Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Today's To-do List

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 07:37:13 )

@Tsundererra: Thanks. Today is the first day in like 3 or 4 days where my tummy didn't hurt.
I would sleep with long pants but a lot of times it makes me too hot if it's not cold out.

Oh you raise a really good point. Let's aim for that!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 07:41:02 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Did you get food poisoning? I didn’t know you were sick at all. D: It’s good that you seemed to be feeling better. ^^

Forgot that it’s warmer where you are. xD It got SO COLD in my area. It went from 80 degree weather to freezing randomly.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 07:44:30 )

@Tsundererra: Yeah freaking DMV area has been having crazy weather, from floods to drought, record highs to record lows a month later. You guys need to sort your shit out.
It can get cold here too. in the 40's in the winter and it was already in the 30's this fall, but we are going through a warm front atm. It's been in the 70's and 60's.

I guess so? I wasn't actually sick but I felt like shit and the bloating was bad. After every meal I ate I felt like garbage.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 08:37:26 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Our drought wasn’t really a drought like you guys get. The most it did was delay our tree leaves from changing colors. Feel like the world needs to get its shit together. You guys still burning over there? 👀 Wish I can send you some of our new flooding problems to help out.

That sounds terrible. D: Do you think maybe it was your body still adjusting from your trip? I felt like shit for a whole month after my long plane rides.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 08:42:07 )

@Tsundererra: I think my tummy was because a had Panda express lol
Yeah the droughts here are freaking crazy. Coming from FL I can't believe how little it rains here and how dry it is. My skin hates it! Also no one here knows how to drive in the rain.
The world really needs to change it's daily habits. We need to be using solar and wind. We need to be not polluting when we drive to work. We need to give people options. Housing needs to be not so expensive. etc etc.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 08:57:26 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Ooof, food left under heating lamps for too long can do that. )x

Do you know if California was always so dry? D: I think I read somewhere that some states don’t prepare the roads for rain or snow if it’s somewhere that doesn’t usually get it, so there’s not a lot of traction. RIP if your area ever sees snow. Wish everyone who felt the way we did had a bigger soap box to make change happen faster. )’: Hoping things get better in 2020...

Oh, btwwww, I saw on the news that there’s an apartment complex built over a church that has started offering affordable housing. It’s in Arlington too I think. Hoping more places do this, because Northern VA has waaaay too many expensive “luxury” apartments.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 09:05:54 )

@Tsundererra: Yeah I guess so. Normally the orange chicken is so popular that it sells quick. Maybe it was the broccoli. No one ever picks that over the rice lol
I knew that CA was dry but I didn't know like this haha I won't ever snow in my valley but it does snow sometimes on the mountains to the west of me. And it does snow in CA.
Nice! Do you know how many units it was? Also Arlington just upped there rules for how many affordable units have to be unit until every new building of housing. I believe that it's a 15% min but then if it goes up to 25% affordable they can get a density bonus. Also unfortunately 'luxury' has no legal meaning so they just build a new building and then call it 'luxury'

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 09:14:59 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I’m surprised Cali peeps aren’t choosing the broccoli. People always look like they’re eating all the veggies over there. xD
And I know it snows in Cali. You guys are a unit of a state. x__x But the Bay Area seems like it won’t see any unless climate change comes knocking.

I don’t remember how many units it was. I was too thrown off that there was affordable housing in an area that people have been complaining that prices were going up because of Amazon HQ2. xD I’m glad they’re trying to raise the amount of affordable housing, because people are starting to get displaced from rising costs.
I figured the “luxury” in the name didn’t mean anything. Some of those apartments look super normal on the inside, but fancy on the exterior building. It’s like being catfished through an apartment.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 09:19:29 )

@Tsundererra: The line was full of teens. I guess that's why no one was eating well haha
Climate Change is making us dryer, but it would be nice if it brought us rain too.
Yeah you guys are going to need A LOT of units, both for the new Amazon workers (so that they do live in a unit that could be affordable housing) and for workers that you guys already have in the region. Crystal City is going to get transformed. Which I think is good because right now it's like half developed but then also like a sea of surface parking lots and blank patches? Like lets get some parking garages, another metro stop, some new parks and let's make that shit walkable yo.
I don't want everyone to have to drive into amazon each morning.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 09:43:25 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I think they’re going to be hiring people who are already living in the area. They’ve already started spamming us with job ads on tv. ): Like “we get good benefits and good pay”, but let’s not mention how the workers feel so rushed that they pee in bottles in the warehouses.

I like the way Crystal City is right now. xD Plus, if it gets developed, it’s prolly still not going to be walkable. It’ll prolly be like Tyson’s Corner where you still need a car even though there’s a metro stop. I just don’t want things to get crowded with tourists from D.C. T^T People already drive everywhere else in the morning, and VA’s answer is to add more toll lanes to lessen congestion.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 10:11:44 )

@Tsundererra: I’ve seen the plans for what they want to do in crystal city and it’s going to be an improvement. Not like Tyson’s but then again trying to turn that into something walkable is going to take decades.
Aren’t the ads that are showing up for HQ2? Those aren’t warehouse jobs. Those are corporate jobs. ^^;

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 18:27:13 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I’m skeptical because all of the plans never look like how they end up, unless it’s a D.C. plan. And they always, always, ALWAYS add to more traffic, first because of construction and rerouting traffic, and then the initial rush of everyone wanting to go there. :viodone: I’m so over this location.

