Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Technological Evolution

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 00:29:53 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"All right." Hal replied.

He then snapped his fingers.

However, as he did so, mana started to swirl around them... but it then stopped. It started to flow in reverse, before circling around Angela in specific.

"What the!?" Hal exclaimed.

"No, that's not-!" he started to say, before some of the mana started to batter him, rendering him unconscious.

Which was when the mana surrounding Angela started to speed up... more and more... until she couldn't see anything around her, before there was a brilliant flash of white light.

This also caused a bit of a shockwave, sending her crashing into the wall behind her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 00:38:29 )

It took about ten minutes before she stirred again, having been knocked out fo r afew seconds. When she got to her feet and looked around, she paused.

"Wait... what?" She asked, taking in all she could see.

"....... What the hell happened...?" She wondered before sighing and approaching Hal's form on the bed. She knew that him being there was obviously something to worry about, even if she didn't know what was going on. She had to check him over at least, make sure he was properly connected, as it seemed he wasn't

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 01:02:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

What she found was... unnerving.

His vitals were stable, but he was unresponsive.

Completely.

If anything, he was just like how Anya was when he brought her in.

Nothing she was doing was getting any kind of response from him.

But it seems his vitals were working...

...for whatever that was worth.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 01:08:53 )

"What the hell is going on?" Angela asked before sighing lightly and shaking her head. She made her way out of the room and closed the door, before seeing Zeke and motioning for him to follow her.

After they were both in her office, she sighed lightly.

"All right... Zeke? What the fuck is going on, and why the hell is Hal unresponsive, yet alive, in there?" She asked before puasing.

"And why the hell does everyone look so ... frantic?" She added. As he looked her over, he saw that the exhaustion that was there before she went into tha troom... was gone.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 01:25:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Frantic?" Zeke asked.

"You know why!" he said.

"That weird virus is getting worse! I just told you!" he exclaimed.

"I explained to the staff here, and they're trying to find a way to cure it." he went on.

"Remember? When I said that Liv-" he started to say further, before pausing.

"...wait, you look a hell of a lot better than you did about 3 minutes ago or so..." he then commented.

"What happened? What'd you do?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 01:26:50 )

Angela froze.

'.... Ezekiel... back up." She started, her voice stern.

"What were you saying about my daughter?" She asked, sounding very much like one would assume a mama bear might be when inquiring about their child.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 01:49:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I... what?" Zeke said.

"Hold on, what!?" he exclaimed.

"What the hell was that blast of mana earlier, and what did it do to you!?" he asked her.

"Whatever." he said.

He then repeated what the fae had told him, and the explanation of what had happened, everything he'd said before. It was a bit more truncated, but it got all the info out at her.

"So, yes, again, Liv." he said.

"We need to work fast and find a cure for this!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 01:53:47 )

Angela just sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Right. With Hal down and out from whatever is going on here, Lunet needs to know." She said. "Along with Hollie."

"Ohhh that one is going to be fun." She muttered.

"Which do you want to tell? Because it'd be nice to not have to tell both myself."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 02:17:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke was silent again for a moment.

"I might as well, tell Hollie." he said.

"You have a better relationship with Lunet." he told her.

"...by that, I mean you're more than just friendly acquaintances that say 'hi' to each other occasionally." he clarified.

"I'm not sure where Lunet IS, though." he admitted.

"But, yes, I'll take on the job of telling Hollie." he repeated.

"If nothing else, I can better take any brunt of... whatever anger might happen when she hears about Sharp." he then muttered.

And he did. She hadn't taken it the best, but she was more understanding that he could have hoped for. She warned that the Unit would be placed under quarantine if a solution wasn't found in the next 24 hours, and that weighed heavily on him.

Later, he was sitting in the cafeteria, which was pretty desolate and silent, staring at his reflection in a glass of water, before sighing and shaking his head.

"...DAMN IT ALL!" he suddenly screamed out in frustration.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 02:29:40 )

He was sitting in there, obviously frustrated, and with nearly no one else in there before he heard soft fooststeps.

