Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2019 Vanora's Memory

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 03:37:35 )

Boxes and bags lay strewn across the floor, filled with various ornaments and decorations. Vanora sat on the rug by her freshly placed Solstice tree and took a deep breath, the scent of evergreen and cinnamon filling her with happiness and warmth. She could hear Vivi humming from the kitchen. The smell of cinnamon was likely one of the numerous batches of cookies Vivi decided just needed to be made right now. Vanora rolled her eyes and smiled, her heart filling with even more love.

- - -

"Daaaaad, it's time to put the ornaments on the tree! Hurry up!!" Little Vanora jumped up and down in excitement as she waited for her dad to help her. She couldn't put most of the ornaments on the tree, so he had to either put them up himself or lift her up to put them up.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Volkan chuckled, his deep voice booming throughout the house. Vanora grabbed an ornament and ran up to him, holding it up earnestly. "I want this one up first!" she exclaimed. Volkan took the ornament from her hands and nodded. "Then this one shall go up first!"

Vanora giggled and ran back, looking up at the bare tree that would soon be filled with amazing ornaments they'd created and collected over the years. The first ornament that would be going up is one she had made a year prior, and she was extremely proud of it! It was a round, clear ornament with a soft powdery snow-like substance at the bottom, and a tiny realistic Solstice tree glued to the bottom. You could shake it and make it look like snow was covering the tree, and Vanora loved how it glistened in the light of the fireplace.

This was perhaps her favorite part of Solstice, apart from the presents of course. She just loved decorating and making the tree look different every year. Some years they used colorful lights, other years they used white lights. One year they even used purple lights! This year they decided to use plain, white lights.

Vanora was staring up at the tree lost in thought when she jumped, startled by the sound of her papa's voice. "Vanora, come here a moment! I have a gift for you." Vanora tilted her head, confused. "But Dad, it's not Solstice night yet!" Volkan chuckled. "I know, but this one needs to be given early so we can add it to the collection."

Vanora squealed, knowing what it had to be. "Another ornament?! Dad! Thank you!" Volkan knew how much she adored new ornaments and due to the already large amount they possessed, he tried not to acquire any more. But when he saw the little teddy bear ornament in the window of a random shop he passed, he just knew Vanora would be estatic.

He took out a small box and opened it, presenting it to her so she could reveal the ornament. Vanora could hardly contain herself as she reached in and pulled the new piece of her collection. She felt something slightly fuzzy and soft, trying to guess what it was before she even pulled it out. She decided she just wanted to see it and pulled it out quickly, revealing an adorable little teddy bear, donned with a dark red bow around his neck.

The squeal that ensued probably gave Volkan permanent hearing loss but it was worth it to see his little girl so happy. It took him a moment to realize the squealing had stopped and it was just his ears ringing.

"I take it that means you like it? Volkan asked. Vanora looked up at him with big round eyes. "Like it? Um... Dad... I LOVE IT! She jumped up and threw her hands around her dad's midsection, that being all she could reach of him. He bent down and wrapped his arms around her, giving her a great, big hug. "I'm glad you like it, sweetie. I knew it was meant to be yours when I first laid eyes on it. Now, would you like to do the honors?" Volkan picked her up and lifted her towards the tree. She directed him to the place where she wanted her special new ornament to go, which would be right in the middle where she and anyone else who came to visit could see it clearly.

They both took the ornament and placed it on the tree together, Vanora nodding determinedly and proud. "Perfect!"

For the rest of the night, they continued to decorate and enjoy the spirit of Solstice in the air that was almost tangible. It didn't take long for Vanora to wind down and get sleepy. Volkan noticed she started getting sleepy as she was putting garland on the fireplace. She ended up not putting all of it and managed to somehow get it wrapped around herself. Volkan chuckled and walked over to unravel his daughter. "I think it's time you went to bed, missy."

Vanora barely mumbled in protest as he picked her up, sans garland, and took her to her room to tuck her in. As he was leaving her room, he could hear her mumble a sleepy 'thank you' and then her soft little snores filled the room. He smiled, turning out the lights and cracking her door shut.

- - -

Vanora startled, coming back to the present. She could still hear Vivi in the kitchen making all kinds of clanking and clinking. She smiled, loving the sound of Solstice preparations. It was undoubtedly her favorite time of the year.

She looked towards the tree that they had pretty much finished decorating at this point. It held all her favorite ornaments that she'd received or crafted over the years, and still her favorite to this day was the small, and slightly worn, teddy bear that her dad had gotten for her one year.

art by Qteapon

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 03:37:43 )
Summary
Vanora needs help organizing some of the christmas lights!
They got a little tangled in storage and now she can't figure out how to untangle them.

Today's Game... CONNECT THE LIGHTS!
Each light bulb on the left side corresponds to a light bulb on the right side.
Follow the wire connecting them to 'turn on' the light!
However you'd like to show that you've connected them will be accepted, whether that's writing the correct answers (in spoilers!) or drawing them.

You'll have 24 hours to try the game, before the thread is locked and the next thread starts.

Prize
Everyone who attempts to solve at least one of the puzzles will receive the EI Vanora's Memory
Additional copies can be bought in Joyful Jamboree.

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 03:37:51 )
Connect the Lights

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 03:38:18 )

yay

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 03:44:26 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

A - 4
B - 1
C - 6
D - 5
E - 2
F - 3

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 03:48:33 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Man, it sucks that this memory was more Volkan than Vanora. I was expecting it to be about her mom (btw, more suspicious about her origins now since there doesn’t seem to be a mom when she’s a kid either) or smoochie time with Viv. /:
Also, I never want to see Vanora refer to him as “papa” ever again. 🤢🤮

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 03:50:50 )
Volkan looks handsome here. o:

A - 4
B - 1
C - 6
D - 5
E - 2
F - 3

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:11:43 )
I hope I did it right.

A4
B1
C6
D5
E2
F3

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:14:30 )

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:18:28 )

volkan once again trying to endear himself to us, using a different tactic now i see

A: 4
B: 1
C: 6
D: 5
E: 2
F: 3

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:25:00 )

A4
B1
C6
D5
E2
F3

Donator — pancake Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:26:10 )
A4
B1
C6
D5
E2
F3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 05:15:48 )

A-4
B-1
C - 6
D - 5
E - 2
F - 3

my answers

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 05:41:46 )

A - 4
B - 1
C - 6
D - 5
E - 2
F - 3

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 05:47:48 )
A - 4
B - 1
C - 6
D - 5
E - 2
F - 3
Buying/drawing art for: Showstopper, Bouncer, Yes Dark Master

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 06:12:34 )
@Tsundererra: you have issues with him being called papa by his daughter now!? What’s wrong with you? D:leave papa Volkan alone

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 06:17:09 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Laufeia: WHY ARE YOU CALLING HIM PAPA TOO?! You’re not even his daughter. 😤

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 06:18:23 )
@Tsundererra: we are all his children
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 06:24:08 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Laufeia: He has no children. He has Vanora and you call him papa because he’s got a daughter fetish. Nasty old man.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 06:43:49 )
A - 4
B - 1
C - 6
D - 5
E - 2
F - 3

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.