Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Boiling Point

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 05:16:09 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Ceth was now silent.

"Hmph." he muttered.

It seemed he still wasn't happy... but he was at least satisfied with that explanation.

"...so." Adym commented.

"If I were to wager a guess, you need some help." he told her.

"I can sense something in you." he went on.

"Something... well, not nice."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 05:19:00 )

Xeri was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Yeah, there is." she answered with a nod.

"Can't feel my arm, for example." She told him simply, knowing that her brother wouldn't be the most enthused with tha tinformation.

"Salanylus Plant" She then said.

"Anything you can do to help would be fantastic. It's moving fast, and breathing is starting to be ... well, not entirely hard, but more difficult than it should be."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 05:40:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ceth now looked panicked.

"That's not good!" he exclaimed.

"It's not." Adym replied. "In due time, she will be completely paralysed, and barely alive by the time we get to shore." he told the group. "That poison is very strong, and getting it with it has a very high mortality rate." he went on.

"How can you be so calm!?" Ceth asked him angrily.

"...because it's child's play to counteract." Adym responded simply, causing Ceth to freeze where he was.

"...excuse me?" he asked.

"Well, okay, it's child's play for me, because... well... I'm what I am." Adym clarified.

"Oh. Okay, yeah, that makes sense." Ceth admitted.

Adym then placed a finger in the potted plant that was still near him, and a gorgeous jade-coloured rose grew out from the earth... though it had some particularly nasty-looking thorns on the stem.

"I'm going to need to prick you with one of the thorns, where you sustained the initial injury." the wood elf told Xeri.

"I won't lie, it's going to hurt like buggery for about 10 seconds, but it should subside, and you'll feel a soothing tingle moving through your body." he warned her further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 05:49:53 )

"Honestly, I figured you'd be able to deal with that damned poison the easiest. Something tells me that the medics aboard this ship aren't equipped to deal with something of this calibre themselves." Xeri commented.

"Do as you need to. This is getting in the way." She then said. ". . . although that looks pleasant."

"To put it lightly." She added with a light laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 06:17:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It's as dangerous as it is pretty." Adym confirmed.

He then plucked the rose from the soil, and made his way to Xeri. Once he was close enough, he took one of the thorns, and jabbed it into the wound that had been seared closed.

As soon as he did that, Xeri felt an immense painful burning sensation spreading throughout her body. It was almost like there was a fire inside her, raging and burning, threatening to burst out from her.

Just when she felt she would be engulfed by it, it disappeared as quickly as it came.

And, sure enough, she felt the tingling sensation throughout her body... and she immediately realised it was easier to breathe.

"Give it a few days before you're back to 100%." Adym told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 06:20:32 )

Xeri was completely silent as it all happened. She closed her eyes and just focused on trying to breathe, to not freak out with the pain. It was one of the ways that she dealt with pain, and her brother and Adym knew that way.

She didn't move for about thirty seconds afterward before meeting Adym's eye.

"Thank you." She said simply, gratitude in her voice.

"Guess I'll be taking the rest of this trip more like an actual vacation." She added with a light laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 06:49:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just sighed.

"At least SOMEONE can." he said.

"What do you mean?" Ceth asked.

"Well, when Callie and I arrived in town, and got on the ship, she started suffering from a massive headache that nothing could relieve." Adym responded. "Seems like that is the sensation of a crux sensing another crux. In this case, Callie was sensing Kai." he explained further.

"All right... and...?" Ceth asked further, wondering where Adym was going with this.

"And the same thing's happening to ME." Adym responded.

"There's a crux on this ship, I can sense them, and it's giving me a massive headache." he told them. "So I intend to find them so I can make contact and at least make this pain dissipate." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 07:12:56 )

Xeri was silent for a moment before shrugging.

"So let's get all those that we know of together so you can find out which it is." She suggested.

"Best I can think of, anyway." She added.

And I pray it isn't the one that wants to remain hidden... she thought with a light, barely audible sigh

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 07:33:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just sighed.

"All right, fine." he said.

"Let's do it." he told her.

Sure enough, a bit later, they were all gathered in the pool area. Callie, Adym, Kai, Ceth, Xeri, Sara, and Karivyn. Kai was still in the pool, but they were all clustered close to him... with Sara being the furthest away from the water.

"All right." Adym mumbled.

"I'm clearly not connected to Callie." he said. "I'm not connected to you or Ceth." he told Xeri.

"Clearly." Ceth said. "As I'M the one connected to Callie." he chuckled.

"I'm not connected to Kai, as Callie is." Adym went on.

"Indeed." Kai confirmed.

