Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Coloring Books

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/23 19:21:00 )

I love to color in coloring books! It's one of my top hobbies. So I'm curious if anyone else does.

Do you color? What kind of books do you like? What media do you color with? etc...?

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/23 19:26:29 )

My favorite type of books I've decided, are teen coloring books. They aren't easy to find, but I found some great ones on Amazon. I like adult coloring books, but sometimes the spaces are too small and it becomes tedious to color. There are some good adult ones, but teen ones are also fun shapes! XD

I like to color with Sharpies best. Markers are just one of my favorite medias, and sharpies dry slow enough that if you color right you can get it streak free, and it' a smooth solid color. I have a lot of other markers though, including Zebra Midliners (from Japan) that are streaky but somehow I love the way it looks at the end. And Tombow has a line of watercolor markers the blend pretty well and look kinda watercolory. They aren't the best markers for looking like watercolor, but they don't tend to destroy the paper of an ordinary coloring book, which more watery markers can.

I also have colored pencils, and crayons. (Including glitter crayons) but I just don't use them as much.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/23 19:29:52 )

I used to, though now I generally just draw instead. For mindless fun I like to make mandalas. They're very relaxing.

But when I did color, I liked good ol' crayons. The big box with the bajillion colors and built in sharpener. I tended to like books with cartoons or flowers.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/23 19:42:12 )

@Priestess of Pie: I love drawing mandalas! In fact, I draw them so often I ended up making a mandala coloring book. XD
I'm going to be trying to make snowflake mandalas next, though it's a different technique so I'm not sure how it will go.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/23 19:50:34 )
I colored in some leftover children's coloring books from work and it was very relaxing. I didn't really like to color when I was little because I associated it with school.

[Quests][Store]

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/23 21:17:21 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I loooooove coloring fantasy and fairytale coloring books. :3 I even have an Avatar Last Airbender one that I will touch one day.

I use a mix of copic markers, blendable colored pencils, distress pastels, prisma markers, and micron pens when I’m coloring.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/23 21:54:43 )

@Kira: in recent years coloring has become one of the top suggestions for destressing and helping with anxiety. Psychologists are all for it. I’m glad you found it relaxing!

@Tsundererra: wow, sounds like you have a whole art studio going! In high school I had a copic marker set, but I just don’t have the money for good quality art supplies anymore. >.<

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/23 22:21:52 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Ooh if I have coloring posters I like to livestream as I color them
As for books, i have a lot of variety, from shapes to patterns to swearing cats

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/23 22:24:54 )

I have a friend who bought me a coloring book like, three-ish years ago or sumin?
I barely touched the thing and I kinda feel bad about it. I wanted to use it to improve my coloring.

Truth of the matter is, coloring frustrates me a lot. But I think it's also the pressure of wanting to be at a certain level so I'm just not letting myself enjoy it cause I'm too wrapped up in trying to "git gud" as they say.

Other than the coloring book though, I usually use SAI for any kind of art. If it's traditional, I like pencil crayons.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/23 22:49:53 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Lina: My art tools have taken years and many coupons to build up.
I had more stuff, but my parents let my kid cousins play with them when I was at work, and they destroyed quite a bit of my collection.
It’s been years since that, and I still haven’t fully recovered. ;A;

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/23 23:15:12 )

@Vermii: coloring is supposed to help you relax, not add to the stress. But I feel that way when it’s a really complicated coloring page. SAI is the best art program! <3

@Tsundererra: oh no! That sounds horrible! I’d have been so upset if that happened to me. Art supplies cost too much for kids to use them!!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/23 23:32:47 )
I like to print out anime coloring pages, I like coloring with crayons because the colors look good

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/23 23:35:10 )
@Lina: I have colored coloring pages or books, but usually I prefer to just doodle on my own blank sheet of paper... coloring -or not- as the mood strikes. It can be quite relaxing (either the coloring books or my doodling).

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/23 23:59:03 )

@Wildfire: I’m too critical of my own art, doodling isn’t relaxing for me. I get too caught up in making it perfect. >.<

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 00:12:56 )
@Lina: There's a difference between doodling something that is purely just a doodle and doodling something that is supposed to make sense. The first is doodling. The second is sketching. And I completely understand how that can become un-relaxing really quickly!

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 01:23:20 )

@Wildfire: I don’t think I can doodle. I NEED to make sense. I can’t draw without a plan in mind. That’s maybe why I like to color, I can finally stop stressing. XD

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 01:54:47 )
@Lina: That makes sense, then, for you.
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/25 08:32:16 )

About 4 years ago I was in the hospital and my little sister brought me a mandala coloring book! It was awesome because it helped my paranoia. It was nice of her. Now I love mandala coloring books. I collect many books. <3

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 00:12:36 )

@inatlaka: that sounds like an amazing experience! I’m glad you found something that helps you!
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 00:26:37 )
@Lina:

Yes it is an amazing memory I will cherish forever. I will always think of her when I see those <3 :)

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.