Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests Lina’s Quest

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 21:52:16 )
I didn’t eat sour candy for like 15 years and then tried it again and remembered I like it. But I still had a tolerance.

Chocolate is always best

-Any odds are good odds for the damned-

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:24:36 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

chocolate is always good >:3

i think my tolerance for sugar has gone down (like things i enjoyed as a kid are a bit too sweet for me now) anddd maybe my sour tolerance is down a little too ... ? like sour candy might make me pucker more than it used to ? :0
but maybe just bc i haven't had it in so long ?

i think my spice tolerance has def gone up :3
and i think maybe vinegar-y foods has gone up too ?
briney foods i haven't quite developed a taste for yet though :v like pickles, olives, licorice ... but maybe it'll come in a future phase of life ?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:32:59 )
My spice tolerance has never existed. XD

I do like dark chocolate and I didn’t used to when I was younger. But I still like sweet things.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 23:01:05 )
Funny how our tastes change as we age.

I like all types of chocolate. Right now I'm working on making this cake...pie thingy that my fiance invented while we were going through the store trying to figure out what I should bake today. xD Gonna have a store-bought walnut pie crust, filled with a white chocolate pudding, then a layer of double chocolate cake, which is gonna be a poke cake with some sweetened condensed milk on top, aaaand finally some cool whip on top of that. xD Hope it's not cloyingly sweet, but hey, it's an adventure!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 23:03:52 )

mm dark chocolate ^^
i've always like dark chocolate but it's kind of recent that i've gotten into ... white chocolate :0
so creamy lol

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 23:06:48 )

aisu i think i just asked abt ur cake/pie thing in one of the other threads lol !! hadn't seen ur post yet
i'll be honest i've never heard of that omg!
do you bake the cake part and then assemble afterwards?

ngl i was thinking of picking up cake mix when i was at the grocery store the other day :3
i always do cookies or brownies so i was thinking maybe i should mix it up ?
i do have some zucchini tho i was thinking of doing zucchini brownies or zucchini bread ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 23:11:48 )
I love eating different kinds of chocolate in one sitting, so the intensity increases/decreases as I go. xD

And yes! The cake is cooling right now, and the pudding is chilling in the fridge. :)

I tend to feel like baking something on my days off lately. Last time I did those break-and-bake cookies lol. I've never tried zucchini bread though, but I'd like to try sometime!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 23:19:08 )
xvz:

also lina i really like ur cape item!! :3
u look like a lil dark elf prince

Thank you!
I really love these eyes, they add so much... menace?

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 23:20:33 )
White chocolate has always been too sweet for me, even when I was a kid.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 23:47:23 )
Yeah it's more like a by-product of chocolate anyway lol.
I like it in my coffee though, as in white chocolate mochas. Regular mochas...would be better if coffee shops stopped using powdered chocolate. I feel like it really messes up the texture of the coffee and gives me an awful mouthfeel.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 00:07:09 )
I hate when coffee shops use Hershey syrup as the chocolate. It has a weird metallic taste that’s nothing like real chocolate

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 00:08:27 )
I can't say I've had it that way, but that does sound pretty gross.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 00:12:12 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Popping in with another food fact!

People that say Hershey's chocolate tastes bad may actually be onto something. Some experts believe people say this because some companies such as Hershey's put their milk through a process called controlled lipolysis. This breaks down the fatty acids in the milk and produces butyric acid. Which is the chemical that gives vomit its very... distinctive odor and taste. So yeah, that's a thing.

Also, chocolate and spice go together wonderfully. There's a chocolate bar out there with tabasco sauce in it, and it's actually quite pleasant.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 00:17:11 )
I like reading stuff like this, so I don't mind them at all!

That makes a lot of sense about the Hershey's thing. I was wondering why it has that...pungent taste. I can tolerate it to an extent, but I always wondered if it was just me that was kinda put off by it.

I've tried a dark chocolate bar with a bit of chili powder in it, and it was pretty good! Eventually I'd like to try some Mexican hot chocolate.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 01:43:19 )

oh i didn't know that :0
when i was a kid i was like all chocolate is good chocolate but now i can sort of taste like chocolate quality lol
(i'm sure there's some marketing component to chocolate quality perception tho)

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 01:46:08 )

i like spicy chocolate ! :3
i think the first time i tried it was at a gelato place? i probably couldn't eat a whole tub of it in one sitting kind of thing lol i think it did affect my mouth a little

i really like chocolate stuff w/ salt :0 like sea salt brownies
hazelnut chocolate used to be my All Time Fav but now it's a bit too sweet! i still love it tho
trader joe's has these big blocks of hazelnut dark chocolate :0 i used to get them all the time when i was in shopping distance from them (and their dried mango!)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 01:50:38 )
Hazelnut and chocolate is my all-time favorite combo when it comes to chocolate combos lol. Also I looove dried mango. <3 I like lots of dried fruits actually.

I'm a bit of a chocolate snob when it comes to chocolate lol. Won't eat certain brands because their quality isn't there. Not in my opinion, anyway.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 02:05:26 )

yess !! i think ferrero rocher and nutella have inspired a lot of hazelnut chocolate lovers hehe
what are the brands u like / don't like ? :0

for nicer chocolate i really like green & black's! they have a hazelnut and current one that's my favorite!
for cheaper stuff i get milka! idk how popular these are in other regions tho

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 02:06:19 )

dried mango is the best! i love all kinds of dried fruit too i always liked it growing up and i remember someone laughed at me for liking prunes as a kid Lol

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 02:08:41 )
I've heard of milka, but can't remember if I've had that brand? Never heard of green & black, but if I find it I'll have to try it!

It'd probably be easier to answer which brands I DON'T like (so far from what I've tried anyway). Those are Cadbury, Russell Stover, and See's Candies. My absolute favorites are Godiva, Lindt, and Ghirardelli (not sure if I spelled that right lol).

I...don't remember if I've ever had a prune, but I do like plums! So I don't imagine prunes aren't bad. Come to think of it, I don't think I've had a dried fruit that I've disliked yet. :o
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.