Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Technological Evolution

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 05:05:50 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

As soon as she entered the room, mana seemed to just... 'appear', though it was more 'became visible'.

The swirled around slowly, leaking out of Hal, but staying connected to him.

And it seemed like it was reacting to Hazel being there.

Even Angela saw this, as the mana was starting to slowly 'leak' through the door.

It was disconcerting, to say the least.

I'll be right there. she got in response from Zeke.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 05:11:54 )

Hezel merely sighed before turning away from Hal and heading toward Angela. She pushed the medic through the door and followed before locking the door.

"You really should not have taken me in there." She told the medic.

"What? Why?" Angela asked.

"What the hell did you do to him?" She asked, her voice acquiring a bit of an edge to it.

"It merely has to do with what I am." was all Hazel responded with.

"It pulled his mana out, mana that craves a host." She added.

"He is an incompatible host, now." She finished with, which net a bit of an annoyed and worried growl from Angela.

"Greaaaaat," was all the medic said.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 05:51:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Before any more words could be exchanged between the two of them, Zeke arrived.

"I'm here!" he said.

He then paused as he looked around.

"Whaaaaaat is going on here?" he asked.

"It looks like things are getting really weird around here." he commented. "And considering this place, that is saying something." he said further, continuing to scan the area.

"Can I get a bit of an explanation?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 05:55:07 )

"Hal Sharp's mana is no longer contained within his physical casing." Hzel answered without hesitation.

"As she said. His mana is out, and won't go back in." Angela added with a sigh.

"And I don't know how to fix that." She added.

"I do." Hazel commented.

"Find a new host."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 06:20:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...hm." Zeke muttered.

"Well, I know one thing." he said.

"Lunet shouldn't be here. What with what's going on, and with her father like this." he reasoned.

-Meanwhile-

Cain and Lunet were sitting in a park, watching the clouds roll by, and eating some hotdogs they got from a vendor.

"Nice afternoon." Cain said.

"We still going to the movie later?" he asked.

"The evening show, yeah?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 06:22:43 )

"Oh definitely." Lunet agreed with a nod.

"I've needed a break. Dad's been working me like a dog on my studies, and with all the attacks, keeping up on Chloe is getting to be even more of a task than I had honestly expected." She admitted.

"Then again, I didn't espect someone to short circuit her so severely, either." She added with a sigh, telling him that the android was out of commission for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 06:50:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain just sighed.

"Yeah, that is a bummer, to understate it." he said.

It was then that his phone rang.

"Eh? Dad?" he mumbled, answering it.

"Hey Dad, you're on speakerphone." he said.

"Cain, keep Lunet away from the Unit." Azazel responded. "There's a weird virus going haywire here, Hal's been affected, and he's not in good condition right now." he told him.

"And don't tell Lunet about this, it'll just make her worry, and she might try and come here." he then added.

All Cain could do was bite his lip, and sigh quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 06:54:39 )

Lunet had barely a chance to say anything before all was said. Once she heard tha tHal wasn't doing well, she froze. That wasn't something she wanted to hear, but it was something she had to, obviously.

She didn't say anything before meeting Cain's eyes, silently. In it was a request.

Send her. Use her mana and send her to the Unit. He knew that if he didn't, then she would most certainly walk out there herself. And it was quite a distance.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 07:18:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Cain was silent, before sighing.

"Cain? Cain!?" Azazel's voice emanated from the phone.

"...too late for THAT, Dad. On all accounts." was all Cain responded with.

"CAIN-!" Azazel yelled, before Cain hung up the phone.

"...I am SO gonna catch an earful from the two of them for this..." he muttered.

He then flicked his wrist, and Lunet was surrounded by his mana, making her disappear from where she was, appearing in the security area of the Unit, as his mana wasn't allowed to bypass the barriers.

Melissa, however, was unaware of what was going on with Hal, and after a quick check, Lunet was granted access into the Unit.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 07:23:31 )

Lunet made her way through the halls of the Unit, using the visor and the coded map of the building as an overlay so she knew where she was going.

"Leo, I love you for this damned thing." she muttered as she walked at a brisk pace that was almost a run. As she moved, she noticed that the halls were shockingly empty, but she didn't worry about it, didn't really have the time to do so.

". . . Wait, what?" Hazel, who was still with Angela and Zeke, asked the air quietly.

"... Someone is coming." was all she said before the doors to the medwing opened and Lunet made her way in, and over to the trio.

"Angela... what's going on with Dad?" the teen asked, demanding an answer. Angela just sighed before motioning to the room that Hal was in.

"He's in there. But you can't go in." Angela told her. Lunet nodded before heading over, looking at him through the window in the door, wanting to know what was going on... and if there was anything she could hope to do to help.

