Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment What's your favorite podcasts?

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/10 21:28:12 )
I'm trying to branch out now that some of mine are on an off season rn. Plus I like seeing what other people like. So, share 'em!

I enjoyed Angel of Vine, a fictional true crime noir story. If you know of any similar, lemme know. That led me to Solve, a weirdly (in a good way) formatted podcast where you get 4~5 suspects telling their sides, and you get to figure out who dun it.

Oh No! Ross and Carrie is mah jam, and was one of the first ones I got into. Cults or Just Weird is on a hiatus T ^ T But they're similar to onrac. On the self-help end there's By The Book.

Dressed is for my fashion history needs, and are just as enjoyable as American Duchess. You Must Remember This got me into old Hollywood because the culture's totally different. (Plus it's officially a full century since 1920! Kabooosh. It's weird 1930 will be 100 yrs ago in just another 10.) I can't wait for the return of You're Dead to Me & Evil Genius.

I've got more but I'll leave my list here for now. Are any of these also on your list?

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/10 21:43:18 )
Oohh, I enjoy The Adventure Zone and several of their spin offs (Sawbones and the etiquette one). I've seen a bit of the MBMBAM & Jenna & Julien Podcast but couldn't totally get into it. You may like The Official Podcast and/or The Misfitz. Those are in a similar genre of goofy guys talking about goofy shit, and can be found on youtube. The Misfitz may bring up a different Misfits podcast, so look for the rainbow one with a z.

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 04:29:25 )
。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚ 。・:*:

I love love LOVE Sawbones, also today explained which is by Vox, and I'm a bit coldcase/crime person... it is just really intriguing? So casefile true crime, dark poutine, today in true crime, wine and crime, and more.

ALSO I started listening to "The Two Princes" lately and it is so good... so well voiced and an easy to follow storyline... it is by Gimlet and I cannot recommend this one enough and I'm not even done with it yet!

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 07:15:04 )

》::: ✿・`.*
I haven't really ventured into podcasts, the only one I like is Cult Liter by Spencer Henry
I thought abt checking out Misfitz, since I love watching swagger, but idk not something I would listen to. More into horror themed things ig
*.`・✿ ::: 《

Please ping me!

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/19 05:03:18 )
I'm not typically big on podcasts since I zone out really fast.
Then I get frustrated when I missed whatever's going on and have to start the podcast over again.
...rinse and repeat.

BUT I got really into The Magnus Archives. It's like a roleplay, I guess you could say, of an archivist that's tasked with cataloging
a bunch of submitted reports of supernatural/paranormal experiences. It's spooky, well-written, suspenseful, and the characters
they introduce over the series are complex and kinda lovable. It's a must if you like anything spooky and supernatural.

...And also MBMBAM. Obviously.

Donator — They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 22:54:49 )

Small Town Dicks
And That's Why We Drink
My Favorite Murder

(All three above are true crime... lol. And ATWWD has paranormal, too.)

I also like these ones by Youtubers:

Very Really Good (Kurtis Conner)
SleepyCast/SleepyCabin (This one is by Oney/PsychicPebbles/Spazzkid/RicePirate/etc so their humor is dark and really inappropriate, so it's not for everyone - also occasionally a bit offensive...)

And,

The Woody Show (This one is actually a daily radio show, but they put out their thing in podcast form. I love em. Super weird.)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 00:14:00 )
oh deer...

Small Town Dicks.
My Favorite Murder
Jenson and Holes the Murder Squad
True Crime Garage
Zealot (this ones about cults)

I started Sawbones and Adventure Zone a while back they're pretty good but not my favs.

@skettiyeti: SSDGM! Haha
I love mfm and I've been binging Small Town Dicks

Donator — They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 22:52:50 )

@erebus: YAAAAS another murderino haha! I listened to Small Town Dicks first because I heard about it on the radio - that one is honestly so chilling, since they have the detectives that worked the case there talking with them.

I think you'd like ATWWD as well if you like MFM, it's pretty silly. <333

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 01:44:30 )
oh deer...

