Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat spooky stories!

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 19:22:46 )

whats up my dudes SO in honour of spooky month™, i want to hear your spookiest stories!
they can be personal encounters, stories you've read/heard, creepypastas, even videos about strange web series or reddit happenings from Nexpo or ReignBot (theyre my personal favourite)
i have 2 strange stories, one was a sighting and the other was just really weird, feel free to click the spoilers to read them!
now, tell me your best stories!

so this happened about a year after my dad died, so i was around 6. whenever i tell someone this they tell me it mustve been my imagination, but i SAW it.
anyway, so i was laying in bed, staring at the ceiling, and the curtains started moving. it was winter so the window wasnt open, so obviously i was confused. i looked back up the ceiling, and there was this pale blue swirl thing above me with a bunch of faces in it. one of them being my dads. it lasted for around a minute and then disappeared, and ive never seen it since
somehow i wasnt scared, but my dad has been in a few dreams too so i just think he was visiting me, thanks dad

this one was also after my dad died (wow a pattern) but im not sure how long after. me and my brother had this light up ball, it made noise and it kind of looked like a pretzel lmao
so during the day we had friends over and we were playing with the pretzel ball, and we had left it out side for some reason. so we were in our room, supposed to be in bed, but we heard the ball making noise. so, we looked out of our mums bedroom window since it faced the back yard, and we could see the ball lighting up. we told our mum who obviously didnt belive us but she said she'd look for it in the morning.
the thing is, the ball was no where to be found when she looked. our mum cut the grass at some point and the ball was literally no where. we never found the thing. we moved when i was 10 and we havent seen the ball since that night, so i guess rip pretzel ball.
oh also my brother doesnt remember it, but my mum remembers the ball but not being told it was alive at night.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 19:29:30 )
I don't really have stories so much as rumors regarding my high school and college. High school was Catholic and the college building used to belong to some nuns or something, not sure. But both have this rumor about ghost nuns. High school, rumor was that during early hours of the morning, a ghost nun would roam the hallways. College, one of the staircases was haunted by a nun and you had to be careful because she had a habit of pushing people down the stairs.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 19:40:22 )

@LordLucre: ghost nuns, spooky
guess the stair nun was doing the lords dirty work, huh
haunted schools are so CREEPY tho omg

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 19:42:30 )
@buggaboy: Never had a run in with either. Knowing my dad, he'd probably say something like "See? Even where you study, there are ghost nuns. It's a sign from the Lord!" He used to joke around a lot about me becoming a nun when I was a kid.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 19:52:25 )

@LordLucre: ah the sign that u gotta be a nun
seriously tho im glad u havent seen them yourself, that'd be really creepy

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 19:54:47 )
@buggaboy: I'd rather just leave them be. I'm not the type that likes to bother people, and if they're off doing whatever it is ghost nuns do, why should I go around bothering them?

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 20:07:33 )

@LordLucre: true true, they also wont push u down the stairs if u dont bother them!

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 20:25:23 )
@buggaboy: Just leave the spoops be.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/3 00:48:54 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

My stories aren’t as interesting as yours. There was one time my cousin and I saw a shadow figure we thought was her brother in the hall, but then her bro came in 15 minutes later and no one else was in the house. I always felt like I was being watched in that house too, but it wasn’t menacing. Just made me paranoid.

Also, I love your beard. The dark pink looks like a tongue. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/3 02:25:12 )

Since 1103 posts.

Oh man. I have a lot of stories I've heard both local and personal encounters but I'll just stick to one story :3.

..... were at my aunt's house. My aunt lives with a friend, and that friend was also pretty close to my family. I was super young so I don't remember this happening as I grew older but my mom still remembers it vividly. When I was 3 my mom wanted to ask the friend a question so we walked over to her room together. While my mom went to peek into her room I was waiting in the hallway for her. Apparently I had started crying and my mom was asking me whats wrong and I pointed down the hallway saying there was a girl in white. My mom thought I was talking about my Aunt's friend but then she remembered that she was asleep in the room. My mom looked down the hall and saw the white figure I had seen. Like I mentioned, I don't remember what I saw but according to my mom she saw a headless child in a white dress. My mom immediately grabbed me and we ran into the kitchen area where my aunt was.
Mom told her what we saw and my aunt just casually replied "Oh thats the guardian angel of this house" .

