Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Safe Space Hangout

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:09:46 )

@lina: Yes! Whatever happens, it should be a good time.

@MoodyBats: Ah yes the joys of Instagram changing their algorithm. It never hurts to ask people to share/bookmark stuff specifically in the description.

@purpsy: Hello! o/

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:11:58 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Vixen: Normally, i get no responses from my followers in general
so i don't bother to ask lol.
curse of the small instagram.

People don't really take others seriously unless they have a couple 1k or more followers.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:16:59 )

@Vixen: Hello ^^
I love your avatar btw the colours are amazing! How's your day going so far?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:17:21 )

@MoodyBats: I honestly don't know if my followers see my stuff at all, especially after the feed update. I suspect the bulk of my viewership comes from tags. If anything, consistent engagement comes from mutuals that I also consistently engage with (and therefore ensuring my stuff shows up on their feed). Are you sharing your post to your own story? That never hurts. And also engaging with other people who do similar things as you.

"Seriousness" from follower counts is just dumb, unless you're trying to be an "influencer", in which case you need number clout, but even then... my general opinion on the matter is that if you aren't having fun doing the things you do in your free time, then it's not necessarily a good way to spend your time. (But then again, I'm a hobbyist artist. It's not my job. I suspect it's different for freelancers.)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:18:17 )

@Purpsy: Oh thank you! Glad you like it :D
I'm not doing too bad. Yourself?

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:19:47 )
@Purpsy: thanks for coming in!!

@MoodyBats: I’d love to follow you if you don’t mind.

@Vixen: I pretty much love everything Voltra does. I even like the orbs and I had serious doubts when they first announced random-item-generators

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:20:54 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Vixen: i have not many mutals cause my only mutal is like 1 friend and another is my sister
but my sister is usually private lol.

so i just comment here and there to artists i follow and that's it lol.
Freelance art i am making it into my job.
I can't work especially during pandemic and my dad is unemployed currently.
so I'm kinda just doing what i can with my art page.

@Lina: You don't have to honestly lol.
im not saying it to get followers XD
i always feel that way when people suddenly want to just cause instagram be a pain.
but you do not have to follow me lol.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:22:26 )

@Lina: Everyone generally seems to like how things are run, so I have faith that I'll enjoy it too! Even the common random items are super cute!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:26:13 )

@MoodyBats: Gotcha. Well, if you also use other social media, get your stuff out there too and join in on those community hashtags/events etc. Usually other artists on twitter will retweet tweets for portfolios and commission opening announcements.

Ah, I have only a couple mutuals, but they are people who have done collaborations with me before, so I guess the dynamic is different. The thing about shares/bookmarks isn't just that the person sharing it gives you more exposure, but it tells IG that people WILL engage and therefore the algo will be more likely to show your post in explore or feeds or whatever.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:27:08 )

@Vixen: Np and I'm doing alright as well. Just relaxing while chatting here and also listening to some music.

@Lina: No problem :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:28:28 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Vixen: im on twitter but still figuring out the algorithim lol.
im sure no one sees my work so i still gotta see what i can do for twitter.

Yeah. so rarely outside followers like my work.
oh well xD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:28:43 )

@Purpsy: What are you listening to? :o

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:31:17 )

@MoodyBats: tbh I don't quite understand Twitter's algorithm. The first thing I did was turn off "best tweets first" because the entire point I used Twitter was for live updates. I will mention that it seems Twitter enjoys OCs more than IG (my experience anyway). Twitter has a lot of WoW players who like talking/drawing their in-game characters and such, whereas IG tends to like aesthetic art (e.g. kawaii art, food art, nearly curated galleries etc) and fan art.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:34:18 )

@Vixen: Chillhop
They are like lofi kinda but pretty relaxing to listen to

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:35:34 )

@Purpsy: oooh I've listened to some of that style and I like it for doing craftwork. I don't think I actually know the difference between lofi and chillhop though.

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:40:37 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Vixen: dnd does not interest me.
and i def dont draw my ocs lol. anatomy needs work lol.

and most say if you post links or hashtags it hides your work lol.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:43:49 )

@MoodyBats: Your stuff only gets hidden if you are spamming a hashtag or external links. Sometimes if the image detection is unsure on the subject matter as well (e.g. sensitive stuff), it might hide it until it gets reviewed. I haven't had issues with shadowbans before, but I also don't copy/paste tags into all my posts.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:44:25 )

@Vixen: Yeah I listened to it a lot when I draw or paint as well. I don't listened enough lofi in the past to know the difference as well but my guess is lofi has more words on their songs while chillhop not so much? Meh don't know =w=

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:45:29 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Vixen: Either way my art is not gonna get seen lmao.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:46:26 )

@Purpsy: Oh that might be a thing. I wasn't sure if it was chillhop or lofi, but some of the playlists had rain and someone talking / saying inspirational things. It was interesting for sure.

please @ me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.