Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk So Uhm...I May Be Genderfluid

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 23:46:52 )
I could be wrong since I don't know too much about it, but I've felt different since I was a kid. Like, I could be really girly and such, but also liked a ton of boy stuff as well. Growing up, I preferred dressing up in more masculine-ish type clothing and preferred male titles as well(hence LordLucre). It has me a bit scared and I'm about to cry typing this. I'm not sure how to feel about it or if I'd even be taken seriously...

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 23:55:16 )
@LordLucre: Oh, honey.
Those types of feelings are more normal than you think. :3
Very few people are actually 100% anything.
Go with your gut, it's usually right.

We will love you no matter what.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 23:57:22 )
@Kozi: Thank you... I'm actually terrified of telling my family... If I would start with anyone from it, it'd be my gay brother. But truly, thank you for the words! I'm just glad I could get it off my chest. I have so much going that sometimes I think I'm just crazy.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 00:01:02 )
@LordLucre: The being terrified, now that I can identify with.
I still have family that doesn't, and is probably better off never, knowing certain aspects of me.
Certain people are just not capable of understanding that sort of thing, and that is just another type of person in the world.
That was one thing I am still trying to learn, even now.

Try with your brother first, if he feels like he would be the most receptive. If nothing else, he can probably give you some advice. :3
Or at the very least, be someone who can offer up a good ear and a hug.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 00:09:19 )
@Kozi: Yeah, I know there are people like that in the world. My gay godfather, for reasons unknown, is all iffy on gay marriage(recently made a post who was Adam and who was Eve on a wedding he was invited to, something along those lines). But yeah, I'd start with my brother if anything. He was terrified too from what mom told me. He came out through a letter with my parents. I found out later, though it wasn't because he told me.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 00:14:24 )
@LordLucre: Poor guy. :<
Sometimes a letter can be easiest, though.
Especially if you're worried they might react really badly. x_x;;
Hopefully your brother can be there for you. He sounds nice. :3

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 00:21:55 )
@Kozi: He can be a jerk at times(excels at black humor and sarcasm), but he's the one who watches out for me the most.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 00:38:42 )
@Q t e a p o n: Thank you! I've actually been considering cutting my hair really short again. I know my mom wants it long, but I'm happier when it's a pixie cut. Just need to get the money first.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 00:44:45 )

@LordLucre: honestly it can take a while to figure urself out, some people realise really early, but others realise a lot later
take ur time with it and go with what u feel, u can try out different pronouns, different looks, etc
go with whatever feels right, and remember that u dont have to rush

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 00:46:57 )
@KairoSama: Thank you!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 01:19:48 )

@LordLucre: Omg, I’m trying to draw your avatar for the “Draw the Avatar Above You” thread, and I was wondering if you were gender fluid based on some of the avatars you’ve had. Nothing wrong with that, and I actually liked a lot of your gender-mixed clothing choices.

It’s 2019, and most people don’t care about pushing gender norms like they used to. You’re still you, and you don’t have to explain yourself to anyone if you don’t trust they’ll be able to understand you, family included.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 01:37:58 )
@Tsundererra: Ah thank you! Sorry if I've made it hard to draw since I play around with my avatar a lot.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 02:06:50 )
@LordLucre: Not at all! I took screenshots of all your different styles and chose one. I’m grateful I had so many great options to choose from. I’m almost finished, so expect a notification soon-ish. :D

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 02:07:31 )
@Tsundererra: Ah, thank you so much! x3

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 03:34:55 )
well, first of all congratulations on taking this step and confiding in us! we all are here to support you however we can! i know coming out (as gay) to my family last August was terrifying and because my family (conservative, military) are the way they are, i thought things would never be the same. less than a year later, things are much better than they were before i came out actually. but that's my journey.

just know that things may not go the way you anticipate, in good and bad ways, but loving yourself and being true to yourself is so important if you have that ability. as a cis-male, i don't have any experience personally with gender dysphoria, but feel free to shoot a message or anything if you'd like a (for-now) stranger's advice

anyways i've ranted longer than you probably care for, but yeah. good luck with everything! i'm proud of you!

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 03:37:49 )

It's normal to like a mix of "masculine" and "feminine" things. Most people do. Being gender-nonconforming at times is not unusual, either. This doesn't change your gender identity, though, so take some time to consider where these feelings are coming from and what they really mean for you. There is no rush to figure yourself out, especially if you're not comfortable or ready to talk about it yet.

ALWAYS PING ME

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 07:46:54 )
@LordLucre: we will all still love you, no matter what ♡

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 08:22:20 )

Hey congrats! And just remember you do you ok? ^_^

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 10:42:57 )
@Mermicorn: Aww, thanks!

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, like a friend told me, I'm me no matter what.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 16:43:38 )

@LordLucre: exactly. You gotta love yourself! And we will support you.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.