Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Familiar Effects

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 08:20:15 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias just looked... VERY confused.

"Ah, I..." he stammered, before shaking his head.

"Fine." he told her.

"I will." he said.

"But I'm warning you, I want an explanation after this." he then told her.

"I pile of ashes just arrived here, and you're asking if this Zeria is OKAY!?" he exclaimed. "She's clearly NOT. She's... well... she's a pile of ashes!" he said further, before shaking his head.

"But... I'll go and tell him." he finished, before turning and starting to walk off.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 08:33:10 )

As he was walking away, Kiah just chuckled.

"Hey Ilias, come here." She said after a moment tor two. When he returned, a little annoyed due to having been requested to leave to do a task by the woman herself, he saw what she wanted to show him. When he looked into the room that the ashes had arrived in, he saw what looked like little sparks coming from them.

As they watched, about thirty seconds later there was a brilliant flash of fire. Kiah had witnessed that a few times in the past, but she was sure Ilias hadn't. It was something that took a bit, close to a minute, to fully finish and fade, but at the end there was a tall lady who almost looked elven and with what looked to have darker than the usual skin for the area, and her blonde hair settling around her. Her clothing seemed to form of the fire, moments before she met Kiah's gaze.

"Let her out Ilias. I know she's safe and whatnot." Kiah said after a moment or two

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 08:45:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias was... stunned, to put it lightly.

"Ah... I... that..." he stammered.

He was then quiet, before smacking his forehead.

"I could have guessed this." he said.

He then sighed heavily, and opened the door to the decontamination room.

"Please, you don't have to stay in there." he told her.

It was at that point, they heard Hal's voice calling to them.

"Can SOMEONE please explain to me why the intruder alarm is saying we have a problem here!?" he demanded.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 08:48:24 )

As she left the room, Kiah just met her aze.

"Zeria... what happened?" She asked.

"I'm ... going to guess you're referring to how long that took." She said before pausing.

". . . might want to address him, first." She added which caused Kiah to look over.

"Right." The chemist commented with a light sigh.

"Hey Sharp. This is Zeria. She's a phoenix. Not sure why she's here yet, but my cousin sent her."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 09:04:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....a phoenix." Hal responded, looking at Zeria.

"Certainly a rarity." he commented.

"And... your cousin?" he then asked Kiah.

"Ash." Kiah specified.

"...certainly explains how he got her through the barrier." Hal muttered. "Would have been nice if he'd told me he'd be doing this." he growled, before taking out a comm unit.

"Cancel the Code Red-5. Situation under control, no emergency." he said, before putting it away and sighing.

"That was almost a fiasco." he told them.

"Now... why were you sent here?" he asked Zeria.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 09:09:49 )

"Honestly, I'm not entirely sure." Kiah admitted after a second or two.

"He said I would be safe here." Zeria responded.

"I... have a sense as to why, as well."

"Oh? You're doing better than I am." Kiah commented with a light chuckle. "But if he beleives you're safe here, chances are you would be. He's rarely wrong." She commented.

"But... I donwder why."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 09:25:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Perhaps we should discuss this further." Hal replied.

"Come on, let's get acquainted." he suggested.

Meanwhile, Ash had arrived at the Remmington manor looking for his mother... but had been told that his mother had chosen to go to the Fyrane manor. Confused as to why she would do so, he left and made his way home... to the Fyrane manor.

After talking with his brother, he learned that their mother had been acting weird, and had disappeared into the large forested area behind the home.

Ash, now confused and concerned, made his way into the forest.

"Mom!" he called out.

"Where y'at!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 12:46:52 )

Ash was met with silence for a second before he felt his mothers mana. It was essentially a beacon to say 'hey, I'm over here' with her mana, and was onyl detectable by other Fyrane's.

"Hey." She said after he'd approached, finding her voice coming from nowhere. After a bit he was able to identify where her voice was coming from... the trees around him. Specifically up pretty high too. He couldn't actually see her.

"Come on up!" She called down. He hesitated a moment, not sure what the hell was going on, before shrugging and climbing up, to find... what was essnetially nothing more than a rather high grade, so to speak, treehouse.

"Hey." She said after he was up there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 21:46:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Uhhh... hey." Ash replied when he got up there.

"Wow." he said, taking in the treehouse. "This... this is... just... wow." he said further.

"I never knew this was here." he admitted. "And I thought I'd been all over this forest in the years I've lived here and sparred with the animals that live in here." he continued.

