Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games TOUKEN RANBU!! (now in english)

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 19:55:58 )

let's talk sword boys!

what is touken ranbu?
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ wiki !

tl;dr: a multimedia franchise based on the concept of personified famous japanese swords. based off the game web browser/mobile touken ranbu, it has a ton of spinoff including 2 anime, musical, stage play, and live action movie!! if you like history and/or pretty boys come and join us~

NOW IN ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 20:31:36 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

YASSSSSSS!!! Finally!

So I mostly play the mobile app game, but I have seen parts of all the animes. :’D Wish I could post pics of all the doujins I’ve got of my swords babies, but most of them would get me in trouble. 🌝

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 20:36:30 )
who are your favs? :3c

i play the game & watch the anime and musicals

oh man i have a huge doujin collection too haha

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 22:01:14 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@pachi: I loooooove Shokudaikiri and Hasebe, and I ship them too (not sure if you’re about that life >3>)
I also love Kogitsunemaru and Mikazuki (ship them too), and Kane and his little boy lackey (don’t ship them for obvs reasons, just love their aesthetic), Urashima, Hotaruarumaru, and a few others. I really like this new blue eyed fox sword they introduced, but I keep failing to Smith him whenever his campaign comes around AND IT’S KILLING ME.

Wish I could friend you in game, but not sure if that’s a feature yet. ):

I went to one musical when I was in Japan... but man... those actors look better in pictures and video. >3>

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 22:16:44 )
@Tsundererra: i'm hardcore into the shipping life LOL
omfdhjfdhg hakusan?!?! sameeee he never came home for me T______T

did you see the upcoming game events? my best boy hachisuka is finally getting new lines and 2 new friends :DDDDD!!!!

omfdhjg which musical did you see?

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 22:47:10 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@pachi: YES! Can’t believe I forgot his name since his smithing amount is literally a play on his name. HE MADE ME GO BROKE WITH THE GOLD MATERIAL.

I think it was the second musical. I remember seeing your boy Hachisuka and the two Okita swords. I enjoyed this musical more than the Kuroshitsuji one I saw. That one was... a trip.

I haven’t looked at the event news so far since the current event is one I’ve completed and I’ve been waiting for that to finish. I hope Hachisuka is nice to these two new boys. T^T It breaks my heart seeing the way he treats my boy Naga.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 22:49:42 )
@Tsundererra: ohh bakuten!!
yeah, their wigs ... lol. but they really improved on them over the years!!
that one's my fav musical--

nagahachi is actually
my otp
if you read into hachisuka's lines, especially his kiwame letter and his kiwame lines, you can actually see how much he cares for nagasone >;3c he's pretty tsundere all the way through just for nagasone--

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 23:32:17 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@pachi: They look soooo good in the promotional pictures and stuff they sell, but omg, their make up and hair just look different in person. Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji was the biggest catfish in terms of how he looked in the poster and his actual self in the musical.
There is a store near the Tokyo final fantasy cafe that sells all the Touken musical photos and merch, you should def visit if you’re interested~ but that musical was good. I liked the songs in it and regret not getting a CD before leaving. ):

Nagahachi is another one of my ships, but omg, all the doujins I’ve read of them have been emo and wtf. xD I like you’re idea that Hachisuka is just a tsundere. I definitely see it and back up your theory.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 23:35:37 )

@Tsundererra: ngl a lot of the other 2.5d that has come out lately haven't been really... that good in terms of visuals sadly. honestly toumyu is the exception, their wigs and make up are always on point and i'm just. [clutches chest]

oh yessss i will!! i'm there to collect all the goods while i'm there!!
    kinda sad i can't see utawase but i'll live... watch the recorded version...

omggg which ones have you read? a lot of the ones ive read are like... cute fluffy tsun hachi too heh
    nagahachi in my own doujin is like... stupid nagasone and hachisuka being Done with him LOL

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 23:42:43 )

updated OP :'3c

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 23:44:41 )
I havent actually played the game in months... but I do love those boys (both the characters and their stage actors ofc...... whew)

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 23:53:26 )

@kaichoukai: duuuude hachisuka event coming tho
    at least update your gameeee

wheezes speaking of which

11/11 is hachisuka's birthday forge day but i'm too tired to draw something for it HRG

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 23:55:07 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@pachi: You’re right, I never noticed the difference in quality from the Touken musicals and everything else. I cringed from the visuals of Haikyuu and Prince of Tennis musicals too; bur Touken’s was palatable in comparison. xD Omg, just their costumes were 10/10, especially Hachisuka’s metal armor.

