Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 15:01:05 )

@0v7: It's going. On I saw that you updated you phone. Which phone do you have?
@Elirona: What time is the later shift? What kind of job do you do?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 15:14:26 )

Whelp, time for more ACNH.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 15:20:50 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Totalanimefan: I have a Galaxy S7! It's kind of an older phone from what I can tell, but still reliable :0

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 15:22:55 )

@0v7: Oh cool. How is it after the update? Anything different?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 15:24:58 )

@Totalanimefan: It's got some good new features, like download boosting (using both Wifi and data to download), as well as some security improvements, general UI improvements, and other stuff! I'm really happy it updated because I kind of assumed that it wouldn't update for a very long time - because of the fact I use Straight Talk for my phone service plan.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 15:43:54 )

@0v7: Oh yeah I forgot that on android it depends on if your carrier allows the update. On iOS it's just up to Apple. How long have you had your phone? It doesn't sound like it's that old.
All of those new features sound nice.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 15:45:14 )

@Lilykin: what... You'd expect professionals to.... be more professional :/

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 15:46:31 )

@Totalanimefan: I've had my phone for 3 years or so - it's more old like in type of phone? My uncle's got a Galaxy S20 and it's way different than my own phone, and my own phone's only receiving security updates now apparently. I used to have a Galaxy S5 with like... 8gb of TOTAL space. It was bad lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 15:52:27 )

@0v7: I think my sister had the S2 back in the day. lol
My husband just bought the Note20 Ultra? I'm pretty sure that's the name. It's the one that just came out. Seems cool. I don't hate on other phones, but I'm a big fan of iOS. I actually was pretty late into the smart phone game. I had a feature phone until half way through 2010. I was waiting for someone to make a smart phone that I was like wow, I want that. Then the iPhone 4 came out and I was like, that's the one for me lol. I like the competition though. Keeps the companies on their feet. I'm a fan of the pixel series too, but they dropped the ball with their new phone this year I feel like.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 15:55:49 )

@Totalanimefan: I actually used to own an iPod touch as a tween/early teen, and then I'm pretty sure I got my first Android phone at 13 - a Galaxy S7 that my mom wasn't using. I ended up downgrading to the S5 a year or so later when I moved in with grandpa, 'cause my mom took the S7 from me and gave it to my uncle as punishment (ugh). Then I got an S6, which didn't actually last that long because the phone battery kind of went to crap. Now I have an S7 as of a couple years ago, or maybe 3? Time's weird.

I'm a big fan of Android because it's customization options, though I'm jealous of iPhones getting updates more frequently. I'd love to have an iPhone as a side phone, for it's camera! It has SUCH a good camera compared to Android.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 16:00:54 )

@0v7: That's harsh :(
Yeah it is cool how many different things you can do on Android. There are so many things to fiddle with. iPhone's tend to get updates faster/sooner and are supported for longer than your average android phone. There are trade offs for sure. And if you own a smart watch that's android or apple that makes a difference too.

I had the 11 Pro. I actually got it over the 11 because the Pro is smaller. I have small hands and don't like big phones. If they are big I tend to drop them, which is not good. I really love the camera on my phone. It's awesome. I think the new Note phones have a good camera too? I haven't messed with it.

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 16:01:30 )
@totalanimefan: I work customer support for a tech company! I've been working here for a little over 8 months...I started in February, I think? The later shift is 11:30 to 8:00 PM EST. My coworker and I trade shifts each week.
@0v7: For right now, my plan is to work until 5 and then I'm not sure! I might try and force myself to play Ring Fit Adventure, or play my autoharp. The day is in my hands once work is done. :P

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 16:04:51 )

@Totalanimefan: I have a smaller phone too, I had the option of the S8 or something like that, but it was big iirc so I didn't get it. Android is super customizable - though, I heard recently that iPhones have built-in widgets now :0!! I'm sure newer Androids have good cameras, however, I have... an old one, haha. I've thought about getting an Android based smart watch, but I don't think I'd have a lot of use for it honestly >w>

@Elirona: I've heard Ring Fit Adventure is fun! I'd get it if I had a Switch and not a Switch Lite!! Today after DV dailies and setting up automatic backups, I might play some games - maybe Sonic Robo Blast 2, just to nab mods.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 16:08:09 )

@Elirona: The good part about your shift is that you aren't getting off work in the dark. The job I had up until last week I had to work until 8pm on Fridays and it kinda sucked. XD Do you like your job? Sounds like it could be good if the company is good to you.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 16:12:57 )

@0v7: Yeah they do! Which is super awesome and lots of developers are trying to come out with the newest and best iOS widget apps. I'm sure by Christmas there will be a ton to choose from.
I kinda wish that the tech companies wouldn't forget about the people who like smaller phones? Not everyone is a guy with big hands.
I tried a Moto 360 watch, but it was like 5 years ago, and I didn't care for it. I do like my Apple Watch, but if I was tight on money I wouldn't bother. It's a nice to have. I'm use to wearing a watch in general. Been wearing one since middle school. The good thing about the watches is they can last years and be fine. My sister was using my original Apple Watch until last year. Apple is still selling the 3rd get one that came out in 2017 I believe?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 16:15:13 )

@Totalanimefan: The good thing about my OS update is I can use more apps now! Debating on getting "Sky: Children of the Light" now that my phone's compatible with it, since my siblings play it, but also... I wasn't a fan when I played it on my grandfather's (old) iPad. I guess I could do some browsing to see if there ARE games I wanna get, or just utility apps in general.

I haven't ever actually owned a watch since I was... 14?? I think?? I had a watch to read as more masculine, essentially, lol

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 16:15:57 )
@totalanimefan: Yeah, my job is real nice compared to my last job, lol. I was working overnight at a grocery store stocking shelves for around a year. This current job has great insurance plans and a really good salary. We were having some issues with being short-handed in the support department but they're trying to remedy that, finally. We've had a staffing problem for like 4 months now. :P Where are ya working at now?

@0v7: What kind of game is Dappervolk? It's not one I've heard of. :O Ring fit is great! I just fell out of motivation due to existential dread, sadly. :( gonna try and force myself to play it.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 16:22:09 )

@Elirona: It's an avatar/pet site! I like it 'cause it's easy to collect items - plus it has lore, quests, n stuff.... though, it's a LOT of clicking to get through daily quests and such.
I should get more exercise in my day but I'm not sure what will work for me or not - maybe I can try yoga again >w>

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 16:32:40 )
@0v7: ah, I see! It's kinda like Flight Rising, it sounds like. I'm glad you like it so much!

Ring Fit has yoga in it, but I have problems with my balance. :P

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 16:39:16 )

@Elirona: Yeah I think it is like FR, though I haven't actually played FR in a while haha

I have good balance, but my patience is horrible. I can't sit in a pose for more than 20 seconds because there's not enough for me to do lol

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.