Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Love Live!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 05:18:50 )
⭑this is a HUGE shot in the dark, but has anyone played love live or heard of it?

here's recent art from the newest game. the game has been such a big part of my life since 2015! actually, it's how i got the inspiration for my name on this game.
if you play it you should leave your friend code below! i have the japanese and english versions of both games.
and if you don't play it but you like other rhythm-type games for the phone, this one is super fun! there is certainly a favorite character for everyone.✰

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 05:30:47 )

i played it on and off on EN and JP but stopped playing rhythm games in general a couple years ago so i haven't tried the new one--

also watched the anime too lol
    it's cute but i mostly used it for filler time i guess, something of the sort-- edit: it also fed my gambling needs--

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 05:43:50 )
⭑@pachi: the new one kinda sucks imo. its less of a rhythm game and more of a weird rpg with some rhythm aspects but you dont have to keep up with the songs so much as you have to build a good team, which im sure some people enjoy but im a simple soul who likes anime tapping games

dude exactly the gambling. the gambling. ive only spent 10/20 bucks on it and yet i CRAVE to spend more. stopping myself from doing it though lol i would fall down a chute✰

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 06:36:50 )
Gosh, when I first saw your username I was like "Is it a coincidence OR DOES SHE PLAY THE GAME???"

I've also had it since around 2015, though I take a couple breaks now and then. Currently I need to clear out some space on my ipad for the latest update since I haven't played it for a bit, but hopefully I can get that done soon and grab my Friend Code from it hehe >w<

I usually stick with the EN version but sometimes I fool around on my phone with JP version if my phone happens to have enough space XD
I'm terrible at playing on phone though, I started playing rhythm games on my iPad, Love Live was my intro to those types of games actually XD so my fingers only used to giant hoops
Shrink them down to phone size and I'm totally lost XD

I tried playing SIFAS when it first came out but the game mechanics confused me kinda (also I can't read Japanese to try understand the mechanics either so that might've been why XD) and I just went back to SIF for my tapping needs XD

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 06:52:25 )
⭑@Dipper: definitely NOT a coincidence. i love and adore chika and honoka so much <333
i understand taking breaks. i've also been on and off. i used to be able to recognize the sets just by their unidolized versions but now there are a few periods in time i just couldn't tell you about. i've definitely had love for the series throughout that time as well but i get so frustrated with the game tbh
i also prefer en version! japanese version gets a lot of new updates now and while that's super fun i can't understand or read it so i'm just like :T every time something changes HAHAJ
i'm SO much better on the phone. i play bandori, cgss, d4dj, and more on the ipad, but love live i am astronomically better at on the phone. maybe cause i learned to play that way?
i agree with sifas being confusing. i thought when the worldwide release came out i'd play it more but turns out i just dislike the game mechanics. it's actually a shame because the art and animation are fantastic. the art in sif is lacking recently but the sifas art is stunning. i wish the game was more like sif or even bandori :(✰

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 07:20:47 )
@chika: They're amazing. All the girls are so good, I might sob. When I first started, Rin was my favourite, and when Aquors came I liked Ruby XD. And then for SIFAS I thought Rina was cute, but then I think it was her card in lives that screeched in my ear maybe so I was sad XD. But it's honestly hard for me to pick faves now XD
I think I can pick three per group at least XD
Like Muse would be Rin, Nozomi and Umi (I just picked Lilywhite didn't I XD) or Hanayo? and for Aquors I'd pick Ruby, Yoshiko and Mari or Hanamaru? Gosh, I'm sobbing, they're all so good.

I haven't actually seen the anime, I juet read all the game side stories, maybe I should check out the anime some day XD

Haha yeah, seems to be whichever device you start on, that's what you're better at XD
I have bandori on my ipad and I had Utapri and deresute on my phone once upon a time, (Utapri is probably the one game I'm better at on phone than ipad for some reason? My ipad lags it something terrible even with effects off) but both my devices are lacking space, like...technically they're both 16GB devices but software...and rhythm games take like several gigs on their own...I sob...maybe one day I can get a bigger storage and play lots more rhythm games XD

I didn't realise SIfAS EN was out, haha, I've been so disconnected from the world lately XD I forgot to check
"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 08:18:47 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@chika: I used to play the JP Love Live Sunshine a couple of years ago, but I was juggling way too many mobile app games, and I had to cut the rhythm games out since they all kept having their events at the same time and killing me slowly.
Yoshiko was my best girl, and then Ruby. :’3

