Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What words or phrases do you keep getting wrong?

Voltie — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 17:22:19 )
I used to work in daycare where the children would often get words wrong, so as a result, it meltet into my language.
To this day, I still can't say spaghetti. I keep saying pasketti.

What words or phrases do you keep getting wrong?

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 17:31:26 )
Not sure if I have any I struggle with now, but as a kid, I had to get speech therapy since I struggled with the Spanish strong R. I couldn't say perrito, so it would end up being peito(which is out word for small fart) and computadora(computer), I'd cut out the com, so putadora(puta is whore in Spanish). Lots of awkward moments.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 18:20:42 )

not in english, but in mandarin.
    i've said spoon - tiaogeng as piaogeng my entire life but i'm not changing that anytime soon |D

Voltie — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 19:07:50 )
I also keep calling scrambled eggs 'egg cake' in my native language.

And for some reason, if I talk to someone with poor english skills, my skills suffer for hours.
I've always wanted to lift a large quadraped over my head

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 19:23:17 )
lol i used to work in a daycare too and i still say "whatchu said?" instead of "what did you say?" because of one of the kids there.

hello again

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 23:10:06 )

I don't struggle to pronounce any words that I can think of (in English, at least), but there's some stuff that I technically mispronounce out of habit.

I can pronounce Vienna just fine, but the sausages will always be vyeenie to me. I count this as more of an accent thing than a pronunciation issue, though I didn't realize it was actually Vienna until my late teens/early 20s because that's what everyone around me called them. Not even gonna try to correct it now.

And every now and then, my childhood habit of saying yogrit instead of yogurt will rear its head again.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 23:38:37 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Not sure if this counts, but I pronounce colonel like how it’s written, instead of by its phonetic pronunciation (“ker-nel”). >__<;;
I try to catch myself most of the time, but oh boy, I still slip up...

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.