Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat OH my first zine contribution!! pix!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 22:49:54 )

AH
AAAAAAH

I'm so happy about this
It's been over a year since I drew the piece, and communication with the people working on it was nonexistent. They said It'd ship out last year in may, then never responded until I think november? Then never told us what was going on and went silent again. so I honestly gave up.
Now I wanna hit up all zines--if only I had the time to fully commit to these things! I love sharing a space with other artists like this <33

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 22:52:11 )
Very nice work! Sucks it took that long to get the finished product but I'm glad you're so happy about the results

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 22:55:12 )

@grost:
Yeah, I really don't mind the wait since production can take a while anyways. I just wish there was more communication? Like a biweekly or monthly update on what's the happs. But its alright, just something to consider if I ever make my own. Which I kind of want to in the future :vanora_xd:
I love
LOVE
art booklets

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:00:18 )

That's very cool! Good job! I've heard a lot get bogged down in drama and stuff so I'm glad this one eventually worked out!

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:05:01 )

@priestess of pie:
Ohh really? This one didn't have any drama (at least none publicly). Just occasionally someone (me) asking where things were at with it.

I do really wish there was more communication cause I ended up missing my chance to order an extra copy for my sister. But its a non-issue really :vanora_xd: Im pretty passive about these sorta things

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 00:10:34 )

Congrats!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 00:53:57 )

congrats!! getting your work printed always feels great, i still get that feeling every time i get things printed, books especially 😆

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 02:43:56 )

@kda drew:
Zines are like miniature magazines, sort of? They're made by anybody who just wants to gather a theme and put it into a little booklet. I usually search zines on twitter and see if there are any looking for artists, then I sign up if I'm interested!
They are usually focused on a fandom or a specific thing that they request for you to draw.

Sometimes zines sell for profit, but a lot of them sell for charity! I actually want to try getting into this zine if they start it!

@pachi:
SAME
and now other people are gonna have my art in their hands and its an odd but nice feeling. All the artists that I spoke to in the zine sounded really lovely and excited too <33

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 02:50:32 )

@Jolly: yessss
    all the ones i've been in have been fairly small-scale so one day i wanna experience a large-scale one |D
    the ones that sell hundreds copies are so impressive

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 03:09:15 )

@pachi:
That would be so cool to be a part of! I'd probably start peeling my eyes open for those once I finish with college and have more time to do these kinds of projects. Until then, I might do one more, then hold off xD

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 03:10:43 )

@Jolly: yeahhh
    it can be a ton of work just with all the back and forth with the organizers ~_~

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 03:15:08 )

@pachi:
Right, exactly. I only sign up as an artist so its also the time it takes to draw the things. I have to wait for my acceptance, then wait for my theme to be delivered so I can start, and hope that it all falls into my schedule just right.
My life usually changes drastically between months for some reason, so I've already had to turn one down that accepted me cause when I signed up, I had SO MUCH downtime. But when I got accepted, I was busy moving across city suddenly xD

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 03:16:50 )

@Jolly: zine timelines are so weird for me personally since it stretches over months, i'd rather just hurry and get the full piece done asap so i don't have to wait haha

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 03:25:00 )

@pachi:
Saaaame, but I get it. But 100% same xD
I would love to make my own zine, but I don't have the money to invest right now, nor the following to pay it off with.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 03:42:31 )

@Jolly: if/when you do, it's totally worth it :3
    i fly solo most of the time tbh, i only participate in group zines if invited ahaha

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 03:44:54 )

@pachi:
Haha I wish I was invited to them |D no one knows me
That's still awesome <3 have you worked on any recently?

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 03:59:52 )

@Jolly: the english part of my fandom is tiiiiny so we all sorta know or know each other ahaha
    the most recent one i did was a doujinshi, i finished it last november :3
    the most recent collaboration illustration zine was also technically done in november, i sold both of those in december~

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 04:09:32 )

@pachi:
Ohh thats awesome! Sometimes smaller communities are more fun if you get along with most of them. But also hard to keep up with since I get intimidated by cliques usually. xD
I think I come off weird online cause I forget how to blend in with others

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 04:11:05 )

ALSO what if there was a voltra zine, where if there are any extra costs, it could go towards a donation to the site? O:
That'd be soooo fun if we had enough people to pitch in, and money to gamble
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 04:18:11 )

@Jolly: yeahhh
    honestly i don't interact too much with the en side of the fandom save for a few friends... i'm too hermit haha;;; i also interact with the jp and chn sides of the fandom too, but in our own ship circle so that's not as bad

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.