Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Supernatural Cafe (Humans welcome)

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 11:57:54 )

This thread's little ghosty art on the first page is super cute!

Voltie — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 12:04:27 )
Lina:
we live for the food emoji!
Glad to see more faces in here!

yesss the food emoji are so good. and thematically fitting for use in here lol

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 16:16:35 )
@ChiffonOrange: back in the day I had a video game boyfriend, and he got me a psp and games so we could play together. I remember liking Phantasy Star, but I didn’t know there was an online one.

I used to play final fantasy online, the original one. But when the new ff online came out the old one died. But I never liked the new one as much so I don’t play it. I’ve always kind of been looking for a replacement. (Preferably Japanese made because they tend to be more about cooperative play than American/European solo play)

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 16:24:36 )
@CooperationIsKey: thank you! The first post art is by xvz, and the post ghost is by ghost. lol
I think ghost saw that I had a ghost character and was like, oh hello there. >.>

@Aradia: the last event was good themed and we often get a set of emoji with events, so that helped. But even before that we had pretty many food emoji! We’re just a hunger site.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 16:57:54 )

I mean the emojis on this site are in general really, really adorable.

Just a few of my favorites, hehe. :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 02:05:48 )
@lina: Ohh I see. I never heard of the old Final Fantasy online but the new one, I have heard of it but never played it because I'm not exactly a fan of pay-to-play MMOs/games. I see, solo play is fun but you can get lonely without anyone (whether it's friends or family members) willing to play with you most times. Cooperative play is nice too but communication is important and there could possibly be a language barrier should you decided to play Japanese version or any other version that isn't American or European version.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 06:16:55 )
@CooperationIsKey: right!? The adorable chainsaw is like my spirit emoji

@ChiffonOrange: the original ff online had a really well made auto translate feature that made it pretty easy to communicate across languages. There were lots of American, Japanese, and French players all mixed together on servers but we all got along great. It’s one of the things I loved most and can’t seem to find in a new game.
Like on Voltra, I was there primarily to make friends.
Sometimes I would sit in my virtual house for hours just talking in chat with my guild; not even going out and playing my character. XD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 10:36:56 )
@lina: Ahh I see. The perks of having auto translate features and everyone getting along so well without any problem sounds like a good idea.

I see lol. If I ever get lazy with grinding levels, weapons or whatever; I can just go afk or do some exploration or maybe try to chat with anyone who's okay with it depending on situation haha

Speaking of Voltra, I kinda find myself whether should I be really active or not. Don't get me wrong Voltra's a great place! But sometimes the forums are very slow (not that it's bad) and the website doesn't have any other games to play besides jigsaw puzzles which I dislike lol.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 23:08:33 )

@Lina: I about died when I discovered the chainsaw. It's just so cute! :3

@ChiffonOrange: I get you on the slow forums. Yesterday I was itching to chat with someone and no one was posting much, but on the other hand, there's a lot less garbage-posting than on *coughcough* other similar sites, which is pretty refreshing, too.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 01:03:28 )
@cooperationiskey: That's understandable, it depends on the person and whether they want to post often or not. :o And yeah I agree with you about the garbage/rubbish-posting (which I assume it's one of those... offensive posts or posts that should've been discussed privately instead) and by other similar sites, does it starts with the captial letter G and ends with an A lol? And yup, at least there aren't any trolls or cyberbullying on here which is nice.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 02:34:08 )
@ChiffonOrange: Voltra gets really busy during events, but then dies down otherwise. I’m usually very active, but that’s when work is slow and I post all day while I’m at work. But this has been the busiest year I think I’ve ever worked. OnO

@CooperationIsKey: yes! It’s the cutest!!

If either of you is on the Voltra Discord channel you can message or ping me on there and I’ll get a notification on my phone. Then I’ll know you’re active online and try to get on Voltra.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 02:38:57 )
@lina: True haha xD If they still have more events that is c:

I don't have a Discord account since I don't use it much. The only messaging apps I've used so far are Whatsapp and Line, the former is mostly for communicating with my family though ^^; and the latter is quite the same but I only used it just to buy stickers (mostly stickers that are exclusive to Japan) lol

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 03:03:05 )
@ChiffonOrange: They do an event each season, so in a month or 2 there should be another event.
I think the summer, Breaker Beach, should be next. That's always a good one.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 03:06:15 )
@lina: Ooh I see :o Hope the next even will be good.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 04:05:18 )
@ChiffonOrange: I hope so too. ^^
They've all been pretty great think

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 21:40:25 )

@ChiffonOrange:
Rofl yes, you nailed it. And yeah, while I like said other site just fine, I appreciate the much more... I dunno, chill? atmosphere here.

Please ping me!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/15 00:08:20 )
Voltra has always had a great community.
I’ve been on every avatar site I could find over the last… idk 15 years?
Ernya was really wonderful for many years. They’re closed now though. Voltra is the only other one I’ve belonged to that’s been so warm and welcoming and accepting

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/15 01:04:38 )
@cooperationiskey: Lol. I only liked their avatar items there (though sometimes I have trouble seeing some items due to how small they are). And yep, I agree with you. The atmosphere in this site is very chill and relaxed as you're not pressured to post anything regardless how fast or slow you post. :o

===========

Never went to Ernya but yeah, I agree with you Lina. This site is a lot more welcoming than some sites at least.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/15 01:38:21 )
Some avatar sites have really tiny avatars, which is cute but you lose any details then. And some are really big which I find less attractive, especially if they’re next to your every post. So I’m glad Voltra is more in between

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/15 01:44:32 )
True. It depends on personal preferences, I don't like really tiny avatars (not saying they're that bad) due to the reason you said above and as for big avatars (like Pantheon Online), it's cool although a bit distracting lol. Voltra avatars are more likely to be in medium size which I find them perfect as they're not too small nor too big to distract from posts xD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.