Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Amusing My Past

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 02:34:55 )
He got up and made breakfast for his brother and his patient. He brought his brother breakfast and then enterred Kaitos room.

He was holding a plate of eggs and toast. "I brought breakfast. do you need anything else?" He sounded as tired as he felt.

But still he had a smile on his face as he still loved to cook. Even as something as simple as scrambled eggs and toast. He added spices to the eggs to make them special and he found he liked seeing Kaito enjoy his food.

I wear many faces

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 02:55:42 )
Kaito lowered his hand when he heard the footsteps of the doctor enter the room and he smirked lightly. "Good morning, doc." He greeted, his voice laced with sleep. It seemed though, neither of them got much sleep.

He did perk up a bit when he noticed the plate of food and slowly sat up more only to pause as if his wing shifted when he tried to straighten up so he could eat. "A question, how hard did I hit when you found me?" He asked, trying not to sound like he was in pain. But he was.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 02:59:41 )
He heard that and dug in his bag and injected more pain meds. "You can tell me when your in pain. Im your doctor" he put down the plate.

"As for how hard, you broke a few bones in your wing. Nothing a splint and some bandages cant fix, but youo hit pretty hard." he nodded and sighed.

He yawned loudly as he sat down and went...quiet.

I wear many faces

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 03:08:34 )
Kaito watched him, nodding some when he spoke. He wasn't one for meds.. But, the hell with it. He figured if he broke a few bones king is wing, he was going to be hurting for a short time. Even if he did heal slightly faster than humans.

He glanced at Fijore when he yawned as loud as he did, then fell quiet. Just like before..only this time he wasn't standing. Did he fall asleep? Kaito wasn't sure if he should just leave him be or not, and glanced at the prepared breakfast before slowly beginning to eat.

His cooking really was something.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 03:17:01 )
He was quiet for a while before jolting awake. "Ah sorry.." was all he could say.

"How did you like the food?" he looked to the plate. "If you are wondering, I am a demon." He figured his patient should know that his doctor wasnt human either.

I wear many faces

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 03:33:19 )
Kaito managed to finish the food before the man woke, and he shook his head some at the apology. "Even doctors need sleep." He said, offering him a light smirk.

He glanced down at the plate and smirked some. "Awesome." Kaito said honestly, then glanced back at Fijore. He wasn't really all that surprised. "Well, I guess that makes since." He said.

To him at least, it made since as to why he handled caring for the dark Angel so calmly. Other than his shyness..

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 03:38:54 )
He sighed. He felt awkward now. He wanted to just talk to this man, but found he couldnt.

God forbid Kaito try to touch him. He bit his lip at the thought of it. He sighed and scratched his head. Now he was thinking the worst and he barely knew the guy.,

I wear many faces

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 03:51:34 )
Kaito tilted his head some then it started to get awkward and Kaito sighed inward. "You're my doctor, so I should probably tell you why I push myself and avoid sleeping.." He said quietly.

"Right?" He asked cautiously, hoping this wouldn't be anymore awkward than it was becoming.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 03:56:35 )
"You avoid sleeping?" he looked at him. "Yes you should tell me why. it might explain some things" he nodded.

He got his clipboard ready to write. He waited patiently. Kaitos change of subject gave him a little courage as he was in full doctor mode.

I wear many faces

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 04:34:43 )
Well, maybe avoiding to sleep wasn't really the right term. He pushed himself so that he didn't have to sleep, was that the same thing? Either way, he noticed the change in Fijore's body language and he bit back a small smirk.

"Well.. It's more like sleep avoids me." Kaito murmured sheepishly. "A few years ago, I was in an accident with some other people. A woman and a young girl, but she wasn't really a child. I can't remember who exactly they were or why we were together, but I feel like I should. Anyway, I have hellish nightmares almost every time I fell asleep. They're always changing and someone always ends up hurt or dead.."

By the time he finished he wanted to just crawl under the bed like a cat and curl up. He hated talking about it, it always frayed his nerves. But, Fijore needed to know why he had certain habits.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 04:42:44 )
Fjiore was deathly silent. He understood. "Im...no psychiatrist, but it sounds like some form of PTSD" he stood and searched through his bag. "Ill have to summon my psychiatirst since i cant give you meds for mental illnesses."

He suddenly realised he revealed a bit...more than he had planned so soon after meeting the man. He bit his lip and cursed internally.

He wanted so badly to leave or facepalm.

