Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Pokémon GO, any players?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 05:38:56 )

@Lufi: Well 1 out of 2 ain't bad. lol

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 15:45:32 )

That's awesome!!! It must be fun to live near a time zone line. :3

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 01:32:25 )

Adventure Week is coming June 4th to June 11th! I'm super excited to get the exp and stardust.

Adventure Week Details:

Increased encounters in the wild with Rock-type Pokémon like Geodude, Rhyhorn, Omanyte, Aron, Lileep, Anorith and many more!
Hatch Rock-type Pokémon such as Onix, Larvitar, Lileep, Anorith, and Shieldon from 2km Eggs.
Challenge Onix, the Rock Snake Pokémon, and other Rock-type Pokémon in raids.
Specially themed Field Research tasks.

You may encounter a Shiny Onix, Lileep, or Anorith if you are lucky!
4x Buddy Candy
(Tip: Turn on Adventure Sync to make every step count!)
10x XP on your first spin of each Photo Disc when you visit NEW PokéStops.
Trainers who have Adventure Sync activated and walk 50km will earn 50,000 Stardust and 15 Rare Candies!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 20:27:44 )

I’m excited for Adventure Week!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 22:59:48 )

@Totalanimefan: I'm hoping I can at least get a level out of it! I'm still at level 34, while my bf is already almost 38.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 06:46:39 )

@Lufi: I think you will be able too. If you go somewhere you have never been and spin new stops with a lucky egg on you will get a lot of exp!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 06:56:33 )

@Totalanimefan: I'm planning on going to this really stop heavy area in Indiana. I haven't played there yet, but a lot of people go there for events.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 06:58:44 )

@Lufi: Oh good luck. I'm trying to think of where I can go that's new for me.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 11:07:43 )
I finally caved and started playing Pokemon go :D
Although due to phone data, I'm limited to wifi hotspots, haha.

Here's my code if anyone's interested. Playing as a pokemon OC, actually, hehehe.

7641 1042 4833

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 11:11:28 )
@Xenojiiva: @ixora:

Added you guys!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 15:51:20 )
@So What: alright. I'll accept as soon as I open again!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 15:59:10 )
I play Pokemon GO, but the only time I really start to play it is the summer months. Like.. June-August. I spend a lot of time at home in the winter, if my classes next semester aren't all online I would be more active lol. If possible I choose online classes though so uh . Yeah.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 16:03:30 )
@Grookey: I hear ya. Somehow, I got lucky, and there's a gym right under my building. I can access raids and protect the gym not even getting off the couch.
But if I didn't have that, I prolly wouldn't bother much walking around and raiding.

For now, I decided to mainly turn on the app occasionally at home, or if I'm near a wifi hotspot.

Why do you play, as a casual player?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 19:04:06 )
@So What: Wow that's pretty lucky lol, bet you get a lot of coins because of that. Have you been able to capture any legends that might spawn at the gym? Also I wasn't always a casual player, at the start of the game I was really active. I thought it was the coolest thing when you could track the pokemon's footsteps. Two of my brothers and one of their friends walked to/around the mall with me, trying to catch cool pokemon like dratini lol. When they removed that, my brother stopped playing immediately though, so it's just mom and I now.

As a casual player though, it's a way for my mom and I to bond, she gets very excited encountering new pokemon, hatching eggs, participating in raids (even if we can't beat it.) Usually we'll walk to the gym that's just down the street, but sometimes we go to the park.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 19:08:52 )

@So What: lucky! I would love to have a stop and a gym at my house. Lol

@Grookey: what level are you? Do you do raids?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 19:15:54 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm level 29, I don't do raids very often. If I'm already at a location that has a raid going on I'll enter it, other than that... not really. Usually the ones I care about (legendary) there's no one else at them.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 19:16:55 )

@Grookey: is there anyone else In your community?
Also next weekend is community day from 3-6pm local time.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 19:21:39 )
@Totalanimefan: Not really? Or not that I've noticed. You see a few players at the college, but.. It's really just mom and I. If I had more friends it'd probably be easier to do raids. I might go to the park for community day, but probably not. I don't care too much for slakoth, if anything I'd get a shiny to annoy a friend of mine with. He absolutely haaates sloths.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 19:30:22 )

@Grookey: there will also be a special move. And you shouldn’t stop yourself from getting a shiny because your friend doesn’t like sloths lol
You do you.
You and your mom should be able to do raid levels 1-3 together no problem. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 19:34:28 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh nonono, I don't particularly care for slakoth which is why I wouldn't want to get it. However, it would be fun to annoy my friend by capturing a shiny one and showing him it lol.

My mom and I do those lower level raids occasionally, it's just not too often. Maybe once a month or so? Usually more than that, but her foot is broken right now so we play less now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.