Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Boiling Point

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 06:10:21 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Karivyn was silent as he witnessed this, before raising an eyebrow.

"Well, then." he said.

"Handy." he commented.

Meanwhile, Ceth had been looking as well, and paused to see if Callie or anyone else had been hurt.

Seems they hadn't been. Yet.

However, he also noticed the cloaked figure. They were well-hidden, and were easily avoiding detection, and it seemed that they were intently watching the situation unfold.

"Hm." he mumbled, before hearing one of the seekers talk about cruxes, and seemed to have an interest in Kai.

"...is HE a crux, too...?" he wondered, as the man waved the gun around Kai's face.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 06:20:34 )

Callie was watching the one waving the gun around Kai, and she was desperately wishing she could actually do something about it, but she knew she couldn't. If she tried anything, chances were that she'd be in serious trouble, sadly.

Granted, as something was said in a language she didn't understand, ad they whirled around to reprimand - which would likely be physically dealt - what looked to be c hild, Callie reacted. She scrambeld to her feet and dove for the attacker, wanting to protect the child.

If nothing else, she wanted to do that, at least.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 06:49:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

At that point, a lot of things happened in rapid succession.

Callie successfully interrupted the attack, and knocked the man to the floor, knocking his gun away and causing it to fire randomly, though it seemed like nobody was hurt by it.

The others that were there immediately turned their weapons on Callie, but the one that was closest to Kai was met with Kai's fist, sending them off the side of the ship and into the drink below.

The seekers then turned their guns on Kai, and readied to fire.

"No more movements, crux!" one exclaimed, as the one Callie tackled to the ground, roughly pushed her off of him.

Adym, meanwhile, was silent and still, staying where he was, and almost quivering slightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 07:09:49 )

Callie landed roughly, the impact wrenching her wrist slightly. She didn't show it though as she stayed there for a moment, not moving. She glanced around, noticing that Kai had multiple weapons aimed directly at him, before sighing lightly. She didn't know if she could do anything here, but she wasn't going to down without a fight, no matter what it was that did happen.

She looked over to Adym, wondering how he was doing, but found herself relieved when she saw that he was all right, at least for the moment.

Orders were barked, and Callie just sighed. She totally didn't understand any of them.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 07:30:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

At that point, one of the seekers grabbed a random adult male and lifted them up.

Once they did, they attached a weird orb-like device to them, via what seemed to be a needle jutting out from it.

When that happened, nothing seemed to occur for a moment... before the person started to literally shrivel up and turn into a husk before everyone's very eyes, causing screams and panic to wash through the crowd.

Kai was just aghast at what had just happened, and Ceth was frozen where he was, unable to properly process it.

Adym, on the other hand, did not seem to be okay, as he clutched at his side, his shirt starting to become soaked in a foresty green liquid.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 07:37:19 )

Callie was frozen for a moment before shaking her head to look around and see what was going on, how anyone was taking anything. She had no idea what to make of what they'd witnessed... and really didn't want to try and figure it out, either. She was trying not to panic, and thankfully was having an easy enough time with it. She'd been trained survival tips by her dad for years, so ... it wasn't like her to completely panic.

And now was a time that she was supper appreciative of that rigorous 'training', as there was no other way to say it, she was sure.

As she saw someone approaching Kai out of the corner of her eye, she went to try and stop them, just to be pistol whipped, in essence, and caused her to drop, stunned fro the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 07:57:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As soon as that happened, the cloaked figure's hand clenched into a tight fist.

"Callie!" Aydm exclaimed, before he was kicked by one of the seekers.

"Quiet, you!" he demanded.

Kai just gritted his teeth, as Ceth made haste to find his sister. They needed to work together on this.

Meanwhile, the one in charge stepped up, and looked to the one that had just used the strange device.

"Well?" he asked.

"No. Abysmal levels of essence." the other responded.

The leader then approached Callie, and lifted her by her wrist, brandishing a device.

"Let's see if YOU'RE one, shall we?" he asked, as he started to bring the tip of the needle closer towards her... but suddenly freezing, his body growing stiff... and his skin suddenly starting to turn a pale and sickly dark blue.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 08:00:21 )

As the device was dropped, Callie reached out and caught it, having been able to regain her wits enough for that. Her head hurt like a bitch, and she knew that she'd have one hell of a shiner later, she was sure, but at least she was alive.

She caught the device, making sure to not have any problems from it, before smirking slightly.

"Hey! give that back you little wench!" One of them exclaimed. Callie looked over as she tore her wrist out of the ones grasp.

"Make me." She stated before smashing it on the ground, hoping it would break,.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 08:27:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When she threw the device to the ground, it bounced a couple of times... but didn't seem to smash.

...until it started shaking and quivering some, as small pieces sprang out from it, and it suddenly fell apart at the seams.

"NO!" one of the seekers yelled.

"GET HER!" another screamed, which caused Kai to grab another of them and throw them overboard.

At this point, without a clear leader, the seekers were far more disorganised.

They weren't sure if they should go after Callie, or Kai, or someone else.