"Hello, Ezekiel." a soft, almost submissive, voice said from behind him. When he turned to see who had said, as he didn't know her voice right immediately, he saw a redhead with a blindfold. The black fabric was tied tightly around the upper half of her face, and the length of it behind her head trailed down to her knees, easily. Her hair was tied back in a leather thong, while the nnaturally vibrant red locks reached her waist, even while tied back.

"I'm going to make a guess, please tell me if I'm right or wrong - The immense mana corruption I can see in this building has something to do with your frustration." She paused a moment.

"Also, may I sit?" She asked as she reached the other side of the table.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 03:06:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Zeke was silent for a moment, before sighing heavily.

"Hey, Hazel." he greeted her.

"Yeah, go ahead and sit." he told her.

When she did, he sighed once again.

"And you're right." he told her.

"This is insanity, and it's just going to get worse and worse."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 03:10:22 )

Hazel took a seat before sighing lightly.

".... Want to fill me in?" She asked. After he gave her a bit of a stunned look, he did so.

""Everyone's losing their minds, literally, Liv has fallen victim, Angela seems to have forgotten those two things, and Hollie's going to quarantine us in 24 hours if nothing improves." He told him. Hazel paused a moment.

". . . wait... losing their minds?" She asked.

"As in as if their mental faculties are just... disappearing?" She then asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 03:31:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke looked at her, and nodded.

"Yeah." he said.

"That's right." he told her.

"They start being forgetful, then it gets worse, then they start forgetting big things... eventually they just... shut down." he lamented.

"Anya's a case of that." he went on.

"Why?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 03:36:40 )

Hazel was completely silent, and calm, as she got to her feet.

"Excuse me, Ezekiel." She started.

"I need to go and give the med team some information about this. It's... the same thing that I've been subjected too several times while I was with Mistress." She told him honestly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 03:53:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Huh?" Zeke muttered.

"Wait, what?" he asked.

"You have!?" he exclaimed.

"Then yes, you need to get there NOW." he told her.

"If I helped, would you get there faster?" he asked.

"Or should I leave you alone?" he asked further.

"ANYTHING to speed this up and find a solution."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 04:00:10 )

Hazel was silent for a moment before smiling softly.

"Perhaps it would be a good idea." She agreed with a nod. Zeke nodded and brought his hand up, and the next thing she knew, she was in the med wing.

"Medic Edwards! We need to speak" She called as she approached the blonde she was looking for. Angela paused before looking back at Hazel and nodded.

"My office then. I will meet you there in a moment." Angela said. Hazel nodded before heading off to wait.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 04:17:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When she entered Angela's office, she found another medic there, one by the name of Lyle.

He had been recently hired, about 6 months or so, and was usually tasked with organisation and such. He was still an intern, after all.

When he saw Hazel there, he smiled a little.

"Oh, hello, Miss Hazel." he greeted her.

"Dr. Edwards isn't in right now." he told her.

"I can try and find her if you like." he offered.

"I'm here just making sure things are in order, and that she doesn't lose anything." he went on.

"...making busywork for myself, essentially, as I fear I am useless with the current pandemic afflicting the Unit." he then lamented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 04:21:15 )

"She's on her way here now." Hazel commented.

"And I have some information regarding what is going through the building." She added. "I can do naught but hope my information will help."

It was shortly thereafter that Angela stepped into her office.

"All right, Hazel. What's brought you around?" She asked the redhead.

"I know what is going on here, and how to stop it. All we need is Mr. Sharp." Hazel answered. Angela paused a moment.

"Excuse me? ... What do we need him for?" Angela asked, her voice curious, wary.

"Oh, it's a simple virus that can be eradicated by a strong enough burst of mana." was Hazel's answer

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 04:38:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The intern blinked a couple of times.

"Really?" he asked.

"Well, that's... great news." he said.

He then paused for a moment.

"I can go get him." he offered.

"Odds are he's in his office." he said.

It was clear he was out of the loop as to what had happened with Sharp just recently.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 04:49:30 )

"No, Lyle." Angela said.

"I will handle that. You keep to what you're doing." She told him.

"Hazel, you're with me." She added before heading out of the office, Hazel following. On the way, she pulled her phone out of her pocket and sent a quick text to Zeke.

Have some information about this. Was all it said. She knew it would be enough for the moment. Once done, she shoved her phone in her pocket agian before her and Hazel entered the room that Hal was in.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.