Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests Lina’s Quest

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 23:37:17 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

ooo having more responsibilities/deadlines makes sense, also i didn't realize both of u have been staff somewhere before!

lina i didn't realize you had been here for so long! that's v cool, how did u find out abt voltra so early / before it opened? :-0
i won't push for why u left in case it's a sensitive topic but i am glad you're still around :-)

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 23:39:14 )

i did notice the staff applications thread at one point and lightly thought about it :0
but i feel too new to the site to wanna take on any responsibilities lol
it's fun to flit around the site / drop in n out of threads and chatting, and i feel like being on staff would make it a v different experience / dynamic, like there's slightly more pressure to how i can interact w other ppl

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/1 00:12:45 )
I think I found it through the Facebook page maybe? They were dropping hints and getting hype somewhere... and from there I joined the discord and applied to work there.

I was an artist in another little site but it wasn’t taking off so it was closing and I wanted to maybe work somewhere else. Before that I worked for Caedon; and Syndrone before that

-Any odds are good odds for the damned-

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/1 01:31:05 )

oohh i see :0 are any of them still active / are you on any of them still?

also omg the popping candy + eclipse combo is so much fun i'm loving it!!! :-)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/1 02:40:45 )
Yeah you definitely have to carry yourself differently if you're part of staff. Not saying it's a bad thing, but in the end, you do represent the site in some form, so gotta behave and all that lol.

That was one of the most frustrating things for me as a mod back then...sometimes I'd issue a warning to someone, they'd throw a fit about it and get nasty sometimes, and I could only be polite to them even though I'd have loved to have told them off.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/1 05:45:47 )
When I was a mod on Syndrone I actually left because I hated enforcing rules. I felt like I was being mean and people would hate me. >.<

I left Caedon shortly after the site was sold to someone else. We didn’t get along, I just didn’t click with them as my boss. I’m sure they’re a good person, just not compatible with me I guess. But the way it ended... it really soured how I felt about the whole website. So I haven’t been back.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 01:55:14 )
I understand that feeling of being a mod and being intimidating to others, even though you don't mean to. </3

That's too bad about Caedon, but glad you found another home. Unfortunately that site is pretty much dead now. It has so much potential, but I'm not seeing it coming back to being active anymore.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 06:18:02 )
Is it dead? That’s terrible news.
I know I left but I still thought it was overall good. It’s such a shame when sites die.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 01:33:08 )
I mean, it's still online and useable to whoever wants to login, but they've really slowed down in activity, and items aren't being made as frequently for various reasons. The current owner is trying to start over and bring everything to a new site (but same name) since I guess the code they have isn't useable, so idk what will come of it.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 03:10:50 )
Oh? Interesting.
Maybe it will make a recovery

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 04:18:48 )

lol i think i would be bad at enforcing rules ,,
stuff like 'don't be mean or problematic' i could enforce but rules that are like, don't triple post i might be bad at enforcing
sorry to hear about the way things ended though lina :-(

the idea of revival is interesting :0
site activity isn't really something you can force, like it's curious to me how avi sites can get new users since it can be kind if a niche internet space

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 16:46:01 )
Right!? I’d be like “pst, you can’t post 3 times in a row” and people would be like “omg I’m so sorry” and I’d be like please don’t be sorry. I’m sorry I said anything. >.<

I found Voltra through Facebook because I was searching for a new avatar site. So I guess social media is probably important

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 02:27:40 )
I'd say social media is definitely important since it seems a lot of people use at least one of the major platforms.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 05:40:56 )

hahaha i feel like i would apologize for enforcing rules too ...

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 05:54:51 )
Enforcing rules is hard!!

I’m not really on social media, but it’s what I use to search for avatar sites. >.>

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 06:08:34 )

yeahh tbh i'm not even really that good at following them to begin with? lol

hmm i wish i could remember what exactly i searched for to find voltra!
i think i just googled like ... avatar forum sites and found it from a reddit thread maybe?

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 15:04:43 )
I follow like, Gaia and Ernya on Facebook and then it suggests other avatar sites. Or maybe I search “avatar forum”... but that’s how I found Voltra. I went out looking for one.

I’m not sure how people find them unless they’re looking

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 04:00:21 )
I remember Voltra being mentioned to me a while back, but for some reason didn't feel like joining at that time. I think maybe at the time I didn't care for the bases because I liked the taller style of avis elsewhere lol.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 18:07:31 )
For a while I was really into the smaller avatars like gaia and ernya.
But I've really learned to appreciate all the detail you can get when they're a little bigger.
I really love they style of the art here now too.

I'm adding a common quest...

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 18:12:43 )
I don't care for "chibi" avis, but I make an exception for Gaia since that was my first avi site, and now they have plenty of items to make them less chibi lol.

Good luck with that commons quest!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.