Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Familiar Effects

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 04:36:39 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I need your pure mana." Vincent replied.

"I'm at the Fyrane manor." he told her, before filling her in on what he was witnessing.

"Cassandra, I know I won't be enough for this." he then said.

"My mana is powerful, but not powerful enough to overcome all this." he went on.

"I need you to help back me up on this, and use your mana as well." he continued.

"Can you do that?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 04:44:14 )

Cass was silent for a moment before nodding, even though he couldn't see it.

"I'll bring Addy, as well. Try and decrease any of us dying." She then said.

"I'll be there as soon as I can. Give me about ten minutes at most." As she spoke, he could hear her getting to her feet and heading out of the room. Surprisingly, the floor was sounding silent. Normally he'd be able to hear her footsteps down the hall.

"We'll be there soon." She added before ending the call and making her way through the building to her son's room.

"Addison!" She called through the door as she knocked.

"NEed your mana. C'mere"

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 05:05:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The conversation was ended, and Vincent looked a little confused.

'Eh?' he thought.

'That was... oddly quiet...' he thought to himself, before shaking his head and sighing.

'Whatever. Bigger problems to worry about.' he added, looking back towards Casey.

Meanwhile, Addison was laying on his bed, reading a book, when he looked over towards his mother.

"Huh?" he muttered.

"My mana?" he asked, setting the book down.

"What do you mean by that?" he asked further, getting up into a sitting position.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 05:10:49 )

After Addison got to his feet and opened the door, Cass was silent for a moment.

"Apparently there's a necromatic issue at the Fyrane's." She told him honestly.

"And pure mana is the best counter for tainted mana." She added after a moment before holding a hand out.

"Come on. You can't get out of this one."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 05:22:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".........." Addison was silent, before sighing heavily.

"Fine." he said.

"All right, all right." he said further, taking her hand.

"Let's go." he told her.

"I'm ready." he finished.

With that, they were gone in a flash, and appeared in the Fyrane's back yard.

And when they arrived there, Addison almost felt himself be metaphorically crushed by the sheer necromantic power that was there.

"...wh... what the hell...?" he asked, his tone hushed and quiet.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 05:34:07 )

Cass was barely able to stay onm her own two feet as well.

"Oh damn." She muttered before quickly making her way inside, not sure if Addison was following, but realising that if he had any brain power he would be.

The entire trek up to the room in quesiton was... a task. By the time the pair entered there and saw the Fyrane boys, along with Vincent, standing outside of the opened door to where Casey was. The tainted mana that was permeating the room above wasn't spilling to where they were, not entirely, but they could still feel it almost perfectly well.

". . . is this all because if her?" Cass asked in a hushed voice, hardly able to believe that one person could produce such a high degree of mana.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 05:55:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Addison did, indeed, follow his mother, but he lagged behind a little, mostly because he struggled a bit with the sheer oppressive nature of the mana.

"It is." Vincent responded, as Addison looked at Casey, and the room.

"Holy shit..." he muttered quietly.

"It is impressive, in the worst possible way." Vincent said.

"...what are we supposed to do?" Addison asked.

"We need to combine our mana to override the tainted necromantic mana and neutralise it." Vincent explained.

"...but what about the quartz?" Addison asked in response. "Surely that's there to contain the mana, as well as protect it from being attacked, yeah?" he asked them.

"That's where -I- come in." Ash chimed in. "Due to... reasons... I'll be able to pulse mana in, and shatter the various pieces of quartz." he explained. "But once I do, you'll only have a few seconds before the mana starts to overflow towards us." he warned.

"So this will essentially be like a coordinated assault on the necromantic mana." Lindsay summarised.

"Pretty much." Ash confirmed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 06:06:36 )

Cass was silent for a moment before sighing, not entirely enthused with this, but also completely aware of how there wasn't time to dilly dally around, or even to try and figure out another option.

They had to brute force it, regardless of what happened.

"Can anyone get in there?" She asked, her voice curious.

"No one has tried yet." was the reply she received.

".... Maybe someone should? It's possible it'd be easier to do from within the room, or at least within the quartz, than without."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 06:30:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay just sighed.

"I'll try it, then." he said.

"If something goes wrong, I'll come back from it." he reasoned.

He then made his way up the stairs, pausing at the literal divide between the necromantic mana, and the rest of the house. He sighed once more, before bracing himself, and stepping through it.

He DID manage to step through it, but the mana seemed to immediately swarm him, covering him like a swarm of micro-organisms, and the group watched him age 100's of years, until he turned to literal dust.

"...holy shit..." Addison got out.

"And every time he's reborn, the same thing's gonna happen, again and again." Ash muttered, before looking at Cass.

"Well, there's your answer." he then said to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 06:33:59 )

Cass was silent for the moment, not entirely sure what it was that she was supposed to make of that.

"Lovely." She then said before pausing.

"All right... How are we doing this?" She asked after a breath or two.

"Who will receive the mana?" She asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 06:55:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent just sighed.

