Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ❀ Spring Shack ❁

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/24 23:07:45 )
@Jolly: Yeah, seems I caught a viral infection a few days before Christmas. At least it got me out of two exhausting car rides!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 23:16:12 )

@rollrobin:
oh geez, I hope you're feeling better by now!
I'm at about an 8/10 today. still getting there.. but at least I was finally able to kiiiiiiind of sleep last night. my infections got so painful I couldn't fall asleep for more than about 3 minutes for 4 nights straight. by xmas day yesterday I could barely stand upright i was so exhausted :vanora_stunned:

woke myself up this morning to the loudest snore i ever could've managed, that sleep was so much needed lmao

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/27 04:27:42 )
@Jolly: Ohhh gosh yeah I've been there before! I am feeling much better today now, but I think I gave it to my boyfriend Hopefully you can get some rest soon, being sick is one of the most draining things ever.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 04:42:29 )

@rollrobin:
I ended up getting worse xD but now im better again, just shaking off a cough.
luckily i have been off from work all week to get some proper rest in.

seems i come back to some new events happening on here too :D

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 23:36:30 )
@Jolly: Oh we're in the same state then now haha! Glad you could get some rest. And gosh, the solstice event is really nice!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 19:43:18 )

@rollrobin:
my tired out-of-context brain thought you meant state as in place like.. how they know where I live o:<
anyway yes, I love the new items for the event! Our artists are doing such a great job here

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 23:19:58 )

My attempt at being productive on new years

gimme a year to actually finish it though

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 23:32:12 )

Howdy howdy

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 00:48:33 )

Been a little minute since I posted in here.
About time that I do, now that I'm procrastinating on art rn

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:17:03 )

-----------------------------
@jolly:
Do you still use this...?

So says...

Questing:
Haunting

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:19:59 )

@avocado:
Its been inactive, but yes I still use it c:

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:22:53 )

Wonderful! I can hide out in here and pretend I'm actually pixeling.
So says...

Questing:
Haunting

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:23:39 )

LOL
me too
I'm actually working on non-pixel art though, so I'm not compleeeeetely procrastinating!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:26:04 )

I also want to try out making coloring books for KDP--but it's pointless, because I don't have my PayPal set up and my bank account is closed. So technically-not-but-actually-am procrastinating...
So says...

Questing:
Haunting

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:27:59 )

Ohh, what is KDP? That sounds like a fun project. Also, you can set up a paypal without a bank account, but I think it only holds the money for a certain amount of time. Cant remember if its years or months, but I\d look into that~

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:35:03 )

KDP is Kindle Direct Publishing. Print-on-demand and digital books. You can choose to have one or the other or both when you upload your work. For a coloring book, you just upload images. They actually walk you through it pretty well on the site, just make sure you mind the bleed, or you might get rejected. You can also make a pretty penny for notebooks and sketchbooks, I'm told, if you just make all the inner pages lines or stationary type of thing. I know you can use them to make desk calendars (unless someone is willing to drill or nail a hole through the cover).

I appreciate the tip, but I want to set it up for my primary income, so I'd rather not risk it. I don't want to open a bank account until I have money to cover it.

So says...

Questing:
Haunting

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:49:19 )

Ohhh that sounds so much fun! I'll look into it here in a moment. Not that I have time for big projects right now xD
But I'm good at trying!

Makes sense. Have you looked into credit unions for banking? They're not as secure as a bank-bank, but they're free. I think the one I used to have only required that I keep $50 in my checking to keep my savings open, and a minimum of $5 in savings to keep it all free. Thats a good practice to have anyways xD
The fraud I had to resolve a couple of times was annoying for sure, but I would still recommend credit unions for people who don't have enough income to hold a bank account yet. Then, when you're solid, its super easy to close them out and transfer to a more secure place.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 20:54:06 )

I'll have to look into that. It sounds like it could fit my needs.
So says...

Questing:
Haunting

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 20:54:51 )

Forgot to add: KDP is free! Both in the fact you retain your own creative copyrights, and also in that they don't charge you to list.
So says...

Questing:
Haunting

Questing:
Bouncer
Candy Cane Lane
Curious Case
Haunting
Oracle
Unique Bases
Vaughn's Belt
Veles

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 21:01:24 )

Awesome! I'm sure they take a percentage of whatever you'd earn, assuming these are paid for things. But considering the service is helpful thats usually fine with me.
I need to practice on my lineart before I really bother with coloring book pages. Need to figure out how to make it look more interesting xD
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.