Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Exchange The Trash Heap [S] CIs+RIGs+more

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 06:06:10 )

@Clover: trade sent!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 16:45:15 )

@Count Trashula: Wow all of that is still going on? That's horrible. I thought that someone would have been able to help you by now. :(

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 17:24:01 )

@Totalanimefan: If I could have afforded a place in the city, I would say moving here was a mistake. Doctors here don't even use email... And my financial situation complicates things, since now I have to go through extra hoops for approval by the free clinics.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 17:40:01 )

@Count Trashula: What not even email? What the heck.
Waiting around for the free clinic to have space and time to see you is so difficult. This is why we need healthcare for all in the US.

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 17:48:07 )

@Totalanimefan: That would sure be nice... Ironically, the long wait to get free care is what's keeping me from getting on medicine that would allow me to go back to work and get insurance. It's like a self-feeding cycle. Thanks, America :'U
I know one thing, soon as I'm on my feet and we're able to consider moving again, we're picking a place near a city. Small town life is not for me. I love how easy it is to go places around here, and being near the beach and all these nature trails... but not at the expense of feeling cut off from everything and making healthcare even more difficult than it already was.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 18:11:33 )

@Count Trashula: Exactly. I think we all learned during the pandemic that tieing healthcare to work is a horrible idea.
I totally agree with you. I'm more of an urban person myself. I love being able to walk places, to feel connected, to be close to jobs, etc etc. I hope that things change for you soon.

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 20:01:17 )

@Totalanimefan: Yup. But with the cost of other insurance, if my next job offers me health coverage I am gonna have to take it.
I hated living in the city because of crime, noise, pollution, traffic, etc... but the convenience and connection was a huge upside that I'm really missing now. We live close enough to the bigger cities in the area, but they're nothing like my hometown in terms of resources or communities. I feel very alone here.
At least after I'm done with all these upcoming appointments, it'll be easier to start handling other things. I've gotten this far, I guess...

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 20:19:08 )

@Count Trashula: Noise and pollution do drive me crazy (and of course crime is just no good). I feel like both noise and pollution are such easy problems to fix, and yet we don't do it. Other cities around the world are quiet. It's not that people are loud, it's non-electric buses, it's people speeding down a highway, it's the emergency siren that is just way too loud. And as for pollution it's mostly our cars. We have horrible standards for emissions in our vechines and we drive so much compared to other countries because we only design cities for cars instead of people (walking, biking, public transportation).
Trust me, there have been many studies on these issues and urban design is a hobby of mine. I'm also a fan of building more housing near transit too.
ANYWAY, that's not why you started chatting with me lol.
When is your current lease up?

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 20:28:11 )

@Totalanimefan: I don't know a lot about that stuff, but please feel free to tell me about it lol I find it pretty interesting, too. And after years of not having a car, I know the pains of getting around in the city. I was lucky enough to live near the bus route, but things aren't as walkable as you'd think they should be... A car is pretty much a necessity unless you get everything you need within a few blocks.

As for our current place, we own it. So I don't anticipate moving any time too soon; we'd have to go through the whole process of selling it whenever we were stable and ready to move on. Our real estate agent insists we should rent the place out whenever we do move again; apparently that's pretty much the only reason anyone buys around here. We're in a townhouse not far from a military base, so most people who move in don't stay that long. But it was the most affordable thing we could find, and renting wasn't gonna be an option due to our income disparity. "All applicants must qualify separately"...

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 20:46:06 )

@Count Trashula: do you still have the new unique boots and will hair?

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 00:01:21 )

@Bonnie: Sure do; I'll send you a trade for 'em

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 01:55:07 )

@Count Trashula: thank you so much!!

bloop

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 03:38:38 )

@Bonnie: no problem!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 04:29:46 )
      @Count Trashula: Can I get your Raven Mage pwease?

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 07:47:54 )

@Anarchist Beauty: sent it your way~

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 16:35:43 )

@Count Trashula: Yup I totally get it. I'm car-free right now and to be able to live where it's easy to not have a car is very expensive (because people want to live in walkable neigbhoods). As for further readings, there are some YouTube channels about the subject.
Youtube channel - Not Just Bikes
Youtube channel - City Beautiful
I feel like there is another one I like, but I can't think of it right now. The problem with the subject is a lot of people just use feeling to decide their opinion about things, like I don't want new neighbors or whatever, instead of looking at the data and seeing that we need more housing, we need more transit and when transit is good it's better than cars 10 times out of 10.

Oh I see. I didn't know that you guys bought. I thought that you rented. That really does make it harder to move. Renting a place out can be good, but it's tough in the beginning because the mortgage is so high compared to rents, and you would still have to pay for renting somewhere.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 16:54:57 )

I would like to buy the Enchanted By You

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 17:19:28 )

@Totalanimefan: I will check those out!
Yeah, I'm not sure we'll actually do the renting out thing. If our realtor is still hanging around by then, we'll talk to him about it but it seems like more complication than I'm likely willing to deal with when I just wanna move tbh. I do wish we could have just rented this place instead of buying; I wanted to save buying for somewhere we actually planned to be long-term. but apparently 2 unmarried people combining their income to make rent is a myth these days...
we're still pissed at my grandma's friend for backing out of the house she had promised to rent us before we ended up moving here. it would have been a perfect opportunity for us to get on our feet without moving too far from everything i knew, and nothing else in the city was affordable. but she kept messing up with contractors and dragging it out, not getting things set up so it would be livable, and refused us when we offered to help cover the costs. we waited on that house for years, and in the meantime we kept trying to look for other options nearby, but found nothing. so here we are, one mortgage and hundreds of miles later.

@vengeance: trade sent!

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 16:09:17 )

@Count Trashula: wow it just sounds like everything went wrong and that really sucks. I’m sure all that stress triggered your health problems. :(

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 20:03:40 )
@Count Trashula: Would you accept a March Hare, a Knave of Hearts, and 7k volts for your Seriously No Static?
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.