Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ❀ Spring Shack ❁

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 21:29:51 )

-----------------------------
With lineart it all comes down to shape and flow, really. You don't want the viewer uncertain about where to look next. Posing off-balance can make it look more dynamic, and exaggerating the line-of-action.
So says...

Questing:
Haunting

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 22:33:21 )

Yeah, I used to be good about practicing that. But I think once I got so focused on work and college, I kinda resorted back to boring, rigid portraits. I gotta work on that <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 01:33:25 )

Practice makes perfect! I bet you'll pick it all back up in no time.
So says...

Questing:
Haunting

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 04:49:08 )

Yes exactly <3 Just need to get my focus back on track is all!

Man I thought of a fun project to work on. Dunno if I'd ever finish. But I saw something online that some art mentor made. Like an RPG style game with like, art quests and junk. Im curious enough to want to buy it, since its meant for helping artists build a fun portfolio and such. I wonder how it actually works or plays out.

BUT also made me think.. what if I implemented something like that in the forums? Make a bit of a choose your own adventure story that encourages drawing through art prompts and such.
Liiiike, say someone chooses to go to a specified place in the story, they click on a link that directs them to the post which continues their path. In that post, describes they run into an NPC who needs an item. The quest is to draw that item for them, and then you'd move on to the next bit.

I've been tapping my chin for a couple of hours thinking about how to make it work. Could be fun, or could be a mess of me attempting to organize a story, coding, many links and images, all with the glory of my adhd brain :vanora_xd:

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 05:24:27 )

@jolly:
I know I'd love to give it a shot! I do better with goals.

So says...

Questing:
Haunting

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 05:34:59 )

Right? Me too. I used to live for random art prompt things I'd find online when I was a teen. Kinda stopped at some point when I felt like I did them all at the time xD
It'd be pretty cool to work on this. I'll have to do more brainstorming and see if I can pull it off in the next few months or so

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 05:37:02 )

@amber lynne:
(I'm gonna move this conversation over here, so my gallery doesn't get swamped)

Thanks, I joined the server!
And I'm studying massage therapy right now. almost 8 months left to go! but I'm not counting

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 05:54:22 )

@Jolly: Totally fair!

Hopefully you'll get some clientele through there!
I've managed a couple commissions ^ ^

And ohhh, that's gotta be an interesting course!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 06:08:56 )

@jolly:
Let me know if you need any help!

So says...

Questing:
Haunting

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 06:15:48 )

@amber lynne:
Hopefully :D We'll see how it goes!

Interesting is the right word for it, for sure xD Its a private academy so pretty small and looooots of drama.
The massage part--the purpose--is pretty fun though! I can't wait to get into hot stones and such

@avocado:
Yes, of course! And I'll make sure to let you know if I make any real progress on it :D

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 06:24:24 )

@Jolly: Ohhh I'm sure that'll be fun to learn!
XD

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 16:47:13 )

I've never really like hand massages, but the rest of it sounds pretty need. As much as I enjoy physical interactions, like hugs and squishing next to someone on a sofa or chair, palpitation has only made me tenser and sorer. However, this could very well be because I've never been to a professional masseuse.
So says...

Questing:
Haunting

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 17:54:20 )

@avocado:
Haha its normal to come out sore afterwords. But like, a work-out soreness, cause your muscles are getting worked out. You probably have a lot of tension.
Or if its like, bad pain, like something feels like a problem. Then yeah you probably had someone who didn't know what they're doing. If you go to corporate massage places (ie massage envy) they're reputed to be... less than effective and also terrible to their therapists. But I'll not ramble xD

I will point out that Masseuse doesn't mean what you think. Its commonly mistaken, but a Masseuse is where "happy endings" come from, so it isn't the same thing as a Massage Therapist lmao

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 20:00:43 )

@jolly:
Oh! ...Well I've had those, too, but that's definitely not what I was talking about! Thank you for correcting me.

So says...

Questing:
Haunting

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 20:03:58 )

Hahaha yeah they're different things. Massage therapists here go to great lengths to avoid sexual harassment so they take it seriously. xD
I mean, it still happens all the time sadly.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 23:58:37 )

I finally got a RLC and accidentally sent the wrong email for my paypal. That email is to an old broken paypal account I forgot about.
So they've been charged (ive seen the confirmation) and I'm all dumbD:

I literally cant do anything today without messing up

*edit
ahhh even more embarrassment she went through trouble of trying to get it refunded to send it to me properly
bless this person
my retail customers would have me at the stake already
ptsd

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 15:31:04 )

I'm glad that didn't go as terribly as it could have! There are nice people out there, still~ I think the main issue is people are trained to feel entitled in retail situations, so it feels like a personal insult when things don't go perfectly.
So says...

Questing:
Bouncer
Candy Cane Lane
Haunting
Unique Bases

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 18:07:51 )

People in retail are just big babies. Most of them are fine and friendly, but the ones that aren't like to take it to the next level. Especially this month its like people are extra angry here xD

But yeah, I habitually feel like people are gonna be the same with RLC transactions but
only one time I've had a problem in all the several years I've been doing these.
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 18:42:26 )

That is a very good record, my friend. Let's hope the trend continues!
So says...

Questing:
Bouncer
Candy Cane Lane
Curious Case
Haunting
Oracle
Unique Bases
Vaughn's Belt
Veles

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/25 02:43:01 )

Howdy howdy

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.