Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Supernatural Cafe (Humans welcome)

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/15 20:50:59 )

@ChiffonOrange: The big G has a great collection of items, to be sure; they've had years and years to create 'em after all. I love the art style tbh and the Art Freebies forum is a nice lil' sub community, but in general I don't participate in the bigger community (maybe occasionally when I'm super super bored lol).

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 00:56:09 )
@cooperationiskey: True, true. I like the variety and creavitity of their items and yes, I agree with you about the art style and I never went to the Art Freebies forum so I don't have any comments on that. ^^; That's understandable, I used to go to the Chatterbox forum or rarely the Virtual Town when I'm very bored as well but I eventually stopped going there as I'm no longer interested. Though the items in the Marketplace are overly priced and the Item Shops didn't help at all lmao

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 01:16:00 )

@ChiffonOrange:
I really miss the old Towns, tbh; being able to wander around and catch bugs and chat with people was fun! People would even hold events in Towns. Supposedly they're working on a new version of Towns that is HTML5 instead Flash, but I don't know if the number of people on the site these days will make it much worthwhile. The marketplace is a crapshoot; I keep stuff on my list for months to even years, waiting for that perfect price, lol.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 01:24:07 )
@cooperationiskey: Ah, the good old days of those towns. I remember how it used to be very lively and people chatted more often, and considering Flash is already defuncted last year. I don't see that much people on the Virtual Towns unless they're here for afking or chatting within their group or just trolling. Yep, I agree with you about the Marketplace. I wonder whose idea is to jack up the price then expect people to earn a lot of golds or platinum in one minute, I gave up on my wishlist since it's kinda pointless to wait for a certain discount. <. <

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 23:12:54 )

@ChiffonOrange: You know there are people that deliberately artificially inflate the prices of stuff that shouldn't cost very much? Like they'll buy up all of a cheaper item on the MP and then relist it for ridiculous prices. It sucks. There was a cute Thanksgiving-themed item I needed for an avatar last year or the year before that got jacked up like that. I got lucky eventually but I wasn't able to do that avatar for a while because of it.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 00:52:08 )
@cooperationiskey: Big oof. While I'm aware of those kinds of people, but still I hate it whenever they did that regardless of rarity unless it's an extremely rare item. And I see, I guess you have to rely on luck most times. ^^;

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 12:36:10 )

@ChiffonOrange: It was like a dirt-cheap item, too, I was so freaking mad. This guy--it seems to be a lot of one guy? Or one connected group? Anyway they seem to think they're providing some kind of 'service' by putting cheap rareish items out of reach of most users. Like 'poor' users don't deserve them, I guess. :/

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 13:11:10 )
@cooperationiskey: That sounds really unfair D: And yes, I absolutely agree with you 100%- putting cheap but rare items in ridiculous amount for users who don't have that much gold or platinum and it sounds like they're doing this just to 'troll' any potential buyer in my opinion. :vanora_upsidedown:

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 13:43:31 )

@ChiffonOrange: What really sucks is Gaia has this problem but has made no attempt to do anything about it. I mean I guess technically it's part of the package with a capitalism system, but it still blows. Oh well.

Anyway, how are you doing this morning? o3o

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 13:45:50 )
@cooperationiskey: Mmhmm. *nods* You know as they say money goes around and round.

I'm alright even though it's night time (and it's a rainy night instead) for me and made a Carrd.co account because I was pretty curious and bored at the same time, same can be said for Toyhou.se though I just logged in to check if there's anything else lol. How about you? xD

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 14:04:05 )

@ChiffonOrange: Oh! Well my mistake, lol. It was a rainy one here last night. Or at least a rainy evening. So far this morning the sun is out. :)

And I'm all right, other than not having slept, I guess. I tried, I just couldn't fall asleep for the life of me. :vanora_tired:

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 14:12:44 )
@cooperationiskey: Nah, that's okay. xD It seems the rain has stopped here for me, for now haha. And I guess the sun wants to come out and chill?

Ohh I see. Hope you'll catch some Zs and get plenty of rest soon.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 14:17:04 )

Lol, the sun wants to come out and make everything a wet humid mess is more like it. Florida is a very humid state (semitropical climate) and last night's rain sure isn't helping that. Still, I love the rain. I missed it after living in Los Angeles for almost a decade.

