Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 16:25:48 )

@Lilykin: Hey that's cool. You can do whatever you want (as long as you aren't hurting others)
I don't know what I'm going to do during the day, but at night I'm going to watch the fireworks.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 16:30:22 )
@Totalanimefan: lol. I know. But I'm not worried about this storm right now. I'll keep tabs on it, like I always do, but it's not my first rodeo, so to speak, and it's still very early in the season XD

It sounds like you're set up for a lovely day. Yes, the city will probably be quite crowded!

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 16:32:00 )

@Totalanimefan: Ok, I might watch fireworks tv. Cause shiny colors go boom. But mostly I'm going to sit around and do nothing lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 16:34:40 )
@Totalanimefan: I totally understand that. Music especially. I can't listen to some songs anymore because of what they used to mean to me, what they represent now. Songs that were meant for exes, songs that remind me of where I am or where I've come from. I try not to think about the past though. It's rough.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 16:43:35 )

@Wildfire: Yes true and true.
I was racking my brain so much to think of a spot that would be good but not too busy. I thought of rooftop bars, hotels, different parks, a restaurant, in DC not in DC lol. Finally I settled on this park lol

@Lilykin: Sometimes that's what holidays are about. Just doing nothing and doing what you want to do.

@SorrowTheMad: It's kinda of amazing how songs and music will just take you back to a time and a place. Music is powerful.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 17:10:23 )
@Totalanimefan: It really is. Even listening to some of that angsty emo shit I used to listen to when I was a teen brings me back lol! Don't know if you ever listened to it, but the song Somewhere I Belong by Linkin Park actually saved my life. It's kind of a long story but the gist of it was I was in a pretty bad spot with my depression and that song was exactly how I felt at the time, it made me realize I wasn't the only person that felt that way or thought that way. It's pretty sad and ironic about what happened with Chester (the singer of Linkin Park), considering he's probably helped thousands of people the same way with his music. RIP Chester Bennington :(

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 18:20:58 )

@Totalanimefan:
Oh gosh, at least my roommate's dog doesn't seem to bark at fireworks. That sucks. :(

In other news, wooo, hurricane! Actually I guess it's a tropical storm by now. And as long as it doesn't strengthen back up it'll probably not be a big deal when it hits here, fortunately. But last I looked I was right in the middle of the cone. @3@

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 18:23:44 )
@Totalanimefan: I hope the spot works out for you. You'll know if it's a good one if it, too, is crowded (but hopefully not insane). Good luck!

@CooperationIsKey: If it helps you any, since we're more or less in the same area of the state, we are not worried about it. As I told Total earlier, we'll keep an eye on it, like we always do, and batten down the hatches if it seems necessary, but I doubt that will happen...

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 18:26:31 )

@Wildfire:
Yeah, I'm not worried. Other than ordering (or attempting to; it was refunded) an extra case of water I haven't fussed. Doesn't look like we'll get much worse than a lot of rain here, really.

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 18:32:53 )
@CooperationIsKey: Exactly. I'm more concerned about my dogs freaking out over the inevitable storms than about anything else (they are complete wussy dogs... especially since they're 60# each... /eyeroll/)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 19:54:24 )

@SorrowTheMad: I loved Linkin Park's music growing up. Sometimes I could relate to the words and sometimes I just liked the sound. (I wasn't in a bad relationship or anything). I'm glad they could help you it. Being a teen and having to change so quickly and learn so much so quickly is very hard. Life sucks at that age. RIP Chester.

@CooperationIsKey: I was not having a good night last night, and I found out the dog peed on the couch the night before that and when my husband got up he stepped in dog poo. He's old so he just goes where and when he wants. It's annoying to say the least. You are a few days ago and this storm isn't supposed to be that strong. If you are in a good building and have some water and snacks you will be good. ^^ Gotta have your hurricane snacks.

@Wildfire: Thanks! Oh and I was going to bike there, but I forgot that my husband's bike has a recall on the pedals for breaking off. So we are going to take the metro and then walk to the walk and do the same for the ride back. :)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 20:15:27 )
@Totalanimefan: You seem to have a plan, and that's good. I hope it works for you. And I hope public transport isn't crazy for you!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 20:17:24 )

@Wildfire: Thanks! They are running additional trains starting at 4pm, so it shouldn't be a problem ^^ We are going to a favorite pizza place for dinner and then walk to the park. ^^

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 20:20:11 )

@Totalanimefan: Oooh pizza sounds good. Maybe I'll get a pizza for super (or heat up a frozen one lol)

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 20:26:34 )
Pizza sounds pretty good right now. Particularly one that's kinda thin crust and put in a wood-burning oven. ouo

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 20:33:34 )
@Totalanimefan: that sounds like a wonderful plan, tbh.
You're making me miss being in a major city for this holiday!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 21:06:58 )

@Lilykin: This pizza place is so good too. Of course you can get just the normal pizzas by the slice, but they also have lots of unique ones. My husband's favorite is the chicken tikka. It's like Indian food on pizza. Menu

@Aisukohi: YYEEESSS Look at the reply above. I linked the menu too lol

@Wildfire: Aw sorry. XD I'm gonna see beautiful fireworks. You are going to be caring for the dogs and watching the hurricane updates lol. You can probably find a fireworks stream online or on TV though.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 21:10:26 )
@Totalanimefan: Ooh, yum! I'm very basic when it comes to pizza lol. Just give me your typical pepperoni and I'm a happy gal! I don't appreciate sharp cheeses though, so your classic mozzarella is all I need.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 21:11:53 )

@Aisukohi: I normally just get pizza or pepperoni when I'm here. I can't have some of the others because they will have onions. It's some of the best pizza I've ever had.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 21:16:07 )
@Totalanimefan: Aw, are you allergic to onions? That's awesome to find a local pizza place you really like though. I can't think of one around here that's specifically local that I really like.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.