"That leaves..." Adym said, trailing off a little and looking at Sara.

"I... don't believe we've been properly introduced..." he realised.

"My name is Adymar. I am the Crux of Nature." he introduced himself to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 07:36:38 )

Sara was silent, but did wave.

". . . Ah right." Xeri said after a moment or two, snapping her fingers, as she sat where she was. She repeated Adym's statement to Sara, but this time in the language she was more familiar with.

"Oh!" Sara responded, in her own language, though.

"Sarator. Fire." Was all she said with a nod from where she was atop Karivyn's back.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 07:59:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, there's a language barrier." Adym said.

"Indeed." Karivyn responded.

"Myself, and those two are the only ones that can communicate with her, it seems." he commented, gesturing to Ceth and Xeri.

"Well, would you ask her if it's all right for me to take her hand, and see if she's the one I'm connected to?" Adym asked Karivyn.

Karivyn just nodded, before looking at Sara.

"Is it all right if he takes your hand for a moment?" he asked her.

"To see if you are the crux that he is sensing." he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 08:01:53 )

Sara just shrugged before holding a hand out, basically telling him that he could do that.

Xeri, meanwhile, was watching from where she was seated for this (she really didn't have the energy to be on her feet too much for the moment due to the poison, but she was overall, all right).

"I guess that's as good an approval as you're gonna get." Callie commented with a light chuckle.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 08:28:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym responded by gently taking the hand and holding it for a moment.

"Well?" Ceth asked.

"It's warm." Adym replied.

"And?" Kai inquired.

"And that's it." Adym said, letting go of Sara.

"She's not the one." he told them.

"...so there's another crux on board." Kai muttered, thinking about it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 08:30:14 )

"There is." Xeri confirmed.

"Only one more that I and Ceth are aware of." She continued, not getting to her feet.

"And Adym, you aren't going hunting for them." She added, her voice stern.

"They don't wish to have their identity or presence known, not yet. Not even what they are." She continued. "So you will respect that, right?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 09:02:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just growled a little.

"Seriously?" he asked.

"THAT'S what you're going to say?" he asked her.

"Great." he muttered.

"So I'm not going to hunt for them because... they want their privacy." he said.

"Does that sum it up?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 09:04:12 )

Xeri didn't miss a beat.

"Yes. And you are going to be respectful of that, are you not?" She asked.

"Because if you were trying to stay hidden and someone insisted on finding you, would that not be a rather unpleasant thing for you, as well?" She then asked before smirking.

"Or would you be the odd one and welcome it, when you want nothing but to be left alone?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 09:25:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym was growing visibly angrier now.

"Fine." he said.

"I'll go back to the room and be slowly driven insane by this pounding headache that I can do nothing about." he said further.

"I mean, whatever, right? Who cares, right?" he then asked.

"I'm just the little wood elf." he went on.

"Nobody to be concerned with."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 12:00:13 )

Callie was silent when Adym said what he did.

Xeri, on the other hand, just shot him a look, one that almost looked like someone about to reprimand their sibling.

"Adymir!" She snapped.

"What in the blazes was that!?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/4 00:26:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym responded just as quickly, by slapping his hands over his mouth. He was frozen like that for a second or two, before slowly removing them.

"I... I..." he stammered.

"I don't... know..." he admitted.

"I do." Ceth responded.

"Oh?" Kai asked, curious about this now.

"To cut a VERY long story short, and not bore anyone with a lot of history, there are different kinds of elves in this world." Ceth said. "And, generally speaking, they get along. But it wasn't always that way. Elves used to always keep to the same kind, and were horribly discriminatory towards any other kind of elf. And for the longest time, Wood Elves were seen as... well... the 'commoners' of the elf hierarchical system." he explained further.

"Now, time has passed, and those attitudes have, for the most part, gone away. That being said, it happened for so long in the past, it's almost carved into genetics by this point, sadly." he then said.

"So when tensions run high, or stress is prevalent, sometimes people slip back into old ways. In this case, Adym fell back into the mindset that we believed he was lowly because of him being a Wood Elf, and responded with a bitter attitude." he finished.

"...." Adym was silent, before looking away slightly, and shamefully.

"Sorry, Xerica..." he apologised to Xeri quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/4 01:44:52 )

Xeri just sighed lightly.

"I honesdtly thought you'd moved past that by this point..." She admitted before shaking her head and getting to her feet.

"i'm going to take care of the whole headache issue of yours though." She then said.

"Ceth, I'll see you on the shore. I'll get a room at that Inn that we both rather like." She told her brother after a second or two.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.