Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Festival 2019 The π bar ~~open~~ Raffle Inside~! Come win rares and more!

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 12:12:18 )

@Shadami: Oh my god diets are the worst!! People keep advocating them to me and I am just like.."dude I can't even last one day on that" I tried them, seriously..I admire the people who can do it but food is such a weakness for me. I can't give up my rice..(I'm asian) I get super super cranky if I try to get off it or get too little. I am not sure if rice has drugs in it...

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 12:22:07 )

Carbs. I love carbs.. all carbs really. XD and they're so bad for you. The fad diet is keto. And there is no way. Ever that I will ever do it.
My staple foods. Rice. Bread. Potatoes xD

Asian food is such a weakness to. "What are you hungry for"
Usually it's. How about Chinese. Let's go to the Japanese hibachi grill. Ooo I really want sushi. Think we can find a dish like my old roommate from Burma made? Ooo did you see there is a new Thai place can we go? Pleaaaase?

And of course... Pizza, tacos, or my personal sub. Buffalo tuna BLT.. sounds weird. Super yummy though.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 12:25:03 )

Yeah most diets want to cut out carbs...I can quit bread and potatoes easy..but rice...I can't. My eating out weakness is burgers man...just a big fat juicy burger..omg I cannot resist!! I usually make asian food at home so I dont really go out to eat that XD

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 12:29:31 )

Did we really get to food in two threads? XD
Omg I must be hungrier than I thought through the morning sickness lmao.

I tend to cook at home myself but I can not get the flavor right for certain foods. Asian is one of them t.t
I am pretty darn proud of my rice dishes. I think I'll make some rice today in fact.

My big dish at home lately has been jambalaya... Not Asian. Still rice though xD
I love Cajun food.

No I love food. Yup I love flavor and good food and yum.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 12:37:23 )

@Shadami: hmm I think the trick to asian food is the condiments you use like you gotta get the right soy sauce, oyster sauce and chili sauce. They should taste good even before you put it in your stir fry or fried rice. Takes alot of trial and error. Its just lucky my dad taught me all the good brands to buy.

haha omg I didnt notice we did that! Sorry!! I just love food so much XD All roads lead to food!!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 12:42:05 )

As they should cause food is good!

We tend to use kikkomon and siracha because it's what we can afford right now. The plan is to start experimenting when we're in our own house. :) Apartment right now with almost zero room xD

I know siracha isn't exactly any of the three sauces listed. XD
I also use ginger and terriyaki. Cinnamon and.. pffh a name I'm drawing a blank on. Star anise I think. And garlic. >.> I love garlic.

However... I don't think I've ever cooked with a chili sauce or an oyster sauce. Huh.. I'd need to actually look for them. XD

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 12:47:01 )

@Shadami: Kikkoman is a japanese brand, if you want chinese taste you might need to look for a chinese brand of soy sauce. See if you can find a cheap version. Where I live kikkoman is actually more expensive than the chinese one I use which is "pearl river light soy sauce". Oyster sauce can be a bit pricey but you only use a smidge when cooking so it goes a pretty long way. Its good for stir fry veggies. Sriracha is kinda a condiment you put in while eating and we dont usually use it while cooking. I use some pastes like this

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 12:51:35 )

Pretty sure Lee Kum kee is actually in our grocery store here. And yeah. I eat Chinese and Japanese xD
And we'll... Lots of different foods. Which is why I need my own proper kitchen I need more room for more cultures ingredients for their dishes!!!

Adding those to the list for sure though. I actually just had general tso's yesterday . . . Hubby picked it up to surprise me ... And than we watched a Japanese game show while eating it. Because reasons? XD

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 12:56:16 )

Ah haha I am not the kinda person who gets offended by mixing up asian culture. Dude, even asian people keep calling me japanese or korean even though I am chinese. We can't even tell each other apart haha. We are all brothers and we all use chopsticks so let us just accept we are all just as cool as each other.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 13:04:01 )

You know.. I think that's one of the dishes I haven't tried. I'm not sure I've ever had Korean dishes before... O.o

My girls have training chopsticks... And they're very frustrated that they still can't get it right. :3 because mommy and daddy sit across from them and finish a bowl of rice while they're struggling with a piece of chicken xD
Should feel bad but I don't.

I mix cultures constantly. Mix them up as well :x I'm not all that picky. Like music or food. If it's good than I'll enjoy it. Doesn't matter to me where it's from ^^ ect descriptions for other types of things/people/places. XD

I just found it amusing that we were eating Chinese, and watching Japanese. And last night we were watching a French anime.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 13:10:48 )

While I do recommend korean food, they like things extra spicy so be warned haha.

Yeah as a kid the slowness of chopsticks frustrated me alot. LET ME EAT MY RICE GODAMMIT!! I can totally relate to your kids haha but thats the only way to learn. BY HUNGER! Yeah mixing cultures lets you get the best of all the worlds!

A french anime? that sounds intriguing. Whats it called? Is it really made by french people?

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 13:18:09 )
As far as I know it's made by French people. It's definitely in French at the very least. It's called Wakfu based off the video game doofus and got turned into a new game called Wakfu xD

All french. :3

I like spicy :3 I'll probably like Korean too than.

Our home embraces all the cultures we can. ^^ oooo ooo have you ever had Persian cooked salmon? It's actually quite delicious. I'm not typically big on salmon but it was good.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 13:20:08 )

@Shadami: my mother’s pregnancy with my brother was like yours now.
Result: a 6 feet 10 guy with adhd
I was just chilling out in her stomach

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 13:20:39 )

oooh I dont ever eat salmon but thats probably cos I dont know where to buy it.

I see Wakfu all the time on netflix! I have been debating whether to watch it or not. Is it any good?

Always ping me please.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 13:23:44 )

I never eat fish

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 13:25:19 )

[ I'm so glad my uncle is watching something that I don't mind watching/listening to. ]

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 13:28:44 )

Oh goodness I completely forgot it was on Netflix. XD maybe I can catch up with the two newest seasons because I've only seen the first one. And I love it. It's also super kid friendly.
My oldest can't stand anything even slightly scary. So I'm thrilled when I can find even one thing she doesn't run and hide from. I don't know how the show is dubbed though. I watch it in French. I can ... Eh .. sorta understand what they're saying without the subtitles.

Oh dear lord... I'm already suspecting a boy because it's so different than my daughter's... And my oldest is being tested for ADHD in two weeks. Don't Jynx me with a giant xD I'm a tiny 5'3"!! XD

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 13:31:38 )

Time for some rest and coffee
@Shadami: good luck trying to push him out!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 13:32:45 )

Yay Ama, glad to hear it. :)

I just remembered ive had Turkish food to. Naan bread I think it was. And some other meat dish. But the naan bread. And me. And I love bread.
The bread made me so happy it overshadowed the other thing I had. Also it was eight years ago or so? XD maybe even 10.

I can talk about food. Forever o.o

I don't really know where to get fresh salmon. And I can't catch and cook fish. Or anything.. freaks me out to do it myself. >.>
And venison and elk is so good.

Omg this pregnant woman needs to get her lazy butt out of bed and eat.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 13:33:48 )

@Tuijp: I won't be. :D I'm not allowed. I'll get drugged and than they'll cut him out. (Or her) I have to have c sections. Emergency one with the first. ^^;;

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.