Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 17:23:29 )

@Totalanimefan: good morning! How are you?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 17:32:21 )

@Totalanimefan: oh pokemon go, my brother used to play that. I never have though, I'm not a big gamer, I don't have the patience or attention span lol. How is your Monday going?

@Crystalkitsune85: well you've found Voltra now :)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 17:41:56 )

@Bonnie: um
@sunny: actually
It’s going horribly. My mom just found out she has to get open heart surgery. But the thing is I live a 6 hour flight away from my mom. And there are no direct flights either. So to get on at least 2 planes and 3 airports. What if I got COVID-19? If I gave it to her? It would kill her. But I can’t not be there right? What do I do?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 18:28:37 )

@Totalanimefan: oh god. I’m so sorry to hear that! I think that your mothers health is the most important thing. You want to make sure she’s not compromised and has the best chances to make it through

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 19:26:14 )

@Totalanimefan: omg :o I'm so sorry to hear that! That's terrible news. At least you know she is getting the care she needs. And I suppose you have a difficult decision to make about whether or not to go there. Idk what to suggest. Just do what you feel you need to do. And know that we are here for you, and crossing our fingers that all goes well.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 22:24:40 )
@Totalanimefan: it reminds me of what a friend made with felt. They did make a Unicorn, and they also like the movie "The Last Unicorn"

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 22:26:15 )
@Totalanimefan: but also thank you, sorry for not posting feeling blah
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 22:26:53 )

@Bonnie: yeah exactly what I was thinking. My sister’s ex is a dr and he said you should be fine if you wear a mask and wash your hands all the time but there is still the waiting 14 days once we get there. You can also read what I wrote below.

@sunny: thank you. I’ve been going back and forth all day. You can read the info above too. I’m still in the don’t go camp but since so many people I’ve talked to are like you should go I just don’t know. Will a regret it if I don’t go? Will I regret it if I do? Who can say. And still what do I do about the 14 day waiting period? And when should I go and for how long? I shouldn’t see my mom until after she comes home which is probably like two weeks away? A week until the surgery and a week for her to recover in the hospital. So should I fly now and see her right when she gets out? Better to wait a few weeks? Will the virus be better or worse in the US in two weeks? It’s all so much to think about.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 22:27:19 )

@Unicorn: it’s ok. I’m feeling bleh too

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 22:41:25 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah there is sooooo much to consider. I mean I honestly would just call your mother and ask her what she honestly feels. Would she want to see you? Etc etc. weigh all of those options.

Maybe you may regret it but with this pandemic and a decision like that I’m just not sure there’s a way not to avoid regret.

I guess would you rather regret possibly putting her at risk or not seeing her until she gets better?

What is the risk factor in the surgery? Are the doctors competent?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 22:51:44 )

@Bonnie: I did talk to her for like 10 mins today but she was still really tired from the procedure today that showed the drs that she had an aneurysm. She said that I don’t have to come does or time and money and I was like that doesn’t matter. I’m not working atm but I have the money. The problem is Coronavirus. And where would I stay to quarantine after I get off the flight.
Yeah maybe you are right. Maybe there is no way to avoid regret and my family is just another indirect victim of COVID-19.
When she had the surgery last time it was when I was a kid and we all lived in FL. The dr there was very good but she can’t fly down there to get it. Too risky. I don’t know how good the Drs are there but I would think they can’t be bad. My mom probably got the recommendation from her FL dr when she moved back to PA.
For the surgery they have to crack open her chest unfortunately. But I think she is healthy enough? She is overweight but she didn’t say anything about something going wrong during the surgery.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 22:57:27 )

@Totalanimefan: It sounds like you will regret it no matter what you end up doing. IT's a hard decision :/ maybe think of it like... how would you feel if you didn't go? How would you feel if you did go and maybe got COVID? Or you could go and not get COVID, and everything would be fine. I'm sorry I can't offer much actual help :/

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 23:02:16 )

@sunny: thanks for the response. There is no right answer and that’s part of what makes it so hard. I think that she won’t die from the heart surgery but it’s my mom and I should still be there for her but also we are in the middle of a pandemic and it’s a virus that would 100% kill my mom if she got it. No question about that.
I’ll try to think about how I feel both ways that might help. My sister is 100% sure about going no matter what.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 23:17:02 )

@Totalanimefan: maybe if your sister goes it will make you feel less guilty if you do decide not to go? Like, at least someone is with your mom. It sucks that this has come at such a difficult time :/

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 23:20:20 )

@Totalanimefan: I’m glad you were able to talk to her at least. I think it’s generally safe to trust the doctors and they will be able to successfully take care of her and help her. I most definitely will be praying for you and your family. Envision me hugging tightly right now! <3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 23:27:20 )

@sunny: yeah I thought that as well. Maybe take turns? But then am I the bad child if I don’t go? I don’t want that guilt either.
@Bonnie: thank you so much. That means a lot to me.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 23:29:54 )

@Totalanimefan: maybe your mom will understand what with the current situation and all? I don't know :/ I'm hugging you too!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 00:00:39 )

@sunny: yeah true. I’m sure she would. -hugs-

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 00:02:17 )

I’m looking at flight right now. Nothing is really available in May. So I looked in June. There are more flights but because it’s so far most of the travel times are 20 hours long cause of the extreme flyovers.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 01:23:05 )

@Totalanimefan: absolutely love! <3

bloop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.