Hazel, meanwhile, was watching Lunet intently.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 07:44:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke, however, looked less-than-impressed with Lunet being there.

"Oh, what the hell." he growled.

"I told Azazel to tell Cain to NOT tell you." he muttered.

"Great." he said.

"I'm going to have a little chat with my dear friend, Az." he then mumbled further.

However, he then noticed that Hazel was looking at Lunet intently.

"...yes, Hazel?" he addressed her.

"This is Lunet, Sharp's adopted daughter. What's with you?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 07:46:38 )

"I was with Cain when Az called." Lunet responded.

"He put it on Speaker, and Az said everything before I could get an word in edgewise." She added before hazel spoke.

". . .. let her into the room." Was all the redhead said simply.

"I... it may help."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 08:04:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke blinked a couple of times.

"Excuse me?" he asked.

"Let her IN? What with all THAT crap-" he continued, before pausing.

"...no, no." he mumbled.

"You seem to know more about this than anyone else, and there is a lot more to you than meets the eye." he reminded himself.

"But the decision is ultimately Angela's." he went on.

"For what it's worth, Hazel's all we have to go on." he commented to the medic.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 08:12:28 )

"Hell to the no." Angela responded. Hazel looked to the medic sharply.

"Excuse me?" She asked.

"No. I'm not risking letting Lunet into there. We don't know what Hal's mana is going to do to her, if anything." Angela stated, her voice authoritative. Hazel's very aura seemed to darken.

"Fine." was all the redhead said before pushing past Angela and using the mana she had to open the door. She pushed Lunet in there and closed it before standing inf ront of the door.

As Angela looked ready to burst from anger.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 08:41:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke had no idea what to do here.

It seemed that both Hazel and Angela were ready to tear into each other, when there was an overwhelming presence from inside the room.

"...what the...?" he muttered, looking over.

Inside, the mana swirling around the room started to slowly swirl around Lunet.

And it was closing in on her. As he did, it became more translucent, before it started to disappear into her.

As it did so, Lunet felt an amazing power enter her... she felt stronger and stronger by the second.

However, Hal's body started to fade slightly, as though he were becoming a spirit, or literally fading away from existence.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 08:47:47 )

Lunet was silent as she watched Hal's body start to fade.

"No!" she half screamed before hurrying over, as she was still closer to the door.

It didn't matter though. By the time she'd reached the bed. He was gone. Completely, utterly, gone. She dropped to her knees, tears threatening to fall as Hazel just sighed.

"Angela, fucking chill." She half snapped, her voice sharper and more stern than usual.

"You want this virus dealt with? You have your ability to fix it." She then said, motioning into the room. Angela was silent before looking into it, and seeing Lunet there... and Hal not.

"The fuck?" The medic asked before racing into the room.

"Lunet! What happened?" She asked, approaching her, but also looking around. She wasn't sure where Hal was, but she was also reasonably sure that he was dead... she'd been told what would happen when or if he died, after all.

'He... he's gone..." was all Lunet said, tears in her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 09:04:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Zeke was silent for a moment.

"I..." he stammered.

"Well... I never thought it would come to this..." he admitted.

"Guess we need to let Ty know." he sighed.

"...man, a lot of people aren't going to like this." he then went on, before turning and starting to walk away.

Lunet, meanwhile, continued to feel her power rising.

But she also felt knowledge entering her mind.

Knowledge about everything her father knew... and everything he knew about the virus.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 09:08:27 )

Angela just helped Lunet to her feet before ushering her out of the room, walking with her to her office.

"Hey, Zeke?" She called to the man who was leaving.

"Can you stay with Lunet? I'll let Ty know." She then said.

"Please?" She added. Lunet, meanwhile, was completely silent. Hazel was too, before leaving the medwing. She realised she wasn't needed there any longer.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 09:25:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke paused.

He was silent, before turning back around.

"Sure." he replied.

He then watched as Hazel just left.

".....maybe I shouldn't have trusted her." he grumbled, before making his way to Lunet.

"Hey..." he said to her.

"I... listen, I..." he stammered, sighing heavily.

"I wish I knew what to say here. But I don't." he admitted, getting close to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 11:58:33 )

"I don't think anyone knows." Angela commented as Lunet looked over to Zeke. She couldn't explain it, but something overcame her. She didn't move too extremely, she had one arm across her torso and holding her other elbow. That hand shifted, and she snapped her fingers before pausing and just looking to her hand.

.... why..... she wondered, not saying anything as she just stared at her hand, or at least looked to be to the others there. She was blind after all.

"Why did you..." Angela started, the question hanging in the air for a moment as Zeke spoke up.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.