Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback Winter '19 Plasma Orb Feedback Thread

Npc — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/18 19:15:43 )

Winter '19 Plasma Orbs (RIGs)

Hey Volties!

Your feedback is always really helpful and much appreciated, so we want to continue this trend with our Summer '19 Plasma Orb sets! Your feedback will help us rethink how we design and create these items.

This season's Plasma Orbs are:

Common Orb Winter ‘19 / 3000 volts

*Note: some background poses are not shown in preview*
Astrologer | rare ghost
Leo | common Bean
Gemini | common Bean
Libra | common Glume
Taurus | common Glume
Aquarius | common Q t e a p o n
Pisces | common Q t e a p o n
Unique Honey Hair | very common Lilypoo
Unique Witch Hat | very common Lilypoo
Unique Oversized Mug | very common Lilypoo
Unique Bulky Knitted Scarf | very common Lilypoo
Unique Baroque Skirt | very common Lilypoo
*Item credits for very common items are for unique recolors and patterns applied to original item*
*A small selection of all special recolors and/or designs are shown in previews.*

Aries Plasma Orb / 150 ohms

Aries | rarest ghost
Capricorn | rare ghost
Sagittarius | uncommon Q t e a p o n
Leo | common Bean
Libra | common Glume
Gemini | common Bean

Scorpio Plasma Orb / 150 ohms

Scorpio | rarest Alethna
Cancer | rare Frossy
Virgo | uncommon ghost
Taurus | common Glume
Aquarius | common Q t e a p o n
Pisces | common Q t e a p o n

Now we know that sometimes perhaps a set is not your cup of tea or doesn't fit your particular style, so try to look for things that we could use constructively. Like for example: If this pose was made this way and you could equip it like this then I would find use for that set more in my outfits. Or another example would be: This particular mod or pose is being repeated, I'd like to see x and y being offered as well.

★✩✩✩✩

In order to create a standard rating we will be doing a five star rating review. So for each set your reviewing do a 1/5 ; 2/5 ; 3/5 ; 4/5 ; 5/5 to let us know how much you like the overall set.

We are looking for feedback regarding the way the sets layer, originality, variety in poses, etc. But don't restrict yourself to these categories, those are just some suggestions for the direction you can take your feedback in.

We do ask that you try to keep your feedback constructive and don't just say "It looks bad, I don't like it." As it's not very useful to us.

Here is a template we put together for you to use.

[align=center][spoiler=[b]Common Orb Winter '19 (Overall)[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]]
[b]Astrologer[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Leo[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Gemini[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Libra[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Taurus[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Aquarius[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Pisces[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]x5 uniquely recolored/patterned commons[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=[b]Aries Plasma Orb(Overall)[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]]
[b]Aries[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Capricorn[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Sagittarius[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=[b]Scorpio Plasma Orb(Overall)[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]]
[b]Scorpio[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Cancer[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Virgo[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=[b]Winter 19 Plasma Orb Collector's Bundle[/b]]
[b]Punky Plasma[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[/spoiler][/align]

Thank you for taking your time to write this feedback, you are being very helpful!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 22:04:24 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Astrologer
★★★★★
My favorite of the bunch because of the detail put into every pose. Like daaaayum, that background is crazy beautiful, and I love the little moon dangling off the monocle chain (it’s a shame the layering has that blocked by the shoulder, it’s really cute). The item gives me Clow Reed feels, and I’m a sucker for anything Cardcaptor related. xD
The only suggestion I have is to maybe have a hand pose for the astrologer floating orb thingy. I thought it was a staff until I saw it had no rod attached. It would look more magical if there was a hand pose outstretched under it as the orby thing floating above it. But I won’t detract a star for that because this item already has so much that I feel greedy asking for another pose. >3>

Leo
★★★★★
The lion pluuuush is so well made and cute! I’m not a furry lover, but the lion’s mane and tail look nicely made too. Perfect item to represent Leo.

Gemini
★★★★✩
I really love hair mods, and I was excited for the pigtails in this one, but oooof, I’m finding it hard to use. I did manage to kinda get it to match with the gone batty hair, but there’s a layering issue there that won’t let you save with two different colored pigtails. I also wish the hair was thicker and styled because it kinda looks flat.
The top and shoes are nicely made, and the only issue I have with them is that the recolors for them are... meh.

Libra
★★★★✩
I like the hair and the scale holding arms, but I think this item missed a big opportunity when they didn’t make a version omitting the scale in the hair and the scales with the arms. It would’ve been a nice pose option since those items, while they do go with the theme of Libra, make it hard to use outside of that. The hair is so lovely, but I prolly won’t get to use it because of that little scale hanging from it. I like the recolors of the scale, but I’m iffy on the recolors of the hair.

Taurus
★★★★★
I think this is a nice representation for Taurus. The little designs on the jacket and pants are nice, and I like the way the legs look. The only thing I would nitpick are the horns. I wish the one on the left curved a bit like the one on the right so that they’d be symmetrical, but tbh, there are prolly bulls irl with asymmetrical horns so I can let that pass.