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 08:45:30 )
⭑@Dipper: my favorites are honoka, nico, rin, chika, riko, yohane, and you. the anime is super cute! they're pretty repetitive but tbh that's kind of the fun part they're just cute heartwarming stories about anime girls lol
i don't have utapri but i want to get it. i love deresute but rin will never come home :T i've had the game for so long and only just recently started to actually scout good cards when i remade my acc
rhythm games take up so much space! im lucky to have a 64gb ipad so if i delete all other apps i can fill it up with rhythm games hehe

@Tsundererra: do you play en*stars? it seems like you'd enjoy it! yohane and ruby are so cute :3✰

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 13:31:42 )

@chika: ohhh i see :o
    some of my friends have played it and i've seen some of the art from it but that's it

LOL i kept buying... those cheap $5 bundles with the SR+ tickets and got pretty lucky with a bunch of them but ~_~ i never shell out more than that at once. they know my tendencies--

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 16:34:27 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@chika: Naaaah, I chose not to play ensemble stars because I knew it would hurt my wallet if I got into it. I was living in Japan when the game released, and omggggg, sooo much merch was made for it. x__x Felt like I dodged a bullet, even though I was super curious about playing it.
I played Utapuri Shining Live and another female singer game... ahhh, I can’t remember the name right now, but maybe it will come to me later. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 16:50:03 )

I used to play, but I found it frustrating to balance energy levels to keep playing. I need games that work on my schedule not the other way around ><;;;

That being said it was a fun game and I did enjoy it when I could. Kotori best girl.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 19:25:27 )

@Tsundererra: bandori?

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 20:09:08 )
⭑@Tsundererra: not playing enstars is definitely dodging a bullet. last i heard the fandom was super toxic both in japan and internationally, but boy band fandoms (anime or not) tend to garner that type of rep whether it's true or not tbh

@Priestess of Pie: kotori is such a sweet lil baby! i totally get it when i run out of lp i want to either blast money on love gems to refill it OR smash my phone, either or

@pachi: i bought the 2.99 bundles w/ an ssr/ur ticket and got an umi ur.... now i keep telling myself i'm going to buy something and i CANNOT i simply can't ill fall down a hole
speaking of bandori do you play?✰

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 20:29:18 )

or was it deresute i just remembered that--

@chika: it's their gateway drug to getting you to pay more and more and more--
    also no i don't, i don't have the drive to play rhythm games on the whole, haha
    most i play is touken ranbu and bungou to alchemist where it's basically just fancy powerpoint

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 20:53:00 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@pachi: YES! I didn’t know that was the nickname for it since I always called it by its full name. xD

@chika: You’re not wrong about that. I got scared by Utapuri fan girls at this one event I went to. They are legit savage, and I don’t even want to know how the enstars fans compare.
I think the only thing that scared me as much were the male fans for love live. Omg man, that thirst.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 04:09:53 )
⭑@pachi: i completely get that. honestly rhythm games are really exhausting to play and keep up with. there is this new one coming out called d4dj and while i love the gameplay i'm SO hesitant about getting into it. they really are a gambling scam lol
ive been meaning to play touken ranbu i'm just airheaded and forget honestly, is it worth it?

@Tsundererra: okay the male love live fans are TERRIFYING. but honestly i think fans of male anime characters are typically scariest. especially with the boy bands where there's kind of an obsessive culture. like godDAMN✰

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 04:16:20 )

@chika: i downloaded realive recently just because one of my fav touken actors voices a character in it
    haven't touched it since... can't do rhythm grind anymore LOL

and yesssss
    play for collecting the pretty boys and the huge assortment of great fan content

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 04:18:35 )
⭑@pachi: fan content yesss
thats my problem bruh all of my fandoms are so old that i'm running out of merch and shit! i'm still hanging on to naruto from when i was really young and the merch is slowly trickling away. thank god for love live and its amazingly (toxic) active community lol✰

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 04:20:47 )

@chika: i don't touch huge fandoms if i can help it-- just hermit in my own little cluster LOL
    i feel like touken en fandom is okay, it's relatively calm and there are way too many characters so people just kinda gather in small groups anyway

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 04:25:24 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@chika: They’re like that with any male groups. T^T I experienced savageness from Gintama, Haikyuu, A3, Osomatsusan, and Hakuouki events. The only time I didn’t experience that weird THIS CHARACTER IS MINE I WILL FIGHT YOU FOR HIM vibe is when I went to an event for a BL manga I liked... all the fans were so kind and helped each other get one of each of the main characters...

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.