Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback August Crate Items Feedback Thread

Npc — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 14:49:34 )

Hey Volties, we could really use your feedback. We at Voltra are always watching and listening, so the more response
we got to these sort of things the more we can improve your experience here!

Now we know that sometimes perhaps a set is not your cup of tea or doesn't fit your particular style, so try to look for things that we could use constructively. Like for example: If this pose was made this way and you could equip it like this then I would find use for that set more in my outfits. Or another example would be: This particular mod or pose is being repeated, I'd like to see x and y being offered as well.

★✩✩✩✩

In order to create a standard rating we will be doing a five star rating review. So for each set your reviewing do a 1/5 ; 2/5 ; 3/5 ; 4/5 ; 5/5 to let us know how much you like the overall set.

We are looking for feedback regarding the way the sets layer, originality, variety in poses, etc. But don't restrict yourself to these categories, those are just some suggestions for the direction you can take your feedback in.

We do ask that you try to keep your feedback constructive and don't just say "It looks bad, I don't like it." As it's not very useful to us.

Here is a template to start off your review:

[b]Harvest Deity[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Pinstripe Bunbun[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Tree Spirit[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Nefarious Guard[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

Thank you for taking your time to write this feedback, you are being very helpful!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 15:55:25 )
    Harvest Deity
    [size=15]★★★★✩
    This is a very cool item and I love the detailing, especially on the skirt. It is a little hard to layer with because of the colour scheme but I think that's bound to happen with an item based around grapes.

Pinstripe Bunbun
    ★★★✩✩
    This is a very cute item! I love the shading on the leaves it's very well done but saying that, the leaves do seem a bit random. Also, it isn't really pinstripes, but maybe that's just me.

Tree Spirit
    ★★★★✩
    This one is my favourite! Nicely executed and the colour schemes work well. I particularly like the shading on the wooden parts, they really do look like the knots of a tree.
[/size]

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Wet Possum Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/11 19:01:43 )
Harvest Deity
★★★★✩
I really love this item, especially the head piece. I am actually currently working on an avi for this item specifically. It just seems to me that the arm that is holding the grapes wants to layer BEHIND the head so it looks like I'm holding my head as if I have a headache and the grapes aren't very visible. I love the colors, especially the dark blue/green and the gold/white. The detailing in the item is also very nice. I just wish there was also a pose without the wine spilling out. Other than the layering problem, I would have given it a 5/5

Pinstripe Bunbun
★★✩✩✩
This is kinda lacking for me. It doesn't have a lot of poses I feel like. The layering is fine, the color scheme kinda feels like it's repeating the same pink/white/green and red/black color story. Also, assuming that Bunbun is supposed to be for bunny, it didn't feel very rabbit like in design. But then again that may not have been what the item was going for.

Tree Spirit
★★★✩✩
I still don't have this item. I feel like I would use it some, but it's not my favorite either. I wish the hair was smaller leaves, and maybe more poses. The color scheme is also fine, but not my favorite. It kinda gives me Summer Deer vibes.

Nefarious Guard
★★★★✩
I still really love this item even though I don't have it. The poses and the colors are excellent and I feel like it would be a very versatile item. I can't really say much more since I haven't used it yet.
My Hangout
Call me, ping me, if you wanna reach me

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 21:56:08 )

I already gave feedback on Nefarious Guard and Tree Spirit in a previous thread, so I'll just do the two current CIs here:

Harvest Deity
★★★★✩
I really appreciate getting a different theme with this one, first off, and I think the poses work really well with that theme. I love the colors chosen for it, both the main and the recolors. The only color issue I have, honestly, is the fact that on the red/white/gold scheme, the grapes and wine are different colors, as are the wristbands on the left and right arm. I think that one could have been handled a little better, though overall it still looks nice. The biggest problem with this item is the hand with the grapes layering behind the head, rather than in front of it where it should be. I think this was a bug or mistake, though, since it appears to layer in front in the picture from the announcement. So I won't count that against it if it wasn't intended to work that way. Another thing I really appreciate with this item is that we get 5 color choices for the columns/steps in the background, so we're not limited to overuse of a single dominating color (which happens a lot when recolors have fewer colors).

