Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Red-Ball Reunion

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/1 05:22:21 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, talk you then." Jaden responded as she left.

When she did, he remained silent for a moment, before looking at the soaked bandage in the trash.

He continued to stare at it, before shaking his head.

"Nope. Nope. I've moved on beyond that kind of behaviour." he told himself.

'But still... why is she so familiar?' he thought.

'Why do I feel so horrible for not remembering who she is? Assuming I've met her...' he wondered further.

He then sighed, and looked at his reflection once more.

"...I hate not knowing..." he mumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/1 21:59:40 )

Vyn sighed as she entered an alley before using one of her portals and vanishing from where she was. Once home, she sat down on the couch and looked to her hand. It was still bleeding, but she really wasn't worried about it. Bleeding like that would be irritating to her, would make her feel like hell, but at the same time she'd be totally fine. It was a perk of what she was.

What was more concerning, was that it seemed he almost recognized her.

"I'll have to be more careful..." She said quietly as she looked to the coffee she still had her hands.

"I don't know how though...." She addeddf with a sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/1 22:35:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

A few months had passed, and Vyn and Jaden continued to maintain a good relationship, chatting with each other, meeting up occasionally... but all the while, Jaden couldn't shake the feeling of familiarity that she was giving off.

"...who IS she?" he asked himself, as he sat on his couch, staring at the news on the TV in front of him.

"WHY does she make me feel this way?" he wondered further, before he received a notification on his phone. He picked it up and looked at it, seeing it was an alert for those that were knowledgeable of the mana world.

CRIMSON ALERT - VAMPIRE HUNTER SEEN - THREAT LEVEL S - GOES BY NAME OF 'NEO HELSING' it read, scrolling by with further information.

"Geez." Jaden muttered.

"...and I'm supposed to meet Vyn for coffee later this evening." he then said, wondering if he should cancel the appointment or not.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/1 22:51:43 )

Meanwhile, Vyn let out a string of curses as she read the same notice on her phone.

"Oh son of a bitch. He must've gotten out of the goddamned holding." She growled before sighing lightly.

"Turns out I'm not meeting with Jaden today. Dammit." She looked around before sighing. She was in public, couldn't use her mana here. She was in the middle of a store.

Guess I gotta get out of here. she thought before scoping the place out. She quickly made her way out of there after paying for her things and over to her car. She loaded everything into the trunk, used her mana to get everything home without issue (just in case she ran into problems) and climbed in herself. With that, she started the drive home, hoping things would go well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 04:00:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

For the first few minutes or so, the drive was uneventful. A few cars passed her back and forth, but nothing suspicious seemed to be happening.

Then she noticed a motorcycle coming up behind her... and it stayed behind her.

It drove up, before falling back, and then doing the same. It lingered back for another moment, before it turned down a side street, and disappeared.

However, if Vyn thought she was in the clear, after about half a minute, the same motorcycle sped out from a side street in front of her, and the driver looked back towards her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 04:11:29 )

Vyn was silent as she saw the biker in front of her. She didn't let it show on her face, but internally she was cursing far more than one may have expected from her. That was not a good thing to notice.

With a quick look over the attire, she realised that he was a threat.

A large one at that.

Damn... not sure how the hell to get out of this mess... She thought

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 04:31:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Just as she finished thinking that, the driver, aimed something at her. It looked like a weird hybrid of a pistol and a crossbow. He then shot what looked to be a miniature stake that had a strange aura around it at her... and it hit her tire.

It punctured the tire easily, and left a big enough hole that she was starting to having trouble keeping her car on the road.

The driver then slowed down and pulled up beside her, glaring through his visor.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 04:35:18 )

Vyn had, through some serious stroke of luck, managed to get her car to the side of the road and out of direct traffic before honestly powering down. With a sigh, she climbed out and just closed the door before meeting their gaze - even though she couldn't see his face through the visor.

She had her arms crossed, with the one that couldn't be seen having her phone. She unlocked it with her fingerprint before making a selection - that she had trained herself to be able to do without looking - to call a contact. She knew one person who would be one hell of a help here, but at the same time, didn't realise that she'd picked the wrong person.

"How 'bout you face me like the man you seem to want to be." She stated calmly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 05:03:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man continued to stare at her, before he removed his helmet, revealing a scarred face, rough stubble, messed brown hair, and piercing grey eyes.