Aquarius
★★★★★
I loooove this item! The headpiece is giving me ancient asian culture vibes, the background is whimsical, and I love how the water pouring out has stars to match the background. The color options for this one are nooooice~
I only have minor stuff to criticize, like how muscular that arm supporting the jug is (daaayum, that must be one heavy jug!) and how the cloud splooge drippings in the background piece could have some shading to give it some dimension to match.

Pisces
★★★✩✩
I’m a Pisces (bordering Aquarius), so I was bummed that the background was the only thing I liked from my sign. ): The halo is a beautiful idea, and I can see the artist’s intention for it to look like the zodiac stars, but I think it would’ve looked better and been easier to use if it was shaped like a normal halo. The clothing reminds me of an old lady’s nightgown. The shawl is really pretty, but I wish it would come separate from the dress/nightgown like the shawl thingy in loyal elegance.
The positive things is that the background really is beautifully detailed, and I like it as much as the astrologer background, and that the color choices for this were all up my alley.

x5 uniquely recolored/patterned commons
★★★★★
I honestly wish every uniquely recolored pattern had a starry sky option, kinda like how we have the rainbow options. They’re really pretty. ^^

Aries
★★★★★
Yaaaassss, we get both hair and face in this one! I love the foofy hair because we need more curly hair on here, and the eyes are so cute. I love how symmetrical the horns are, and the ears are super cute. The nose and mouth are nicely made and put the hopper’s creepy attempt at an animal face to shame.
I only have a few super minor complaints with this one. Soooo the white hair doesn’t match the cloud or marshmallow colored hair of any other hair mods. This means I can’t add bangs or pigtails or buns because the white color is just different.
And even though the eyes are cute, I wish they were closer together. They work well if you’re planning on using them with the nose and mouth that come with this item, but it’s harder to use with the face mods from the store.

Capricorn
★★★★✩
I love my starry patterned stuff, and this one had so much hope because it really is nicely made. Like, I love the hair, but I can’t use it since I can’t find hair to use to hide that bald other half. T~T The starry blush is such a nice concept, but I wish it was a tad bit more translucent since it overpowers the face. The positioning of the ears was off, but I’m not a furry person, so I could be wrong. The legs and tail look nicely positioned and so well made, and I have no complaints about them. I also like the other color options in this item. I just wish I was able to use them.

Sagittarius
★★★★★
I don’t like this sign since my brother is a Sagittarius and he’s a jerk, and I don’t like horse people or horses, but this item is really nicely made. I can’t even find one thing to critique about it even though every part of my soul hates everything this item stands for. It looks like a lot of people really like this item too. Good job~

Scorpio
★★★✩✩
This item reminds me of a possible video game character when I first saw it and I really had high hopes for it until I equipped it.
So, my biggest problem with this item is the way the legs look. It kinda brought me back to the way I used to draw legs in kindergarten. They look so awkward and unnatural. Another complaint I have is that the black part of the dress on the top-right doesn’t seem to connect with the red part like the other side does. Not sure if it’s intentional, but it’s just a strange design decision if it is.
There are things in this item that are really well made. Like the hair is beautiful, and so are the hands holding the katana. The katanas look decent too. But ooooof, dem legs.

Cancer
★★★★✩
This item is just so ethereal and elegant, but I feel like there was a missed opportunity to elevate the item by giving us the option to have the crabless version of the poses (similar to the complaint I had about the scales with the libra item). The little crabs are super cute and of course they represent cancer like they should be, but imagine each pose that has a crab without one. The hand on the right would look cool with it glowing with power minus the crab, the lower half with the hip shawl and legs would be easier to use with other looks if it didn’t have the little crab legs. I do appreciate that there’s no crab in the hair mod, because those glowing orbs are so pretty.
Another smaller issue I had with this item is the way the feet look. Everything below the knee could use a little more definition. Overall, such a pretty item, but hard to use for a lot of looks because of the crabs.

Virgo
★★★★★
Omg, legit this is my favorite item out of this orb. I wish this was the rarest one so I am guaranteed to get one each time I buy the bundle. ;A;
I loooove the eyes, the hair, the hands and the flower crown. The color options in this one are just 💯👌👏
The dress in this item is ok. It goes well with the poses in Virgo, but it kinda looks meh alone or with other stuff. Also, if you try to apply bang mods on there, the top right of the hair that is usually covered by the crown looks wonky. It’s not noticeable in the black hair, but super noticeable in the white hair.
And while I love all the color options, I wish each hair color came with each different flower color option. It’s soooo pretty and I’m so greedy. T^T

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 01:48:43 )

Is it possible to alter the layering for the Libra hair? I was testing it out and found that the hair strand would be covered by tops rather than being placed over them. I would really like to use the hair but can't atm because I find that it looks awkward if I try to layer it with a top. I've attached examples below of what I mean.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 09:01:44 )

@q t e a p o n: Yay! Thank you so much for that :D

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.