Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The Lupa Clan: Where Werewolves plus other peoples gather

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 05:58:45 )
@GodsandPunks:

I just remembered that Lupa has CHB rp going on discord

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 06:00:55 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

@Fenava: Oh yeah! I'm in that group haha. Though not much rp has been happening yet tbh. I've been drawing some of the OC's there though.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 06:02:06 )
@GodsandPunks:

He started another one?

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 06:12:59 )

@Fenava: I guess so? I met him on Pillow Fort and he invited me to a discord to rp PJO stuff. I didn't realize it wasn't his only one x')

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 06:19:20 )
@GodsandPunks:

Huh

@LupaPrinceRomulus:

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 06:38:59 )

@Fenava: we should maybe ask him about this x') its not like its a crime to have more than one discord or more than one rp group; but I'm just a bit confuesd rn haha. I'll probably pm him on discord about it lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 06:40:22 )
@fenava:
@godsandpunks:

It's a long story, really.
Also this event's gonna be awesome for its event items to trade with.

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 06:41:40 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: That doesn't make it less confusing x')

but yeah, its nice to get a shot at some nice items that are basically free with participation

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 06:50:07 )
@godsandpunks: One of them happened before we met, and another's for after we met.

The better to find more artists with, later.

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 06:57:23 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: I see.

Ya know that kind of makes it seem like you only want free art out of people and that feels bad dude.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 07:08:08 )
@godsandpunks: Actually I have a few role-play projects I'm trying to help complete before 2022 happens onward.
It feels pretty bad to realize that the upcoming CHB series at most is likely gonna arrive on 2022 by then, and knowing that is gonna affect a lot of plans on how we resolve those projects.

Actually I'd pay in terms of on-site currencies when I can, but after Gaia got FUBAR'd something nasty, paying in on-site currencies for sites like these ended up as far LESS commonplace than it once was before those Dark Ages happened.
I hope Voltra don't get Dark Age'd like what happened to Gaia, to say the least. :(

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 07:24:47 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: That makes sense. Tbh I'm always like half a series behind on a Riordan title so I didn't realize we were that close to another series. It's very understandable to want to finish your rp plot before canon comes in and changes your continuum. I also don't have a problem with people having more than one RP group. I've got 2 tabletop groups, with completely different people in them. There's no problem with it.

Honestly though,,, on-site currencies can't pay for bills unless there is a real world currency transfer, and even then that conversion rate is usually very bad for the artist. Like,, you aren't paying me anything at all for art of your characters, but you need to understand that artists put a lot of time and effort into learning their craft. Its the same thing as an engineering earning a college degree to become allowed to build bridges. You spend the time learning the craft that other people don't have time or interest to do, and so you should be valued for actually putting the time into it. The way you talk about artists is not very appreciative of that. The fact that you've gotten free art at all is something you should treasure.

I can charge 60+ USD for a commission of the same quality I'm doing right now. And that's not pride or overcharging, that's pretty standard for the industry. I'm not saying this to make you feel bad either, just to try and make you understand. You need to be gracious to artists who are willing to be paid in "website currency" instead of something they can actually live off of. You need to be extra gracious for people who will make you art for free. Saying something like
LupaPrinceRomulus:
The better to find more artists with, later.

makes me feel like you didn't really care about me as a person in your discord, but you cared about the service you could get out of me that you didn't even really have a way to pay for. And just because we have become friends doesn't make this feel less bad. It frankly feels like you are using me for my art and it doesn't feel nice.

And I know you are a better person than that, so I am telling you this because I want you to know the way your words come across. You need to not act like you are entitled to art or work from someone else just because you are friends or friendly with them, and especially not just because you ask. Now I'm using this piece I'm working on as a good portfolio item, and it makes good programming for my Twitch Stream, so I made this something I can actually get value out of, but that isn't usually doesn't float. Please don't ask artists for free art anymore. They deserve more respect, and need to make a living.

Nagisa | 25+ | INFJ
xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx

Find me on: Buzzly.art | Twitter

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 08:03:49 )
@godsandpunks:

Okay.
I feel really bad that, college troubles to come or not, it's like I've been putting the mission first before people, when it should be the other way around.
It's just so nuts, and it feels like it's hurting worse.

And roger that.

I feel like I've gone worn out, lately from an in-general standpoint.
Generally speaking, it's gotten harder to do role-player responses in general, and if it isn't crossover RPs or fandom-specific RPs I'm most familiar with, I get sluggier and those I'd RP with don't deserve that trouble from me. T_T

I've gone mission-centric rather than people-centric lately, and it's hurtful to me, you, everyone, and that's not right.

I feel like as of late, I've been turning to this hang-out more to have confidants to confide in than whatever reasons besides Werewolf meetings and stuff to do.

You all deserve better from me, and I mean it, and at the end of the day I want to make sure that me and those I've met are allowed an honest sense of mutual satisfaction.

More importantly than ever, people matter at the end of the day, and if I lose sight of that, it's on me, and I don't want to lose sight of that.

I'm sorry about that, and sorrier still to everyone in here I've been bottling until now.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 14:50:35 )
I just woke up and I'm cranky

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 15:56:02 )
@fenava: The apology in my post last night's for you too.
I should've confided in you more, too.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 16:01:34 )
@LupaPrinceRomulus:
It's okay

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 16:12:54 )
@fenava: If there's any general thing I'd want from 2020, may it be riddled in less severe skull-f-uck3ry than 2016 ended up being, I mean every word of that.
For 10 years of my life I've been mission-centric, that has to get dialed down here or else it'll haunt me later.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 16:14:21 )
@LupaPrinceRomulus:

Okay

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 16:15:59 )
@fenava: It may be an ongoing habit since 2010 happened, but mark my words it got far worse when 2016 onward happened.

Anyways how goes your day?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 16:18:52 )
@LupaPrinceRomulus:

Cranky and hungry

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.