From the ad, it looks like HQ2 is going to have a warehouse aspect to it because everyone is in a warehouse. They show people in hard hats, little Amazon vests packing stuff and moving machinery. But when I looked at the jobs from the ad, they did have some corporate positions, but not as many. Maybe they’ll be transferring people from other Amazon locations for that?

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 00:07:41 )

@Tsundererra: I know that they wanted to open a warehouse in Maryland, maybe that felt through and they are going to open one in VA now?

I hear you about the traffic. I live in a place where it sucks but honestly. I HAVE to drive. Martin works only 6 miles away from work. He can't bike it because there are no bike lanes in my neighborhood (he used to cycle when he was in the UK) and he could maybe take a bus but it would be two buses and a mile of walking...for a 6 mile journey. That's ridiculous. There is one train line that goes in and out of San Jose (not that the jobs are there, but a lot of people live there) and it just goes from SJ to SF. Which is great if you live in SJ and work in SF but what about the rest of us? like UGH. San Jose has a population of 1 mil too. Could you imagine the traffic if you guys had one metro line? It would be hell.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 00:39:44 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I saw job openings for Maryland, but they were for college students and not warehouse positions. Not really sure what is going on with that. Actually, I think all my packages come from the MD warehouse. I gots that love hate relationship with Amazon... hate them because they’re a shitty large company, love them because my packages come the next day. )’x

I wish larger cities were safe to bike in. Not sure if you’ve heard, but D.C. and the Annandale/Arlington areas have had problems with bikers getting hit even when they’re in bike lanes. ): It’s crazy that your area is so big and could benefit from expanding public transit, but they won’t. I was going to say that maybe they didn’t want to expand on train lines because of earthquakes, but remembered Japan deals with those too and have so many train lines. x__x Maybe you should write to your politicians? It might help if enough people bring this problem to their attention.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 02:23:10 )

@Tsundererra: huh that is weird. I hate them too but Martin loves it. And let’s me honest I would still rather give them money than Walmart but just ugh. Why can’t they turn the shitty parts around.

Yeah I heard. Vision Zero isn’t working because those F-ers are on their phones probably. Like why can’t anyone drive properly. It’s not that damn hard. A lot of people want to get protected bike lanes in place and I don’t blame them. It doesn’t cost that much and it saves lives.

I try. Lord knows I try to get shit like housing and public transportation but nothing ever happens in this god damn state. Everything takes too long. Climate change is here bro. And you can keep waiting 2+ years to even get it approved or we can fucking do something before the wildfires get us.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 02:42:56 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: That’s how I feel too, but then when I’m desperate, I still shop at Wal-mart because they’re open 24/7 and have everything. T^T Wal-mart and Amazon make so much money that they could pay all their workers more and give them decent benefits, and it wouldn’t hurt them at all.

Being on the phones, and not looking while rushing are prolly big factors. It sucks for areas that are trying to get people to go green by providing city bikes, but offer no safe places to bike.

I’m surprised it’s hard to get things noticed and passed in your state. ): You’d think they’d be all over stuff that would benefit everyone who lives there and lower car emissions/help the earth, but nope. Interests only seem to matter if you have money you can throw at the politicians.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 02:52:07 )

@Tsundererra: yeah it’s never like I’ve never used them. When you gotta you gotta but I really wish they would change their policies. Walmart is basically government subsidized because like half of the people who work for Walmart are also on food stamps. It’s not right.

Yeah. It’s super frustrating. I hope that something changes soon. Maybe self driver cars are the answer? But I don’t know for sure.

Yeah. My state is progressive when it comes to social issues but god forbid anyone pay extra taxes. Basically in my state they try to get all they can from the newer people that move in but there are thousands of homes worth 1-3mil dollars and they only pay 2k a year in property taxes but I have to pay $600 a month for a 600k house. A lot of people that call themselves progressive in the Bay Area don’t want to see any change at all so they block it from happening.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 02:59:22 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I feel bad for the workers because they get treated so badly. You can tell they don’t give two shits about the job either. A lot of the Wal-mart workers at my store are on their phones when they’re supposed to be working. If they got paid more and treated better, they would prolly treat the job like it was worth having. /:

Omg, that sounds ridiculous! Kinda takes the progress out of progressive if they are blocking to change housing issues for the better. I was trying to look at affordable places to move to in America, and they’re all places with nothing to offer. T__T

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 03:02:12 )

@Tsundererra: exactly. I would find it hard to care because if you did it would just burn you out more. And they get treated like crap.

Um yeah your telling me. I’m tired of fake progressives but I guess that’s all boomers though isn’t it. I mean at least they don’t vote for trump but they are going to give me a heart attack one day.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 03:08:46 )
so much stuff.. my husband does that kinda stuff (hanging cabinets ect) for a living

buying art selling things

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.