I wear many faces

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 04:57:54 )
Honestly, he didn't hear much after PTSD except something about a mental illness. What the hell was that? No, he hadn't really ever heard that term before, and now he was stumped. Maybe he should've just kept his mouth shut. Could trauma cause that? Nightmares was one thing, but did it really mess his head up that much?

Kaito soon noticed Fijore's change in attitude and grew even more confused. Did he miss something during his little confusion session? "Sorry.. I blanked after the first few sentences.." He murmured sheepishly, mentality kicking himself for spacing like that. But, if he said something he wasn't supposed to hear, he probably didn't even hear it.

"Not.. Not to sound like a brainless idiot.. But.. What's PTSD?" He asked cautiously, and sounding pretty confused.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 05:06:10 )
He shook his head with a bit of a smile. "You are fine. PTSD stands for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Basically, something happened to you in your past that pretty much broke your mind. Nightmares, fragmented recollection, and sleeplessness are common symptoms" he pulled out a card that was all black.

"Youve mostly locked the event away in your subconsious but you are still experiencing the trauma" he stood up. "im going to have a chat with another doctor i know to get you aperscription to at least help your mind be eased so you can at least get some sleep."

With that he walked out thankful that Kaito hadnt heard that he himself was messed up in the head.

I wear many faces

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 05:21:16 )
I'm loving this so far xD

Kaito blinked when he spoke, concluding that he had most definitely missed something, but Fijore was smiling some so he wouldn't question it.

He listened carefully and made sure not to space out this time, this was serious after all, and it kind of made since once he listened to the full explanation of what the meaning of PTSD wa, and what the affects could have and or cause. That part was still a little confusing.

So then, it wasn't just a recurring nightmare he was experiencing? He quietly watched Fijore leave the room after saying that he would be having a chat with another doctor, then shifted his gaze to the bookshelf to see what kind of books he had.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 05:26:53 )
Most were medical books, but there were some fantasies.

There was one book that stood out. It looked...old. Not tattered but old. It also didnt have a title on its spine. In fact it looked to be more of a journal. There was a distinct blood stain on its spine and another on the front cover, but there was no lock on the journal.

If opened, one could read the accounts of a horrible bloody war. Many a scarring things happened in the book. It would have made a compelling war novel. Whoever the writer was lost friends, lost comrades. The writer was a field doctor, but also seemed to know how to fight with swords. The writer also stated that they sustained an injury to their back, one that never stopped hurting.

The book ended with the end of this war, and only then was it given a name. The writer, and others in the story, had called it "The Great Hell War".

I wear many faces

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 05:36:03 )
Kaito noticed the old and stained book, and he stared at it with his head tilted some. He got a very off-putting feeling from it though, one that gave him the idea that it wasn't a book to be messed with unless by the writer, or current owner, so he averted his eyes and once again closed his eyes to try and rest a little more.

But his ears and senses were listening, and awake, in case Fijore came back anytime soon.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 05:50:56 )
After a few hours, fjiore returned with a bottle of pills. "Here Kaito. This might help" he held out the pills.

He looked to the book and looked at him. "You can read any book up there. I mean any of them" he shrugged. He had no problem with people knowing about his war journal.

If he was being honestly with himself, he liked people knowing that part of his life. It explained why he was a doctor, and that he had some serious experience.

I wear many faces

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 05:59:06 )
Kaito heard him come back and he opened his eyes and he carefully took the bottle of pills and looked it over one good time. Even if he didn't usually take meds, he knew to always look for and read the label telling him when and how to take the pills.

Then he glanced at Fijore. "Thanks, and I'll keep that in mind." He said casually. He'd probably read it while he was here, it did look pretty interesting and he was pretty picky about what books he liked to read.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 06:04:33 )
He nodded. "One twice a day. when you get up and when you go to bed" he offered some water.

"I need to go check on...the other resident." he figured he tried to get some sleep too. So far, kaito looked healthy enough, but fjiore wanted to keep an eagle eye on him.

He got up and left the room once more. He figured tomorrow, hed take the saline iv out and let Kaito roam around so he wasnt stuck to a single room the entire time

I wear many faces

Art Shop
https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7892 Art Dump
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7849 Item Shop
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7944

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 06:28:17 )
Kaito blinked and carefully took the offered glass of water after opening the pill bottle and popping one into his mouth, then drank the water in the glass and set it down on the table. He made a mental note to remember that and closed the bottle back up, setting it down next to the glass.

He nodded to his words about checking on the other resident, and watched him leave the room before glancing at the bookshelf again.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.