Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops PWYW ★ Tarot Readings ★ Closed for now

Voltie — Eevee/Eli Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/10 06:29:42 )
@Lufi: Okay!! I'll talk to you later. (:

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/13 22:32:17 )
I would give anything for you to shine down on me

@lufi: me next!!!
Choose a deck if you want: Wild Wood plz
Choose a spread: Odin's Eye or Who Art Thou? Whichever you think would work best here (if you don't wanna pick, help me pick lol)
What is your question?: Am I the writer I want to be?
Any other details?: Questioning my writing abilities/skills, going through long bouts where I don't write at all, losing confidence in possibility of ever getting published
Total Price: 350 volts + tip if I can see the cards in a picture ; u;

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/14 00:19:50 )

@Deaa: Hmm, for this one I think Who Art Thou would work best.
I'll have this done within the next hour or two! I'll get you a picture of the cards! c:

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/14 01:40:09 )

@Deaa:

Wild Wood | Who Art Thou?
Question: Am I the writer I want to be?

★ Card One: Your Mind - The Mirror;
You may feel like you are struggling, but The Mirror offers you a different perspective. This is a time to rest, to refresh so that you can tackle your next goal. You have hidden knowledge and wisdom within you, but you cannot rush to tap into them. You must have patience and trust in yourself.

★ Card Two: Your Eyes - The Pole Star;
This card represents a path that lies in front of you, though you may not see it yet. You will be guided by the stars on your new journey. Whenever you feel lost, look to the stars for guidance. There is much creativity around you, but you need to look hard for it.

★ Card Three: Your Heart - Knight of Vessels;
You have many deep emotions within you, but you may struggle to control them at times. You are imaginative, and unlocking your emotions can help you to turn dreams into reality. You need to be open to exploring your passions. Do not be afraid to try new things or take risks.

★ Card Four: Your Soul - King of Stones;
You find pleasure in security and often struggle if you do not feel secure enough.You are loyal and often look to others for their wisdom. You have a lot of hidden potential that you have not discovered yet, and you may not appreciate yourself as much as you should.

Notes: I think that you definitely have the skills to write, but you need to build your confidence back up slowly so that you don't get discouraged again. There are a lot of things around you to take inspiration from. Knight of Vessels is one of the most creative and imaginative cards in the deck, so your heart is filled with creativity!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/14 16:54:32 )

@lufi: ooffff wo w that was exactly what i needed/wanted to hear
very reaffirming ok thank you imma save it and reread it when im feeling insecure!
and the cards are beautiful!

i want my own deck and learn how to read it, but idk where to buy from (in person, amazon, esty, etc.)
where'd you get yours?

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/15 02:43:19 )

@Deaa: I'm so glad I could help! c:
I've ordered a few from Amazon and the others I picked up from bookstores or local Pagan shops. I really want to buy from Etsy because there are some extremely creative artists, but I haven't had the spare money for that yet. If you decide to get into it, there's a few good starter decks I can recommend besides the two main ones (Rider-Waite and Thoth.)

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/15 17:55:17 )

@lufi: I feel like the ones on etsy would be lovely to own especially cause they're further away from mass production
but also i'm brokey-broke lol
oh yes, please recommend away! i've got a wishlist on amazon lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/16 06:07:36 )

@Deaa: These are some decks that are easy to pickup, that have some type of guide to go with it.

Wild Wood Tarot - The one I used for your reading. It doesn't stick to conventional meanings for most of the cards, but it has a very good guide book to help you learn what the cards mean.

Witches Tarot - This one is based on the traditional deck, with imagery very similar to it, but updated. The artwork is vivid and easy to understand, and it makes reading this deck super easy for beginners. It comes with a nice guidebook to help you.

Deviant Moon Tarot Deck - This is a very unique and popular deck. If you are into creepy things, you might like it. A lot of the cards are downright scary, and the art includes manipulated photos of gravestones, asylums, and other things. The guide included isn't very good, but there's a lot of information for it online, as well as a separate book you can buy. It's pretty easy to figure out what the cards mean by the vibe each card gives off.

Llewellyn Tarot - This was the first deck I ever bought. It is based on Welsh myth and has an extra layer of meanings to the cards. It comes with a very nice book to help you learn. I think this deck is amazing and well made, but I didn't connect very well with it so I gave it to a friend who is more into Welsh stuff.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/16 21:52:50 )

How's your shop been going? ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/16 22:42:00 )

@Totalanimefan: Ahh your avatar is so cute!
It's going well so far! c:

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/17 00:01:52 )

@lufi: Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look them up on amazon~

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/17 05:42:06 )

@Lufi: OMG thanks! I was going to make an avatar just like your current one, but I went with these colors instead ^^;
Nice to hear ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/17 10:06:36 )

@Totalanimefan: I think yours is way cuter!

@Deaa: I hope you find one you like. c:

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/17 17:47:38 )

@Lufi: no way bruh
You got cute ears and a rainbow. I think you win

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 00:17:10 )

@Totalanimefan: We'll just have to agree that it's a tie, because we're both super cute. xD

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 00:56:09 )

@Lufi: Agreed I love the street look you got going on. It kinda reminds me of splatoon!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 03:17:13 )

@Totalanimefan: I love the style of Splatoon, it's so cool. c:

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 06:41:34 )

@Lufi: yeah that game is so cool! And fun to play too

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 12:56:36 )

@Totalanimefan: It is lots of fun. I never got the chance to buy it, but I've borrowed it from a friend a few times.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 16:53:40 )

@Lufi: I’m no good at it but I like watching my husband play! I feel like it doesn’t get enough love.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.