Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What's something you think everyone should experience in their lifetime?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 00:02:58 )

For me it's seeing the sunrise on a beach. It's beautiful, amazing, magical. It's something that everyone should do once.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 00:11:10 )
I want everyone to experience:

Wandering along the beach or forest aimlessly and without a care in the world, knowing they have no deadlines, no time-limits and knowing they are at peace with themselves, their friends and family, their situation. Just wandering around, looking up at the sky and everything that's around them and just feeling complete and utter peace.

^///v///^

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 00:44:43 )

[ @Totalanimefan: I agree with you on the sunrise at the beach thing. Years ago when my ex and I were still together we stayed on the beach from about midnight to sunrise, it was a pretty magical experience.

Everyone should experience showering in the dark. ]

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 00:59:19 )

@Dragonus Luciferius: Ugh that sound so wonderful. I love being able to take nature in and that really sounds nice.
@Another Movie Addict: That sounds so magical. I want to do that now! I haven't even showered in the dark. What is it like? I would be worried that I would fall.

And y'all didn't have to go with the beach theme haha

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 01:01:18 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm very grateful for the place where I live. There's a beach and plenty of plant-life. Across from my house is a lovely little woodland area. X3

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 01:02:15 )

@Dragonus Luciferius: Oh cool, around where do you live? (don't give me your address or anything like that though lol)

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 01:04:26 )
@Totalanimefan: In a rainy little seaside town in Scotland! It's a bit run-down, but it's not so bad. ^.^

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 01:06:38 )

@Dragonus Luciferius: Oh cool. I'm American but I lived in England for two years. I lived in Preston.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 01:07:31 )
@Totalanimefan: Aweh! Cool! England is pretty nice. Lots of lovely old buildings. X3

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 01:08:20 )

@Dragonus Luciferius: This is true, but I'm from Florida, so I got really bad seasonal depression. Preston is one of the cloudiest cities in the UK.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 01:10:59 )
@Totalanimefan: Pfft... 'Know how that is. Scottish winters are always tough on me. /Hugs! >///^///<

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 01:17:43 )
I love your avatar Hazer! :0

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 01:28:20 )

@Hazer: Hey. I've always thought that if people don't experience various hardships then they can't understand how to be a good person (and how to be empathetic).

@Dragonus Luciferius: I know right. Preston isn't that far from Scotland I was was heckin cold in the winters there.

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 02:51:43 )
Are ya reddy, guyz?!
Working retail and/or food service, yeah
If they go by "I did my time I don't care" they can be restricted until they get that assholery assholed out of them

And/or live without a buncha advantages. None of this "I know so and so" to get away with things, or throw money and get away with it

questShop

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 04:37:40 )
SirLionelNigelConrad:
Every season at least once. Those of us who have winter often forgot most the the world doesn't see the four seasons.

Yeeees! Having grown up in the tropics, I experienced winter and spring for the first time this year! And it was wonderful - winter was a little harsh but still wonderful

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 06:58:06 )

I agree with working in food service and experiencing all of the seasons. I've done both of these. I worked in a restaurant for almost 2 years and I grew up in the tropics but I lived in England for two years and I now live in a place with seasons too.

Traveling to see a different culture or a place that is different from home I think is important too!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 07:53:58 )

[ @Totalanimefan: Showering in the dark is kind of all about feeling, like a hot shower feels amazing when you're not relying on your eyes.

Everyone should also experience getting caught in the rain while hiking in the woods. ]

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 09:20:43 )

@Another Movie Addict: Ah I see. I'll have to try it sometime.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 10:07:49 )

Very simple:

Having a dog

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 10:33:52 )
@Totalanimefan: We layer up with lots of blankets and jumpers. (And fluffy cats.) XD

Come chill at The Treehouse or visit my Item Trading Thread!
[Pixels by Ghost & DragonicKittens!]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.