And thanks, I'm hoping to at least get a nap today. Though I might be tagging along with my roommate to go to the grocery store. We're both wanting peach pie thanks to my mom posting hers (made from scratch with fresh-picked peaches from her own yard!) on facebook, lol.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 14:25:39 )
Ah, that makes real sense haha. The rain can be quite annoying but it makes you feel comfy/cozy whenever you're inside of your house, I don't know why. :o And I see. *nods*

No problem, I see. Hope you and your roommate have a safe journey to the grocery store for the peach pie which I have never heard of. :o And speaking of getting inspired by recipes, there is one time I tried to bake chocolate chip cookies with marshmellows but it ended up as a disaster mainly because I forgot to add something or added too much sugar or whatever to make it more "fluffy" or volume after baking them. ( ._. ; )

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 14:37:33 )

@ChiffonOrange: Yeah, I love the feeling of being inside, not having to go out in the rain/storm, and just enjoying the sounds of it. :)

Thanks! I really hope we find one already made (it's summer here so it's very possible as it's popular this time of year) because I've never made one and I'd have to google the ingredients I'd need lmao.

Omg I wanna make Dump Cake too, I haven't had that in years. It's a kind of weird cobbler that's just like, your fresh fruit or pie filling of choice, cake mix (preferably the 'yellow' kind), and butter, lmao. Not healthy at aaaaaaaall but my god is it good!!

And oh no! Were they at least edible? XD I once made sugar cookies with twice as much butter as I was meant to (I moved states and the butter came in differently portioned sticks and threw me off), and they came out suuuuper flat, lol. They tasted okay, though!

That does remind me that I wanted to make almond butter chips specifically to make almond butter chip cookies. o3o (I'm allergic to peanut butter, which at least here would be the usual choice.)

Well now I'm just thinking about sweets!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 14:46:47 )
@cooperationiskey: Yep! Hearing the sounds of the rain or storm, or just watching the raindrops does seems to soothe one's mind. ^^

You're welcome :3 Better get prepared I suppose lol

*googles what Dump Cake is* I never heard of this kind of recipe nor do I had one before. Judging by those pictures, I assume it tastes really sweet and haha yeah, most cakes or desserts are unhealthy in general and you can't help it at the same time xD Ehhh..... Maybe, but I must've made them too sweet lmao. Oh dear, well as long as they taste decent or maybe good enough that is. Ah, I see. that might sound tasty even though almond isn't my cup of tea and I see, that's understandable. :o

Ah. So soon lol?

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 14:56:29 )

@ChiffonOrange: I mean it definitely depends on what you use as "filling" and how sweet that is. If you use fresh fruit, for instance, instead of (sweetened) pie filling, it wouldn't be as sweet. It mostly tastes like your usual fruit pie, to be honest. It's amazing hot with vanilla ice cream on top. I don't think I've had it since... god, my early twenties at the most recent. So a good 15 years or more.

Yeah I've found recipes for making homemade 'peanut butter baking chips' and I figure I can adapt that with almond butter for my own purposes. I miss peanut butter terribly but alternatives help.

And yeah, it's not even 10am and I'm already going "oooh, sugar!" lol.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 15:06:35 )
@cooperationiskey: Oh :o And true, using fresh fruit doesn't sound really appetizing after all, and yum! That must've sound tasted really delicious! :D

I see. Homemade recipes are good though it really depends on your success, and alternatives are great options too! Since you can replace certain ingredients with alternatives for some recipes.

Ohh, wow lol. *inserts the Sugar, Sugar song on my mind*

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 15:29:01 )

@ChiffonOrange: I mean, I kinda wanna try making it with like, frozen strawberries or something like that. o3o

Yeah, I've done a bit of research into making like, my own "almond butter cups" since I can't have Reese's Peanut Butter Cups anymore and those were my favorite candy before my allergy turned up. I also discovered "matcha butter cups" which look AMAZING! (and I have a big bag of matcha just waiting to get turned into all kinds of treats!)

Oh my god, The Archies lmao! I somehow never made the connection that "The Archies" behind that song were THOSE Archies, omg. That's hilarious. Kind of the Gorillaz of their time, I guess!

Please ping me!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 15:40:20 )
@cooperationiskey: Ohh, frozen strawberries! That sounds like an easy but rewarding recipe :o

And oh dear, that must've been unfortunate. *clicks on the link* Mmmm... They look really delicious! :D And hope you'll succeed on those matcha butter cups ^^

Tbh I didn't know who The Archies were lol, well maybe except Archie Comics that also made those Sonic comics as well. (Although I don't really read Sonic comics, aside from video games lol) But that song has been stuck in my head for some reason haha. Ah, I see. The 1960s version of Gorillaz I assume? xD (I don't mind the Gorillaz (even though they were really, really popular in the 2000s), some of their songs are catchy as hell)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.