"I will." he said.

"You sure?" Ash asked.

"I have various reasons." Vincent responded. "Let's just get this done." he said further.

Ash nodded in response, before making his way to the divide, while Lindsay was reborn and killed over and over again inside.

"All right, everyone get ready." he told them, as Vincent positioned himself.

"As soon as I break the quartz, you've got mere seconds to blast the mana."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 06:59:06 )

There was silence form Cass, but she did nod. She was ready to do whatever it was that was needed here to save Casey's life, and the others here as well.

"All right." She said before stepping up to Vincent and laying her hands on his shoulder, while Addison did the same, before starting to pool within Vincent, letting him feel even stronger than he'd ever felt before.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 07:30:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash looked back at Vincent, as his eyes suddenly turned pure white, and seemed to glow with an almost ethereal aura.

"Now!' Vincent yelled.

Ash responded by sending a pulse of his special mana into the room, which broke all the quartz there... and immediately, the mana started to flow out of the room. Vincent responded by extending his arms forward, palms out, and fired the pure mana right at it, as Ash dove out of the way.

The pure mana pierced right into the room, and it seemed like the necromantic mana was ready to swallow it... before the pure mana started to grow and overtake it quickly.

"...just... a little... more..." Vincent said to Addison and Cassandra.

"Just one... more... pulse." he finished, before the two of them gave one more burst of mana to him, which caused one last blast of pure mana, eradicating the tainted mana that had been in the room.

"Holy hell, the whole house shook from that." Ash muttered, as Vincent fell to his knees from the effort and strain.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 07:34:56 )

None of them were faring the best after that, as all three were pretty drained in terms of mana from that. She didn't say anything before gently setting her hands on Vincent's shoulders again (as when he fell to his knees, she'd stayed on her feet) and smiled softly.

"I think I'm faring better than you are. Hope this help" She said simply as he felt some of her mana starting to collect within him again. This time, it felt softer, a lot softer.

Meanwhile, Casey had collapsed where she was, her form still seeking to be leaking the mana that had been filling the room before.

It was not hard to tell that this would have easily killed her. But it seemed that at least for the moment she was taking an impromptu break.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 07:58:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As Cass placed her hands on Vincent's shoulders, she felt Addison place his hands on her back.

"I think I'm faring better than you are. Hope this help." he echoed, as he sent some of his own mana into her.

"...heh, like mother, like son, it seems." Vincent chuckled.

Meanwhile, as Lindsay started to regenerate again, Ash rushed into the room and placed his hands over Casey's forehead and chest. He then pulsed some mana into her, causing her to fall into a deep sleep, kind of like a coma.

"That should stop her control." he muttered, as he carried her out of the room.

"Right, I know Casey needs to be taken to the hospital." he commented.

"Anyone else?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 08:04:38 )

Cass just rolled her eyes before just smirking and in essence using what Addison had given her, to help Vincent.

"Kid, I've dealt with far worse than this before. I'm fine." She told him.

"My body has been very well trained for this kind of stuff over the years." She added.

"And Ash? I think I'll be fine, Addison probably will be too. If there are problems, I'll take him to Emma." She then said.

"As for Vincent, I dunno. HJow are you feeling now" She asked the sorcerer.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 08:23:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...drained." Vincent replied.

"Very, very drained." he reiterated.

"Well, I'm taking Casey to OLA so Rene can make sure she doesn't die while she has her little impromptu nap." Ash told them.

"Tell Lindsay when he's finally fully rezzed." he continued.

"...oh, and if Ashley comes back from the flight she's on while I'm away, fill her in." he added.

"Can do." was all Vincent said.

"...and thanks for the help." he then told the three of them.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 08:43:01 )

"Not a problem at all, Ash. I'm just glad we COULD help." Cass commented.

"Anyway, you take care of Casey." She added.

---

Anna sighed lightly as she sat in the clearing, ignoring the pain in her face and torso. Her daughter had been rather.. irate today, unusually so. As a result, she'd lashed out at her brother. Anna had gotten in the way to protect her son, since she knew that she could handle the blows a lot better than he could. In the end though, she had a cracked jaw, a couple cracked ribs, and a concussion that was pretty nasty. She knew that she'd recover, this was nothing compared to a lot that she'd handled throughout her life, but it still wasn't fun.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 09:09:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After a bit, she felt a familiar presence nearby, and wasn't surprised when Ash stepped into the clearing.

"Hey." he greeted her.

"I heard about what happened." he said.

"No fun." he mumbled further.

"Heard you might come here, so I came looking." he then told her.

"Listen, can we talk?" he asked. "I have some info to share."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 09:12:57 )

Anna looked over before sighing slightly.

What's up? She asked mentally, as with her jaw, she really couldn't talk too well for the moment.

And I really hope it's not useless shit. I don't have much patience today, as I'm sure you can understand. followed a couple of seconds later. He could hear the lack of patience clearly in her mental voice, even.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.