@skettiyeti: yes! I love the detectives perspective and how it's affected them. I find it fascinating.

I'll have to check out ATWWD.

Have you listed to the Closing? It's Edward Wayne Edward's daughter. It is really good.

Donator — They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 19:00:04 )

@erebus: I can't wait for them to put out more. It's probably my favorite as far as how detailed they get - I realize that makes me sound morbid but I am a huge fan of like, deep dives into subjects, yanno?

They have a really excellent episode early on about the Amity Horror House - I was hooked by that episode, haha!

Oh woahhhh I have not heard that! I am absolutely going to look that up, thank you!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:19:09 )
I like relistening to Creature Talk, though that's a channel-specific thing from a group that was killed by one of the og founders a few years ago (The Creatures) and you would need to know who each of the people are and the "lore" of the channel

I also like State of the Youtube, made by Rusty Cage (the guy that made all the knife game songs), EmpLemon (ex-youtube pooper), and Mumkey Jones Simian Jimmy (thanks Susan for killing his career). As the name of it suggests they're all talking about the state of youtube and issues/events going on at the time, sans a few episodes where they're just messing around telling dumb stories

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:26:56 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I like How did I get here. It's actually made by a k-pop idol named Jae from a band called Day6.
But it's about different random topics like the mandala effect, soulmates, and overall a very interesting podcast.
And it's pretty funny too.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 12:56:08 )
Last Podcast on the Left is my favorite tbh, they cover true crime and are funny as hell. Also gonna see them live next month! I suppose some people may find issue with their brand of humor though.

Sword and Scale is more true crime, but... the host, Mike Boudet, is kind of a dumbass. I dunno, the content is fine but the host needs to chill the fuck out about how much he hates #woke culture. I came here for true crime, not to listen to someone bitch about Twitter lol.

Southern Fried True Crime is kinda nice, a little bland, but the woman who hosts it has a soothing voice, so I appreciate it.

The Dollop covers American history with two comedians. They're ok, their jokes are hit and miss, but they cover some obscure stuff (like stuff from my hometown, which is so small that people in the state didn't know where my hometown was) so that was awesome.

Donator — He/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 08:30:20 )
The Magnus Archives! Volume-wise it can be super quiet though and that drives me batty, but someone very helpfully posted all of the transcripts, so I'm not too bothered, lol. It's horror!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 20:24:37 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...r]

@Toby:

It's official. I love you. The Magnus Archives is my favorite! I binged it all during quarantine and now I am just antsy for the newest episode next year. I'm sad to see it end but excited to see how it ends.

Do you have a favorite episode?

...If you wanna keep your head

Donator — He/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 04:52:16 )
@Fading Kings: I feel you on that! It's always sad to see things end but when they do it opens new doors and new possibilities to whatever the creators will make next!

My favorite is, ironically, the very first episode. There's such a chilling air to the way they describe the anglerfish, it's what got me hooked [pun not intended but welcomed]!

What's yours?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 21:44:02 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

@Toby:

The anglerfish is a classic. I still think about it sometimes when I overhear people ask someone for a cigarette lol.

I really love 177, Dr David was a very creepy and triggering episode in ways but enjoyable. I also love anything and everything about Helen.

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 05:52:04 )

I've only recently got into Podcasts a year or so ago.
I have enjoyed listening to:
Gods of the Universe - A friend is in this one
The Adventure Zone - I love Taako!
Amnesty [unfinished]
Dust [unfinished]
The Broadswords [unfinished]

I started The SpellCast, but I don't know about this one yet.
I have only listened to D&D or other tabletop type podcasts so far.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/31 01:16:00 )

I've only ever listened to one podcast. Talk is Jehrico, he talks to different people about different things. Now being a wrestler a lot conversation lead to the topic of wrestling. And he does talk to a lot of other wrestlers.

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 17:18:08 )

I've recently started listening to these two podcasts for Russian learners:
Next Level Russian
Mighty Russian

There are more I'm interested in listening to, but I decided to start with these two. As well as listening to the podcast, I also like to work through the transcripts using Learning with Texts~

★~~Questing~~★

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.