Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests Lina’s Quest

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/9 11:51:24 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@wildfire: haha ty! you... are up early today ?? :0 isn't it like 5-6 am est rn?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/9 11:52:30 )
@xvz: Yes, it's almost 6am now, but I've been up for about an hour already. Too early!!
But it seems you're up late, aren't you?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/9 11:54:07 )

@wildfire: wow i knew u were an early riser but that is Very early :0 has the sun risen yet?
i'm actually in a different time zone for the next two months!! it's almost 1pm here :3

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/9 11:55:24 )

i actually have been keeping a p good routine the past few days though! i usually sleep and wake up p late but i've been getting up around 830 the past two (lol ... only 2) days!
i did some art this morning and i might read a bit before i have lunch :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/9 11:56:42 )
@xvz: I'm not usually up this early!! No sign of the sun yet - it's still pitch black out there.
Oh a different time zone - that could be fun and interesting! It sounds like you have a good routine going - good for you!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/9 11:59:47 )

@wildfire: oh wow! any reason you're up so early today? woke up and couldn't go back to sleep?

haha ty! we'll see how long i can keep it up for, but hopefully a while :-)
my routine before was getting kind of trash lol so i'm grateful for the chance to reset!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/9 12:00:49 )

i will say though my work schedule is kind of strange, i think i'll be working in the early afternoon to evening during this time which is odd for me (since i'm usually office day job hours) but i think fine too since it's december and no one does that much work this month i think ? (bc of holidays)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/9 12:03:37 )
@xvz: I'm partly up because of the dog jamming bony doggie bits in my side, partly because there was a weird smell when I woke up (it apparently got cold enough here last night that our heater kicked on), and because I didn't think I would actually fall back asleep and didn't want to toss and turn

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/9 12:04:25 )
That does sound like a weird schedule but it is a weird month even in the most normal of years ... which this is not.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 06:58:26 )

@wildfire: ohh does ur heater smell weird ?? haha
give ur dogs a good pet for me :-D

i actually found out yesterday that i have a good amount of vacation time left :0 i'm thinking of taking off work for a month in january!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 12:03:49 )
@xvz: lol - not especially, no. This was just the first time it kicked on though, so it was just that initial clearing out of the system, I think. It was subtle.

A whole month's worth of vacation?! That's pretty impressive! What would you do with yourself and your time if you took it off?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 13:51:17 )

@wildfire: yeah i was really surprised!!?? i thought i only got like 2 weeks usually ... i guess i had some extra from last year too and i didn't use very much of it this year either
hmm i'm not sure yet tbh ........ i think for some of it i'd wanna go hiking, and probably do some painting ... reading ...
idk i already am doing art and reading during the day these days so i guess it would be similar minus working weird hours lol ... i'll have to think abt it some more!

what would you do if you had a month of no responsibilities? :0

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 14:05:34 )
@xvz: a month of no responsibilities? That is an extremely surreal thought for me first off, but if I had that much time available, the money to do it, and no covid/whatever restrictions to deal with, I'd go to Europe and travel around. If I had to work within a budget and travel restrictions, but still had the time available and no responsibilities whatsoever (& no internet-lol!!!), I'm not sure what I'd do - completely declutter the house? Start a garden? Definitely do some art, and some crafting! Probably read. Hang out in a hammock? Go to the beach? Go camping?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 14:26:25 )

@wildfire: haha ... your sons are both adults now though right? i guess you have pets too though ... are either of your kids thinking of moving out anytime soon?

sob if only no covid! i'd love to travel around like that as well ... starting a garden would be lovely though what would you grow? :"-) any particular arts or crafts you'd wanna do first?
i hope i can do some landscape or still life oil painting! :3 usually my apt feels too cramped for it (since fumes)
i probably would go to the beach at some point during this time :0 i don't have any camping gear tho ... i wish! what kind of books do you usually read?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 15:26:45 )
@xvz: All the questions - LOL!!
I don't know what I'd try to grow in the garden - I haven't had much luck with it so far.
Concerning craft projects and artwork, there are too many to list. I do have a painting or three to finish, though
I read just about anything but I'm currently reading a series about magic and witches in New Orleans o_0

You? - books, art projects, etc.?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 19:27:35 )

@wildfire: haha well you're always asking questions i wanted to ask u some too ^0^
oohh what are your paintings of ?? (actually i feel like i've asked you this before so if you avoid the question on purpose no pressure ^^)
what's the new orleans magic witches book

i'm currently reading a hundred years of solitude by gabriel garcia marquez and octavias brood which is a speculative fiction short story anthology! ^^
i am going thru them faster than i expected tho so am trying to think of what to read next after :3

i do have oil paint, watercolors, and my tablet w me, so probably some combo of realism / still lives and character art? :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 20:36:43 )
The book that I'm currently reading is The King of Bones and Ashes, J.D. Horn. I just finished the first book in the series and I'm still not quite sure what to make of it. It seems like it's a little disjointed in the storytelling but I can't quite put my finger on the "how" or "why". I tried reading a hundred years of solitude. It's an interesting book in a lot of ways but I was getting really tired of some of the (let's go with) "inappropriate" relationships, which were making the book more and more tedious to read, so I stopped about halfway through it.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:13:39 )

ohh yeah lmao i think i'm getting to the parts you're talking abt .... yeah there is a non zero amt of incest in it lol >_>
i'm only abt 1/4 or 1/3 so far ?? i think i'm enjoying it so far tho!

how many books are in the series? do u think you'll keep reading??
i got halfway thru nk jeminsin's fifth season trilogy but am only halfway thru the second book! i kind of just wasn't in the mood for fantasy around that point and felt like reading another genre, and then i forgot to go back to it after that feeling passed lol
i definitely have favorite genres but i think it can be nice to change it up, diff books have diff vibes and i think satisfy different parts of my brain lol ... like some books are for pleasure some books are like , i am learning (e.g. nonfiction) and those are not the same mood lol

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 02:55:10 )
I wish I had the motivation and/or time to read more often. If I had both, I'd probably read the "classic" novels that I was never required to read in school for some reason. I don't have any particular order though.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 00:07:29 )
Sorry I haven’t been on Voltra in so long. Work has been SO CRAZY!!
Seems to finally be settling down again.. hopefully

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.