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/3 02:26:53 )

I have no spooky stories but I am living for this thread.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/3 03:45:37 )
BUCKLE UP MY FRIENDS-
Disclaimer-I'm not the best story teller, but these are my freaky stories. XD

I will call my first installment

I was 8 when we moved into this house and my first night there, I saw a woman sitting on my bathtub. She had black eyes, a white dress, dark hair and she was completely soaked.
I find out later that the house itself was placed on top of the site of a house that burned down. You could find all kinds of porcelain figurines if you went under the house.

Speaking of the house itself, it was completely ridiculous. It's the Frankenstein's Monster of homes. Someone got two halves of trailer houses that were made in the 70's and mushed them together. Then put rock aaaaaalll around the outside to make it look like it wasn't 2 trailer halves. and then the add-ons... my goodness. None of this house was up to code- I'm sure of it. I got lost in a 3 bedroom house more times than I could count when I first moved in.

I claimed for YEARS that the house was haunted because of the awful feelings I'd get in my bedroom- like something was watching me and trying to get me. I'd literally sleep with my back in the corner of my room so that I could see all around me.
I would hear my mom calling me in this tiny house and when I'd walk to the family room, she never actually called to me. The opposite happened too. She'd hear me screaming in my room and come to my rescue and when she got to my room, I was fine and hadn't been screaming at all. When I moved out, she would hear music coming from my room and still hear me calling for her.

My friends all heard growling in the kitchen when they would stay the night and refused to go there alone.

We would find knives in random places in the house that we didn't put there. My favorite was by a statue of a dog.

Things would fall. All. The. Time. In rooms that you weren't in, in rooms you were in... it didn't discriminate.

Wild animals would crawl under the house to die. (underneath my old bedroom that I called the demon room because of how terrible I felt in there)

My toys would make noise when they weren't in use and in a few instances, when the batteries were out.
The worst was this Amazing Ally doll that would say "Goodbye" in my closet at night.

My cat would pace the edge of my bed at night as if she were protecting me. She would also fluff up and hiss at "nothing."

One moment of brilliance when I was 15/16 had me bring 2 of my friends over and we set up the ouija board. I didn't exactly believe in it and thought my friends were just messing with me, but we decided to play with it late into the night and then at 3am. We'd always heard not to do it at 3am, so what else would we do? Anyway, I can't remember what the board was saying, but it was repeating itself. We kept trying to force it to goodbye to end it, but then my bedroom door started banging open and shut. I had put full laundry baskets in front of it to alert me to a parent trying to come in. All of my friends were in my room with me and my parents were asleep. When we forced it to goodbye, the door went still again.

I would see monstrous things at night and could not sleep with the light off. I can't even describe the things I saw/do them justice. I'd never seen them in movies or anywhere else. I'd just press myself against the wall and read a book until my eyes couldn't open anymore. They would be beside my bed or on my ceiling. Friends that stayed over would report seeing odd things too and most of the time they would suggest we just stay at their house instead.

Installment #2 will be called

The frankenstein house was on an acre of land with a large tree line in the back that led to a fence that led to more trees.

We had our "forts" set up in the trees along the back of the property, but there were all of these discarded things back there. Mattress springs, pots and pans, toys, etc. Everything was nice and rusty.

We would find bare footprints in the mud back there. We didn't go barefoot back there because of snakes. It wasn't us. Someone with a foot slightly bigger than mine was in my backyard multiple times running through.