Omg, let me describe the worst one I read. Sooooo in this one doujin, there is a physical thing (forgot if it was a ball of energy or what) inside of a sword that makes them real, and Naga didn’t have one. He got pissed off at Hachisuka for saying he was shit for not being a real kotetsu sword, and like... punched him in the chest and pulled out that thing that makes him a real sword and broke it. And then he was like “lol, now we’re both fake swords” and did bad stuff to poor Hachisuka I can’t go into details because of Voltra rules... >__>
Have you read other nagahachi ones? Or stick to your own? I am in need of a not-so-dark story of those two.

I prefer lighter stuff, and your nagahachi sounds like the Shokudaikiri and Hasebe dynamic I usually go for in doujins. My patch daddy baby acting stupid and Hasebe being tsun and pouty. :’3

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 23:57:24 )
You also have other things that you neeeeeeed to do....... But also at this point you can draw him so fast..... scribble real fast...

Also my game is alwaysssss updated. I update it when I go to update my other mobile games.

I will play the Hachisuka event if you kick my butt (I dont even know when it is........)

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 00:00:24 )

@Tsundererra: the one thing i'm super impressed by is how the super long wigs don't get tangled up !!!!!! what black magic is this!!!!!

bro... bro who drew this book i am very interested 👀 idr seeing that one!
    and i have
    coughs
    130 physical nagahachi books so i have... a ton
    i can recommend some artists if you're interested, they have good stuff on pixiv~

(speaking of which i can show you my own doujin heheheheh also on pixiv

@kaichoukai: i know but i wanna put Effort into him u know ;_;
    or maybe i can post one of my hachi zine pieces
    the one holding his neck >:9

idk they were vague with it, just like... it's near the end of nov
    the current mutsu event rerun is still going hfdhfb

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 00:12:52 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@pachi: LOL, YOU’RE RIGHT! What is that black magic f*ckery keeping them so straight and nice. D: They might be hairsprayed up, but they look like they move naturally when they’re moving around on stage.

I wish I remembered the artist now, it was def not one of my usual ones. The main reason I picked up that doujin was because the art was hella pretty, but the story was LOL NOPE. )x I’ll see if I can find it online.

Yo, you make my collection look so weak in comparison. xD I thought I was bad with my 30-40 books, but nope. Pleeeeeeeeaseeeee send some artists my way. I need to expand on my other ships.

And yes, please send me your pixiv! I’d love to look at more of your stuffs. :’3

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 00:17:12 )

@Tsundererra: i'm so curious @ the artist now oof

i forgot i had made a whole list of nagahachi artists on google docs LMFAO now it comes in handy!! my pixiv is in there too, though i post more on my twitter. just posted some samples for my new book on there earlier :3

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 00:26:08 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@pachi: Yoooo, feeling that regret. I should’ve at least taken a pic of it. T^T I will throw it at you if I ever find it again.

Also, YOUR NAGAHACHI DATABASE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!! :’D I already have my eye on one artist I’m going to check out. xD

I’m following you on Twitter now so I can stalk your art see more of your art. Ughhhghhh so pretty! Also, hot damn, you can speak Chinese. x__x

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 00:29:18 )

@Tsundererra: okay np~ i wonder if it's an older book since i keep up with all the recent ones hmmm

HEHE tyyy i need to update it at on but you can honestly just look at my twitter following list to see the artists~

waaa thank you!!
    also ye, chn is my first language ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_ i'm not the best at it though, my vocab isn't as expansive as i would like it to be--

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 00:47:37 )
@pachi: yeah...... you should post one of the zine pieces. Any will do because all of them are either soft or spicy...... tbh my fave is the cherry blossoms one...

Okay well....... poke me when it starts because I dont pay attention to any of the event announcements anymore lmao. You are the way I stay up to ate anything ingame related.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.