Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk I finally decided not to go ;A;

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 03:51:30 )

I decided not to go on my trip to my home state, florida :vanora_cry:

Although expedia says it will waive any fees for me to reschedule within 12 months, the site wont load when I try. Probably too much site traffic.
its also giving me no option to cancel right now (so I can't even get to a point where I can check for a credit refund or something)
I wont know if I lost my $200 or not until probably 72 hours before my flight happens, since that's when they are asking people to hold off on calling until that point. Too much phone traffic and all.

I am more sad about my dollars than missing the trip itself, cause I am kind of expecting they probably wont let me have any form of refund cause I dIdNt GeT iNsUrAnCe.

This is what I get for booking a flight without properly assessing reality--that this virus could spread as fast as it has. And my delay in realizing that even if we can handle it, the sibling I'd be returning home to would not survive if she caught the virus. I can't risk her health after almost losing her about 5 times in the past two years. This isn't out of panic, just... ughhhh I'd feel too much guilt and selfishness if I went on this trip! It has been eating me up SO MUCH inside just thinking about going T___T

but yea
just came here to hang my head in defeat. The virus ate my vacation.
Also to reassure those who were concerned for my well being if I DID go--I'll be safely tucked in my home playing animal crossing instead. And job hunting in vain. Cause mine is like... 0 hours some weeks. /criesinpoor but there are no jobs in this world's state

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 04:02:57 )

I’m glad that you didn’t go in the end. I was worried about you.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 04:11:21 )

@totalanimefan:
I know, that meant something ;A; thanks for the concern!
I'm not in any panic over the virus but yeah.. I'd just feel like such an asshole if I promoted any of its spread.
Peoples' health aren't worth ignoring over $200

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 04:29:06 )

pats you u_u

my coworker had to cancel her trip to see her family too, it sucks
    they're in chile and we just shut the borders so she would've had problems getting back too ughh

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 04:51:19 )

@pachi:
Yeah, it really blows! But the family I was going to stay with has a little girl and I'd die entirely if she became ill cause of whatever airport crud I might carry.
All ethical morals say >> DONT GO << :vanora_cry:

I'm glad most people are at least able to get flight credit and cancel for now. Best not get locked down in another place!

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 07:36:09 )

I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but if you're worried about the money, reschedule it to in the future... then cancel it when it's notably in advance so that there's no 'too close to the date' issues for a refund. Lol

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 17:09:56 )

@bioshock:
There are a lot of cases here in CO as well, so I also would be rude to potentially bring even more to you guys. Or to bring it back.
Yeah, I can't even say its people ignoring guidelines so much as we aren't all capable of staying in at all times. That or they could've caught it before everything shut down. Its silent for a while before symptoms come up

@amber lynne:
Well the website wont work at all right now, so I can't do anything yet. But also there's no "free cancels in advance" cause thats how these airlines are here xD BUT it says online it should waive fees for rescheduling for 12 months, so I want to try setting it to january when I get the site working or am able to call them.
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 17:29:36 )

Maybe that's for the best, you can always rebook. If you had gone, you might have got stuck.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 17:32:48 )

I'm sorry you had to cancel but I'm glad you're staying safe. I'm hoping the airlines are able to work something out for people who have no choice but to cancel during this time.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 19:28:36 )

@Jolly: Yeah I kept thinking about you, and every time I thought about my cancelled FL trip I thought about you too.
You are right though. It's not worth the savings.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.