I went further back into the land/the neighbors land for funsies one afternoon and found this rock wall that was about hip height. the ground behind it was level at the top, but the ground in front dipped down. It had letters in a semi-circle at the bottom that led to the part that was covered. The letters were not in any language I could understand. I tried to dig down to see more of it, but got this overwhelming feeling that something terrible was about to happen while I was digging and I ran back to my house. I was 15 and didn't have a cell phone or I'd totally have taken a picture of it. I haven't gone back there since.

I was on the roof of my shed one night on the phone with my boyfriend at the time when I saw a creature that was completely hairless, nude colored, and had these gross looking hind legs. They looked almost human, but oddly jointed. The face and stature was dog-like. It turned and stared at me with black eyes from the tree line. I was telling my boyfriend about it as it was happening and he started freaking out. He told me to jump down and run to the house and not to go back outside that night no matter what I heard. I still can't get the image of that creature out of my head. I was 17.

I have other family stories too, but these are all occurrences that happened to me.

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/3 03:56:48 )

Since 1103 posts.

@Mousy: woahh you had to truly freaky stuff happen to you, I would have refused to stay in my own home x_x

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/3 18:57:46 )

@Tsundererra: shadow figures are like, the strangest thing. what are they? WHO are they? why are they there? pay rent if ur gonna be there like,,
also thank u i love the beard sm LMAO

@Alexis: oh my gosh imagine just going to someones house and theyre like oh btw we have a WHOLE GUARDIAN GHOST LIVING HERE

@Priestess of Pie: SAME im so glad i made it omg

@Mousy: hi your house was actually haunted what the hell why did u stay there omg
ALSO the last one, THAT WAS A SKINWALKER. U SAW A SKINWALKER.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/3 19:22:45 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@buggaboy: Yeaaah, they are freaky because not even mediums know wtf they are. Plus they do creepy things, like poke their heads from around corners to look at you.
I did the grinch looking recolor for the beard, so I hope you can use it for Christmas. :)

@Mousy: OH SHIET, THAT SOUNDS LIKE A SKINWALKER. Your bf of the time saved you. )x

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/3 19:58:54 )

@Tsundererra: they stare at u like helloooo i am here notice meeee
shadow people u dont live here stop spying on us ):
LMAO I NOTICED THAT ONE thank u for the grince recolour it beautiful *chefs kiss*

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/3 21:46:18 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@buggaboy: Hahahaha, forreal, they are the “senpai pls notice me” of the spirit world. xD
I read and watch so many paranormal stuff, and I still don’t get them.

Thank yooou~ I’m glad you appreciate the coloring. And I love your creepy butterfly avi!

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/3 21:57:01 )

@Tsundererra: oh god SAME
ive never understood them, they make even less sense than skinwalkers LMAO
and thank u!! i couldnt figure out the pants so now its just,, a naked bug hehe

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/3 22:04:35 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@buggaboy: You could always Veles it. xD It’s my go-to for black legs.

And omg, at least we kinda have an origin story for skin walkers, but all we know about shadow people is that they were never human. Are they inter-dimensional beings? Aliens? x__x

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/4 03:01:03 )
@alexis: I had no choice. xD It's all fun to look back on, but I don't visit my childhood home if I can help it. and I absolutely WON'T sleep in my childhood room. My cat still protects me when I'm there.

@buggaboy: soooooo I'd been doing searches for years for what I saw and had never come across skinwalkers, but after reading up on it, I totally saw one. Also accidentally on purpose read all kinds of stories about them and I'm never sleeping again. XD

I think it's really interesting that it's a native american thing too because I was in Oklahoma at the time and Helllooooo Trail of Tears anyone? My boyfriend at the time would not tell me what he thought it was and he was absolutely a native american. The nearest town was near a reservation. I lived out in the middle of nowhere with my 3 neighbors. At my school, all of the Native American kids got like presents at Christmas and free school supplies. We had a pretty large population. I have native blood as well- Not enough for free college ( I was one generation off from that) BUT more than Elizabeth Warren. I wasn't connected enough to know the stories or anything though.

@tsundererra: ^^^^^^^^^^^ At least the BF was good for something right?
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.