Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat More friends!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 18:56:42 )
@howonk: Because they know they're the sizes of human babies.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 23:33:53 )
That's cool. I have a Chihuahua that is pregnant. Babies are too cutes.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/15 19:27:11 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: They shouldn't though? They have no reference point of even knowing what a human baby IS.

@Mystical74: They are !!! (Also I love chihuahuas! Tell all of them I said hi!)

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 01:36:01 )
@howonk: To be fair, some cats can learn how to watch TVs and stuff especially alongside humans, it happens sometimes.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 15:31:38 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: True but thats mimicking an action, not having a reference point of size. Even if a cat did learn EXACTLY what a human baby was, I doubt they'd be able to make the connection they're the same size.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 17:56:54 )
@howonk: Bottom line for my question is, if they can learn how to watch TV from being taught by others how to do this, couldn't others teach them how to know what are the sizes of human babies, let alone correlate their own sizes to that of said babies?

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/17 02:29:57 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: They can, but that won't do much for them I think in terms of the tv watching. And thats more of a command if it's taught, the cat would have to naturally do it on its own to really mean the cat can learn to "watch tv" like the rest of us can. Teaching a cat to learn the size of something would be difficult, and i doubt the cat would even TRY to make the correlation of them being the same size as the baby. Even if they do, they won't care and probably just forget that information very quickly. You have to remember, cats are very different from us, especially in the way they think and behave.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/17 04:24:53 )
@howonk: Some may think like or Act like humans, but socially speaking, Cats are not 100% us regardless in those regards.
So of course they'd think very differently from humans on that front.

Some cats also tend to sleep earlier than we do, too, and each human is different in terms of sleeping hours, habits and whatnot as well.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/18 18:13:46 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: According to catcareofvinings.com, cats "-understand that their human caretakers are larger than they are, they continue to behave around us in the same manner as if they were around other cats. " So I guess they can understand some things are bigger, but I'm not sure about same size. What I mean is like, they can see the size difference and recognize that something is bigger or smaller, but i don't think they would go "oh so i am now the size of a human baby." and start measuring other cats in human baby scale.

That is true, but that's not exactly what I meant by how they think and behave. The way their brink works is very different than ours. If I'm correct, cats sleep over half of their day (so around 10~ ish hours i guess? maybe 13+ idk) and their sleeping patterns can vary just like humans, but I didn't mean the difference in that.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/19 02:52:37 )
@howonk: Well, that's more like it as something to picture.

It feels like that's the case.
Some cats tend to think they're rulers too.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/19 20:38:54 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: Yes, because they rule a territory in our house/ where ever they live. Plus, cats that just knock stuff are just usually playing.

|| Ping me for the fastest response please! ||

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 04:39:19 )
@howonk: They can reign over things like Christmas trees and the like if you let them, too.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 16:35:23 )
@Howonk: I will tell the babies and Momma that you said hello. It's still too early to tell but we shall see how many she has. If she only has one I am keeping it Giggles.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.