Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Favorite home cooked meal?

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/11 22:34:21 )

♠
Recently I started cooking more due to the fact that my family is currently traveling and I'm home alone.
Yesterday I made a Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon and Garlic Parmesan Zucchini .
Today I'm debating whether to make bacon wrapped mushrooms, or make a pasta.
What are some meals you guys enjoy cooking/eating?
I'd love to here some recipes too!

{ Please give them a click }

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/11 22:48:34 )
I don't really keep recipes but I love making foil-baked salmon. I mix up the flavors but usually I go for some lemon herb. honey ginger, and garlic soy.
I think I make pretty mean marinades - my mom loves my garlic pork chops and my sister loves my sesame soy ginger chicken! XD
Since I don't keep recipes... I just dump everything in and make sure I place a lot of pepper and other seasonings and pray lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/11 23:15:40 )

I love my moms Mac and Chesse. Lol

I made up with my own meal, that goes like this.
Chicken or any kind or favor in small pieces
Pita bread warmed and cut on half to be stuffed
Sweet corn with butter, salt and old bay spice
Lettuce, spanich or other greens
Hummus. (I recently starting getting this brand called Hope Hummas and it has a little bit of cayenne and that really mixes well with the old bay corn)

Begin by lining the warm pita with hummus, then sweet corn, your greens of choice, (more sweet corn if you wish) then top with chicken. I also like it without chicken.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/12 01:27:46 )
Y'all have me drooling!

I'm over here browsing takeout and you're whipping up the good stuff. haha

Donator — They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/12 01:41:55 )

My favorite meals to make are:

Shepards pie (no crust, though ive been wanting to try making it with a homemade crust sometime)
Quiche!
And chili! By far my fave to make because its so easy and delicious with some rice and cornbread.

Oh and meatloaf made with turkey burger, and zucchini and red peppers in it! So good... 😩

But lately ive just been making like ground turkey with veggie medleys and rice xD

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/12 02:28:32 )

If I had to choose one, I'd say chili lime shrimp with black beans and zucchini and a side of pan-fried plantains.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/12 02:33:52 )
Not sure if it counts as a "meal" (depends on how much you eat I suppose) but I have always loved my mom's banana bread.
It's an old family recipe, and I have yet to find any other banana bread that compares.
(Plus, sometimes she adds chocolate chips to it, which is a plus in my book!)

Voltie — Atrocity Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/12 02:45:27 )
I make spam fried rice when I'm lazy. You fry the spam, cut into tiny little cubes, with some sriracha, add the rice, add soy sauce, then finally, add the eggs. Adding peas and onions are one of my favorite things, too.
★☆ Read my comic! ☆★
♥ Check out my art and RLC commission me! ♥

☆★ octology#5869 ★☆

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/12 05:31:28 )

♠
@Ixora: Ohhh that all sounds good! I definitely want to try something made with honey ginger eventually .

@Totalanimefan: omg I love hummus, I can eat hummus with almost anything x_x. I especially like edamame hummus.

@skettiyeti: Ohhh chili is so fun to make! I really like how its not too hard to make. I'm no fan of beans in my chili so I normally put mushrooms or bell peppers~

@Count Trashula: Ahh that sounds so good, seafood is one of my faves!

@Phantasmagoria: That sounds awesome o:. Hehe can never go wrong with adding chocolate!

@octology: Hehe I make fried rice when I'm lazy too, so simple and you can easily mix in leftovers.

{ Please give them a click }

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/12 05:43:43 )

@Alexis: I live for seafood.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/12 05:44:04 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

Honestly- a fresh made salsa is a million times better than any store bought one.
When I make a batch I make it huuuge and use it as my vegetable servings for two days with my fiance.

3 vine tomatoes diced
1 small red onion diced
half a yellow onion diced
Two handfuls of cilantro shredded (stems and all)
1 large mango minced/shreded
1large jalapeno minced
Coat cumin ontop generously
paprika
sea salt
pepper
and juice an entire lime over it.
mix all together for a fresh wholesome bowl of salsa goodness.

I cook a lot and I enjoy cooking quite a bit, but salsa has to be the thing that isn't good unless it is fresh made.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/13 02:28:28 )
@Alexis: oh yeah honey ginger is a good combo!

Donator — They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/13 03:36:25 )

@alexis: GASP I never thought to try those but I definitely will next time! Mush sounds heavenlyyyy
Mines pretty simple, just turkey burger, chili spice, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and kidney beans. Kidney beans are the only kind of beans I allow in my chili xD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/13 04:25:37 )
@alexis: alright! I got off of my booty and cooked something tonight!

My family really enjoys my play on King Ranch Casserole.
(there is no ranch in this thing. the name is super misleading apparently, it's a place.)
ANYWAY
I'll post the recipe with some shortcuts included.

You will need-
12 tortillas
Pico de gallo (if you're in a pinch, you can buy this pre-chopped or even use rotel. the fresh stuff is amazing in it though)
Cream of Mushroom
Cream of Chicken
Shredded Cheese
3-4 Chicken breasts (you can use a pre-made rotisserie chicken for this part too if you don't feel like cooking. you just gotta debone it.)

Chop up the cooked chicken into bite size pieces and mix it in a large bowl with cream of mush, cream of chicken, pico, and a cup of cheese. Add whatever seasoning you'd like, I usually do some garlic powder and some tony's creole seasoning. Set that aside.

Get a large 9x13 pan and grease it with olive oil. Cut the tortillas into fourths and line the botton of the pan with the cut up tortillas. It just has to cover the bottom, you don't use them all at this point. Spoon half of the mixture you set aside on top of the tortillas in the pan. Add a sprinkling of cheese on the top. Place another layer of tortillas and add the rest of the mixture on top. Put another sprinkling of cheese down. I like to place the remaining tortillas on top, but it usually won't cover it. Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes or until the cheese melts.

Be warned though, this makes a lot of food. We're eating this for dinner tonight, lunch tomorrow, dinner tomorrow, and probably lunch the next day.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.