Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 21:39:39 )

@sunny:

Thanks! Once I figured out you could post cute pixel gifs in your post window, I had to put some really cute stuff on it <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 21:43:43 )

@Crystalkitsune85: yeah, I love looking at other people's post styles :D

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 22:11:13 )

@sunny:

I just love cute things like that.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 22:12:21 )

@Crystalkitsune85: me too! That's why I love Voltra, because we have so many cute pixels. And the community too, of course :)

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 22:15:33 )

@sunny:

Gaia I guess can do the same thing, but people get carried away with it.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 22:17:19 )

@Crystalkitsune85: Oh yeah, Gaia is just Too Much™ for me. The people there are so money-obsessed. That's why I prefer smaller avatar sites like Voltra.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 22:24:18 )

@sunny:

The level of difference between other more chill places like Voltra, and Gaia is such at opposite ends of the spectrum. People there, are not only rich snobs, and the economy there is insane...the people that RP there are like...God Tier with their fancy graphics and novel long, wall o text posts. I mean damn. I like to RP but I don't think all that hoopla is necessary. I mean the group RPs are rediculous with their multiple posts, introducing the world and what not. It's just mind blowing. I just want a simple, laid back RP, not a circus.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 22:26:38 )

@Crystalkitsune85: Circus, that's a good way to describe Gaia. I used to be into it years ago, but it just drained me. I wasn't enjoying it any more, and there's no point sticking around somewhere if you're not enjoying it. I've been with Voltra since the day it opened and the difference is mind-blowing. Staff actually care. The users are friendly and happy. The items are consistently good. I'm so glad this place exists.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 22:33:47 )

@sunny:

The day the economy went to shit because of the Cash Shop, that's when things changed. Literally people were cool enough to RP with. Guilds were a great place to RP as a group, and have people into the same things you were. I was in an Inuyasha guild and I RPed with other people in it. I liked it when you could navigate the world with the map. The games were fun. Then the OGs started picking on the new comers because of how insane the economy became with items. The marketplace blew up and the cash shop made things crazy. Having a million gold there used to be a lot. Now that's chump change. Things cost too much, there's ads everywhere, people are rude or just insane....Only thing I can say for the Gaia that's good, is their pixel artists. They are kick ass. The items are beautiful. It's just a shame that it got as bad as it has, because the quality of items has improved greatly from it's origins.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 22:54:17 )

@Crystalkitsune85: I agree with all you wrote. It's a shame really, because Gaia was truly fun once upon a time. Oh well. Sites come and go... I am honestly surprised it's still running.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 23:22:32 )

@sunny:

Gaia was my first forum/avatar based site. I actually think it was people at college who told me about it. Also Furcadia, but we won't get into that >.>. But I found Kingdom of Knuffle that I basically was only on it enough to meet someone there who told me about Roliana. Roliana was my home for the longest time. I loved how simple and laid back it was. It was refreshing to have people there that weren't snobs. I RPed there a lot, but then they changed owners and they revamped the whole site that actually made users leave (including me) because of the terrible interface. They were gone for 3 months to change the site to something that had horrible fonts, and a confusing navigation. Last time I went in, they were announcing they were shutting down and that was last year. I also tried a few other avatar sites, but they never stuck with me.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 00:15:02 )

@sunny: oh yeah there are some Pokémon games on the switch. I should have said which one. I was playing Pokémon Go from my couch lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 00:19:26 )

@Crystalkitsune85: cool ^^ I haven’t really done much in the past few hours. What about you?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 02:26:44 )
@Crystalkitsune85: The Last Unicorn, was on my tv this morning so I was able to watch it. It was on HBO

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 02:36:32 )

@Unicorn:

Oh cool! how did you like it?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 05:23:19 )

@Totalanimefan: damn I’m sorry to hear that! D;

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 05:30:14 )

@Bonnie: lol thanks. It’s ok though. I’ll be able to get one again one day T-T

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 11:34:15 )
@Crystalkitsune85: I loved it, I wosh that it would be on tv at a time when my little one is awake
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 12:44:07 )

@Totalanimefan: yesss! One day!! <3

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 17:09:26 )

@Bonnie: hey good morning
@Unicorn: good morning. I like the new color choice.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.