"You." he said.

"Because of you, I was sent to languish at the hands of those that would harm humanity." he told her.

"This ends now." he then proclaimed.

"I will destroy you right here and now, and I will continue where Helsing left off in the past." he continued.

"And this won't go as it did last time we met."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 05:05:14 )

"The reason that you were held is because you attacked a lycan with zero provocation." Vyn stated simply, and plainly.

"Whether you agree or not, that is the law. Period." She added.

"If you attack with no provocation, you will answer for those crimes. You were taken in to answer them."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 05:21:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"See, that's the issue." the man replied.

"All of a sudden, you think your kind and others deserve these rights." he said.

"And somehow the world agreed to that shit." he growled.

"I say no." he told her.

"I say that we're on the route that ends with the extinction of humanity." he snarled further, as he took out the stake-gun from earlier.

Without another word, he fired one of the stake ammo straight at her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 05:24:26 )

"This is not a sudden thing." Vyn stated simply.

"This is something that was in the works for about three decades before it was decided upon at least a century ago." She continued.

"So get your head out of your ass and actually grow up."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 05:32:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".............." the man was silent for a moment, before clearing his throat.

"I am impressed that you didn't react to my warning shot." he said.

"It seems you've improved since my capture." he said further.

"But... I'm through with giving warnings." he finished.

Without another word, he fired another of the custom stake bullets right at her chest.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 05:36:45 )

Vyn dodged the attack with little issue.

"You caught me on a bad day last time." nShe told him after straightening up again.

"That day I had been recovering from a previous non-Triad related event." She added.

"So I wasn't at the top of my game. This time, I'm still not at the top, but definitely closer." She finished with before smirking

"So you gonna actually fight me, or be a ranged coward?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 05:52:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man just growled as Vyn made her taunt.

He then put away the ranged weapon, and produced twin katana blades from sheaths on his back.

"Hmph." he muttered.

"Very well." he said.

"Looks like it's time to get up close and personal." he commented.

With that, he paused for a moment, took a shallow breath, exhaled it slowly, and dashed straight towards her... far faster than he had during their previous encounter.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 05:54:32 )

Vyn barely managed to get out of the way. He was definitely notably faster than he should have been, and she would bet that he had something akin to wind mana playing a factor for a speed increase. It made sense, considering what he did and whatnot.

With a slice on her shoulder, she brought her foot to the small of his back, having managed to get behind him as he charged forward. She did manage to hit him, but it didn't do as much damage as she'd expected - or rather hoped. It was enough to make him not quite as steady on his feet for the moment though.

She took advantage of that and had a portal open beneath him, hoping that perhaps she could trap him partway.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 06:13:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Her plan had almost worked, but he used one of his blades to push himself off to the side. Granted, he landed in a bit of a heap, and hastily got back to his feet... but he'd avoided the portal.

"...geez." he muttered.

"That... that was close." he said to himself, before looking at Vyn again.

"All right." he growled.

"Take two." he muttered.

He then withdrew two metal spike-like stakes from within his jacket, and threw them right at her, aiming at both her shoulders simultaneously.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 06:32:56 )

Vyn wasn't stupid. As she saw them coming, she just ducked, dodging both of them. She also prepared herself and opened a portal on her back, just in case they boomeranged back.

She didn't say anything before making one quick, swift, movement and managed to have her fist reach the side of his head. The impact was quite harsh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 06:56:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The stakes didn't boomerang back, but embedded themselves in a telephone pole that had been behind her, while he desperately tried to dodge her attack.

He failed, and was sent careening to the ground, landing in a bit of a messy heap.

He coughed and hacked up a little spat of blood, before tossing another couple of the 'stakes' at her. She easily dodged, but the embedded themselves in another telephone pole behind her.

"Damn you." he cursed, getting to his feet.

"You think you're so damn great. So high above humanity." he said to her.

"You think we're nothing but your own private cattle. Well sometimes cattle fight back." he snarled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 07:00:19 )

"No. I don't, actually." Vyn stated.

"Don't put words in my goddamned mouth." She snapped after a few seconds before he felt a portal open up beneath him. If he was quick he could avoid it, otherwise he'd end up falling through. Whether it was complete or not, remained to be seen.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.