Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Boiling Point

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 01:43:40 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"....yeah." Adym responded.

"But... but I need soil." he said.

"I can't... I can't make a plant grow on this deck. Or from the sea water. I need ground. I need earth." he went on.

He then coughed slightly, and groaned in pain.

"Ohhh, that hurt..." he mumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 01:47:16 )

". . . . There's a plant in our cabin, room... whatever." Callie said before looking around.

"Come on, it'll be awkward, but I'll carry you down." She added as she got to her feet again, having crouched down to be more at his level. She paused after a moment though, scanning the deck to see if there was anything, a plant of any sort that she could grab for this.

"Actually..." She said. "I'll be right back." With that, she took off, running and weaving through the people with surprising ease, to where she saw what she ho0ped was a real plant, instead of a fake one.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 01:54:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just stayed where he was.

"...." he was silent, before sighing and laying back.

Meanwhile, Callie found the plant she was looking for... but it was, in fact, fake.

However, before she had a chance to despair, she saw a cloaked figure disappear around the corner... but they dropped something, and she heard the telltale thud of a terra cotta plant pot.

Sure enough, when she went to check, the figure was gone, but there was a real plant there, in real soil.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 01:57:55 )

Callie was silent, not entirely sure how to process it all for a moment before shaking her head. She didn't have time to ponder it though. Adym needed help.

She grabbed the pot and raced back to Adym, nearly tripping on the way.

"Hey, here." She said as she sat down in front of him.

"Anything else you need?" She asked, hoping that she hadn't taken too long.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 04:37:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just looked at the pot, before placing his fingers in the soil.

Once he did, vines started to grow out from it, making their way towards him, and wrapping around his torso, focusing on the area where he'd been hurt.

"No." he replied.

"This will be enough." he told her.

"Make sure... Kai is all right." he said further.

"He had that weird device in him, after all."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 04:52:03 )

Callie nodded before getting to her feet. She hoped that Adym would be all right now, and knew that if he thought he would be... he'd know best.

So she left him to his own care for the moment, and headed back over to Kai.

"Hey. Are you all right?" She asked, concern in her voice.

"want me to help you back down to your room? Or to a medwing? Or somewhere else...?" She paused a moment.

"Some water, perhaps?'

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 05:10:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Water." Kai responded.

"I need water. I need to be in water." he told her.

"I just... need to be in my element..." he went on.

"Pool, thrown overboard, I don't care at this point." he then said.

"...thanks, Lissa." he added, looking at her and smiling.

"For caring."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 05:12:09 )

Callie nodded before looking around. After a moment or two, she found that the pool was a bit out of the way, but not exorbitantly far.

"Come on, let's get you to the pool in case something goes wrong." She said simply as she helped him to his feet.

"I'm not helping you strip though. That... might be a bit too awkward with kidsa round." She added with a light laugh as they slowly made their way over.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 05:24:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Kai just chuckled lightly.

"I don't need to do that." he told her.

"I just need to be submerged." he went on.

"Odds are I should be good in... actually, I don't know." he admitted.

"Hours? I guess?" he muttered.

"Regardless, thanks."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 05:26:27 )

"I'm the only one of the three of us that came out pretty good from all that." Callie commented.

"The least I can do is help." She added as they made their way to the pool.

Once at the edge, she sighed and stepped back.

"You dive in or whatever. I'm going to go see if the captain can use my help at all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 05:49:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Kai just nodded.

"Yeah." he said.

He then proceeded to literally collapse into the pool.

Ungracefully.

To anyone, that would have been alarming, but she could see Kai gliding under the smooth surface of the water, and he looked to be at peace. It also helped when she saw him make his way to the shallow end, and sit down where his head stuck out of the water.

"See you later!" he called to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 05:53:19 )

Callie just waved before heading off, knowing that he'd be all right now. She wanted to try and help as it was.

---

She was in the luxury suite she'd been given, enjoying her time there, when there wa a commotion above. She had sent someone to check it out, but when they hadn't returned quickly, she had gotten, rightfully in her mind, annoyed.

As she opened the door to head out to find out what was going on, she found someone else there.

"Yes?" She asked, annoyance to her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 06:13:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one that was there, a cloaked figure, said nothing at first. In fact, they didn't say anything at all. They merely stepped forward, pushing her into her room, and shutting the door behind them.

"Your bodyguards are otherwise busy." he said to her.

"The ship was attacked. By crux seekers." he continued.

"Probably after you." he went on.

"But, my... wouldn't they be surprised to find out that you're not who you say you are." he then added pointedly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 06:15:12 )

'How dare you lay your hands on a princess!" She exclaimed, her voice filled with more ire than he likely expected.

"And what gives you the right to make such ridiculous claims?" She then asked.

"Get out of my room. Now."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 06:29:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I don't know who you are." the cloaked figure responded.

"But you are NOT the princess you are claiming to be." he asserted.

With that, he brought his hand close to her... but then waved it away. Just as he did so, the locked around her neck slipped off, the clasp having come open, and the figure caught it in his hand.

As that happened, the glamour disguise she had on faded away, revealing her to have different coloured eyes, and no streak of colour in her hair.

"Care to make such a fuss NOW?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 06:31:29 )

"You have no right putting such an abysmal glamour on me." She snapped.

"Leave. NOW." She ordered, her voice getting to be a bit on the rough side.

"Otherwise the captain of this ship will find out about you causing trouble."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 06:49:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He then stepped closer towards her, and even though she couldn't see his face, she could tell that he wasn't scared of her, or her threats.

At all.

And she could sense an ominous aura around him. Not one that indicated that he wished to harm her, but one that told her he could not be intimidated by her, and he could make her disappear if he so wanted to.

"You are playing a VERY dangerous game, young lady." he told her.

"Heed my one warning. Stop this." he said.

"Or you will find that worse threats will find you, than Crux Seekers." he warned.

He then turned and started to walk back towards the door, tossing the locket back towards her as he did so.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 06:50:49 )

She caught the locket quickly and easily.

"Is that a threat?" She asked, her voice curious, but also warning. She would bring the authorities on his head if need be, if he gavve her just ccause.

And a threat would be just, in her mind.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 07:19:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The figure stopped at the door, his hand on the handle of it.

"It is not a threat." he told her. "It is a statement of fact." he said.

"I will not make any moves towards you, helping nor hindering." he told her further. "In fact, quite frankly, I intend to make it a point to never see you again." he continued.

"You are trying to ride on and be carried by the prestige and goodwill of the Icesska bloodline, and scam artists such as yourself often find themselves at the feet of the consequences that catch up to them." he went on.

"However, you are putting yourself in far greater danger than you think. And not from me." he said to her, opening the door.

"Heed my warning, and give up your charade, if you value your life at all. If you don't, remember that whatever happens to you is of your own doing." he finished, leaving the room and shutting the door behind him, leaving her alone in the room once more.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 07:19:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The figure stopped at the door, his hand on the handle of it.

"It is not a threat." he told her. "It is a statement of fact." he said.

"I will not make any moves towards you, helping nor hindering." he told her further. "In fact, quite frankly, I intend to make it a point to never see you again." he continued.

"You are trying to ride on and be carried by the prestige and goodwill of the Icesska bloodline, and scam artists such as yourself often find themselves at the feet of the consequences that catch up to them." he went on.

"However, you are putting yourself in far greater danger than you think. And not from me." he said to her, opening the door.

"Heed my warning, and give up your charade, if you value your life at all. If you don't, remember that whatever happens to you is of your own doing." he finished, leaving the room and shutting the door behind him, leaving her alone in the room once more.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.