However, it was clear they were still dangerous, and they still had weapons.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 08:31:40 )

Callie was silent as she watched everything. She had no idea what to make of it, and knew not what to do. At least not for a few seconds.

After one took aim for Adym, she caught up with everything and racted. How did she react? She dove for the one aiming for Adym, knocking him to the side. Of course, in the process, she took one hell of a hit from them to the left side. It was hard enough that it knocked her breath out of her lungs, but she was still able to pin them for the moment.

"Adym! Are you all right!?" She asked, her voice concerned, along with breathless from the impact.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 08:45:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym was silent for a moment, before coughing lightly.

"My side..." he said.

"Pain..." he muttered.

"You little BRAT!" one of the seekers yelled, aiming their gun at Callie... mere moments before an arrow pierced through their throat, causing them to fall to the floor, quiet and still.

"What the!?" another one of them yelled, before an arrow pierced their own chest.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 08:49:37 )

Callie hadn't a chance to respond to Adym before the arrow pierced through the one that had aimed to cause her harm. When she saw it, she was silent.

As she saw the second arrow, she remained silent, stunned for a moment. After that moment though, she just shook her head and made her way over to Adym.

"I... really don't have much medical training or know how." she admitted.

"What happened, do you know?" She asked, ignoring anything else for a moment, as another of the seekers aimed their gun at the one that was aiming fo rthem.

And firing.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 09:05:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one that had been firing the arrows, a centaur, hid behind a railing as best he could, trying to obscure himself and make himself a harder target to hit.

One of the seekers had decent aim on him, but before he could pull the trigger, a figure emerged from behind him... from his own shadow... and jabbed a sharp blade through his throat.

With that, the figure disappeared back into the shadow, as the seeker fell.

"What is going ON!?" one of them exclaimed.

"This isn't supposed to be happening!" they yelled, as yet another seeker started to run towards Callie and Adym, wielding a strange device in each hand.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 09:19:33 )

Callie heard the incoming steps and didn't try and dodge it. She just wrapped her arms around Adym, holding him close and keeping her back to the one coming. She would take the hit, whatever it is, since Adym was already in rough shape. She had no idea why, but assumed it was bad, as he hadn't answered her.

She had no idea what else it was that she could do, but Adym, if he could, noticed that she was tarting to feel a lot colder than she had been before. Even if she wasn't doing it intentionally.

Please don't kill me... she thought as she heard the steps getting closer.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 09:25:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym saw the man racing towards them, and tried to do something to stop them, but he felt too weak to at the moment.

'Damn it... damn it, NO!' he cursed.

'Someone... help!' he thought further, closing his eyes tightly.

Then... the footsteps stopped. Completely.

When both Callie and Adym looked at what had happened, they saw Kai standing in the path of the man... and one of the strange devices was jabbed into his stomach. He'd gotten in the way of him.

And he looked to be in pain.

"Ohhh, so you ARE one! Excellent!" the seeker exclaimed with dark glee in their tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 12:20:22 )

"SHIT!" Callie exclaimed before quickly getting to her feet, her movements far more deft than Adym would have likely expected, before she was racing for Kai.

"You can just fuck off." She snapped at the seeker that had attacked. As they pointed their gun at her, she didn't stop. She wasn't able to do anything though, as an arrow found itself embedded in his hand.

I'll have to thank whoever the archer is, later. Callie thought before quickly tearing the device off of Kai.

"You going to be ok?" She asked, realising that asking if he was currently all right was not a good idea. Chances are he wasn't doing so well for the moment, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 22:39:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The seeker that suddenly found himself with the arrow in his hand howled in pain, falling to the floor and trying desperately to pull it out... when another arrow landed in his chest, silencing him.

Meanwhile, Kai was.... not looking so hot.

"Ngh." he grunted, breathing heavily.

"I feel... so weak..." he said quietly.

"I think... maybe... I just... need to sleep..." he went on, trailing off a bit at the end, almost ominously, before shaking his head vigorously.

"I just feel really weak and tired right now." he managed to tell her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 00:13:25 )

Callie just looked at the device her in her hand and just sighed.

". . . Yeah... that doesn't surprise me." She admitted.

"You sure you'll be all right though?" She asked, concern in her voice. After he nodded, she sighed.

"all right. Good." She said, pausing before looking around. "... admittedly, I'm not sure where the best location for you to go is..." He was drained, in a literal sense from what she could tell, and Adym was bleeding. Something had to be done for both of them - but admittedly Adym was more pressing.

And she had no idea what to do with the ruckus that had happened.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 01:18:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

By this time, the seekers were starting to panic.

Their leader was down, they seemed to be dropping quickly, and they had nothing to show for it.

Their numbers had been reduced drastically, and they were actively considering retreating.

However, they couldn't even agree on THAT.

It seemed they were arguing over whether to retreat or try and get something out of this endeavour... but when another one of them seemed to randomly turn dark bluish, and keel over dead, they all started to get scared.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 01:32:18 )

Callie was silent before sighing and making her way over to Adym.

"Is there any plant you can summon to help?" She asked, her voice concerned.

"I'm not sure if I can find a medic quick." She added

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.