Pinstripe Bunbun
★★✩✩✩
I didn't care as much for this one; I don't feel like the design or theme gave us anything new, and the poses are pretty lackluster IMO. Probably my least favorite part is the sleeves on the top. I could stand to see a lot less sleeves that cover the hands, and these in particular hang awkwardly against the sides of the body. It makes the whole item feel stiff, especially combined with the lack of any particularly eye-catching poses. I agree there's not much "bunny" element here, especially realizing what the design is referencing. While I'm not a fan of such references, I feel like the theme could have been taken further, with more original elements either way. As for the color choices, they're OK. I like the pink/green, and while the black/red doesn't stand out much among other items, it works well with this item's design. I'm iffy on the purplish one; I think a color scheme that differed more from the other two, like a cool color or green or something, would have been more interesting. All that said, I do like the pants; I wish we had more clothing items with patterns on this site! The falling leaves, while also nothing new (we have several similar items already), are at least a nice touch and pretty versatile. Those are the only two poses I will probably use from this item.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/15 02:59:58 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Harvest Deity

★★★★✩
The poses on this one had a lot of variety, like we got hand + feet mods, clothes, head + body accessories, AND a background! The hand mod holding the spilling wine glass was my favorite. I was not a fan of the grape sash. It lies awkwardly on the avi’s body. The colorings if this one could’ve been better too... but it’s a solid item that I can see being used and played around with.

Pinstripe Bunbun

★★★✩✩

I thought this one would be my favorite item out of the two crate items since I loooove bunnies, but it did not sparkle with me when I was playing around with the poses. The ear mod was my favorite thing because it reminds me of a CLAMP-inspired magical creature. It could be easier to use if it had different colorings than the ones it has now... the black and red one just feels out of place with the other lighter colors and does not fit with the cute concept. The top with the long sleeves is solid too. My problem is with the pants... like... omg, they just look so goofy. I haven’t seen anyone rock them yet either. From what I’ve seen so far, everyone uses the bunny ears and top, and then substitutes with a skirt bottom, which seems to go better with the concept. Even cute short shorts or different styled pants would’ve worked better. Finally saw someone rocking the pants in a good way (I think it was Lilypoo...), now my biggest issue is the coloring. xD

Tree Spirit

✩✩✩✩✩

Already reviewed last month.

Nefarious Guard

✩✩✩✩✩
Don’t own the item.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/19 19:53:25 )
Harvest Deity
★★★★★
The colors on this one are great. Recolors are really satisfying as well. This one is very well done. The pillars in the background really bring it together as well. The shading is phenomenal. Really great job. I like how the pose conveys a certain attitude. Very fitting. I can't really say anything bad about this one! ^_^

Pinstripe Bunbun
★★★★✩
I'll start out by saying I really do love this one. The recolors are nice to me as well. The only thing I would say gives this 4 instead of 5 stars to me, is the lack of posing. It does make it seem stiff. I think it would be a lot cuter if perhaps one of the arms were lifted, and a little leg angling, like the sketch shows. I actually really like the pants. Unique how the bunny ears are like a clip on head piece. I think it is great.

I have already rated the other two in last months thread. ^^

Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 08:59:23 )

Harvest Deity
★★★★✩
I love this item, it looks so unique
but yeah kinda sad no green grapes hahhaa xD
What i would change, probably make the leg mod & the grape anklets into separate poses

also i didnt get the point 1/2 pillar pose lol
the different colour in the stairs just looks weird xD
if you want it so we can mix & match the background, i would recommend splitting it into 4 instead of 2
The stairs, the pillar's beam, and each pillar on different poses

Pinstripe Bunbun
★★★✩✩
This is actually a really good item
just that it lacks in variety of poses and colour
all 3 colour chosen are shades of pink xD

also the shirt pose looks a bit weird in the neck area
it covered some part of the face xD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.