"How long has this been here?" he asked her. "When did this get made?" he asked her further, before shaking his head.

"Right, nevermind that for now." he said.

"Mom, I know you must be feeling... well... strange. Different. Weird." he continued, unsure as to how she was being affected at the moment.

"But I know WHY." he went on.

"And trust me, Zeria is safe right now." he then assured her. "She is safe where she is, and isn't in any danger, I promise."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 22:13:07 )

Rowena just laughed lightly.

"Been here since before you moved in." She told him honestly.

"And.... I know she's safe." She added before sighing when he looked at her quizzically.

"I have a mana connection with her. Now that she's safe, and I can tell, I know that whatever it was that was going on ... came from her." She paused a moment.

"Where... is she, anyway?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 22:33:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just sighed.

"She's in the San Diego branch of The Unit." he told her.

"For reasons I'm not sure I should divulge, she's safe there. There's a protective barrier around it." he continued.

"...." he was then silent, before looking away.

"And I know what was going on with her." he said further.

"She told me so, herself." he continued.

".....you're not going to like it, though..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 22:34:33 )

Rowena just sighed.

". . . just because I don't like it doesn't mean I shouldn't hear it." She then said.

"So... so tell me." She added after a moment or two.

"I get the feeling that this is less a case of 'want' to know and more a case of 'need' to know."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 22:50:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just sighed heavily.

"It's... Vanessa again." he said.

"Seems she's found a way to infiltrate the connection between familiar and mage." he told her.

"Zeria was managing to hold it off temporarily by killing herself and regenerating, but it always kept coming back." he explained further. "So I sent her to the Unit as ashes, so she'd reform and not have that in her." he went on.

"...but yeah, it's Vanessa again." he reiterated.

"Seems she's found yet ANOTHER way to screw with people."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 22:53:32 )

Rowena was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Lovely." Was all she said before shaking her head.

"How can we do anything about that?" She asked ". . . The connection between familiars and their mages is sacred."

". . . to abuse it is just not right, and dammit, we gotta stop her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 00:01:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I know." Ash replied.

"But I don't know how to stop her." he said.

"I suppose we could talk to Zeria some more, and-" he started to say, before something else Zeria had said kicked in.

"...oh, not..." he mumbled.

"I need to check on Casey." he said.

"Kitt's been missing for weeks now."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 00:04:51 )

Rowena was silent for a moment before sighing.

"I'm fine. You? Go check on your sister in law." She said after a moment.

"Let... Let me know if she's all right as well. I'm hanging out here for a bit longer."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 00:40:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Got it." Ash responded.

He then disappeared from where he was, and reappeared in the backyard of the Fyane manor.

When he appeared there, and stepped inside, he froze.

"....guess I should have been paying attention more." he said.

"THAT is some strong mana up there." he muttered, looking in the direction of Casey's studio... straight upwards.

His brother, meanwhile, looked VERY concerned.

"That JUST spiked as you were gone." Lindsay told him.

"We need to stop her... and fast." Ash muttered, as they rushed up to the closed door to her studio.

"CASEY!" Lindsay called in.

"ARE YOU OKAY!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 02:26:31 )

They didn't get any sort of answer from within, at least nothing that was honestly understandable. Ash was only able to glean that she was actually speaking something because of the fact that he could identify that, if nothing else.

It almost sounded like a human try to speak some ancient language, one that neither had encountered, but they both could at least understand it wasn't gibberish.

But the extreme mana they could feel permeating the room and surrounding area was far too much to be normal, and was most certainly concerning.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 02:50:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The brothers looked at each other, before they grabbed the door and forced it off its hinges. When they did, they were greeted by a horrifying sight.

Casey was sitting in a circle of quartz, and the necromantic saturation in the room was... alarming. It almost felt like it was going to creep out and suffocate them.

"....Ash?" Lindsay said.

"Yeah?" Ash responded.

"We need help." Lindsay said.

"We do." Ash agreed.

With that, they called Vincent and explained the situation. Vincent was there in an instant, and was almost floored by the concentration and strength of the mana there. He made his way up to where Casey was, and stopped when he saw the sight.

"...I'm going to need backup." was all he said, before taking out his phone.

He then dialled Cassandra's cell number, and awaited her to pick up.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/9 04:18:31 )

He was waiting longer than he would ideally like to, bit that wasn't surprising. At this point, a second would be too long.

"Not often you call me, Vincent." Cass greeted.

"What's going on, must be serious." Shea dded.

"How can I help?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.