Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Red-Ball Reunion

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 07:21:58 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, he was quick enough... but just barely. He had just started to fall through the portal, but his reflexes gave him the time to jab the blades he had into the ground just outside the range of the portal, and he landed in an ungraceful way.

However, he then produced what looked to be a small remote control from his pocket, and pushed a button on it, grinning as he did so.

When he did, the stakes that had been embedded in both telephone poles started to spark a little, before they shot electricity out from them, probably drawing it from the poles themselves. The electricity was headed straight for where Vyn was standing, but at the last second, a sword was thrown behind Vyn, the metal attracting the electricity away from her.

"What!?" the man exclaimed.

"Phew." Jaden said, stepping out from the newly formed portal he'd created.

"Looks like I got here just in time."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 07:27:51 )

Vyn turned to look to Jaden before pausing. She sighed, that hadn't been who she had intended to contact, but honestly? She wasn't going to truly complain.

He could fight, after all, and she knew that.

"Yo." Was all she said, looking at the one that had attacked her.

"This little prick needs to go back to the Triad.... in more shackles and such than he had before, apparently."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 07:47:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man snarled to himself as he got to his feet.

"Damn it." he cursed.

"Curse you..." he said, reaching for his blades, but they disappeared down a couple of small portals, landing beside Jaden.

"Yeah, not gonna let you have those..." Jaden mumbled.

Then, before the man could react, Jaden disappeared down a portal that he formed under himself, landing straight on the man's shoulders, driving him down into the ground again.

Jaden then gracefully dismounted, landing with a bit of a flourish.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 07:50:43 )

"You're definitely as agile as I expected." Vyn commented with a light laugh.

"So, you gonna cooperate, or do we really need to have this as two on one?" She asked the attacker after a moment.

"Because... honestly... things like this really aren't in your favour."

Admittedly... I guess I called the wrong person. she thought with a light sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 08:18:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man growled again.

"Figures." he said.

"Having to go two-on-one." he muttered.

"Never pegged you for a coward, Sherwood." he then said to Vyn.

"Excuse me?" Jaden asked, sounding offended.

"Shut up." the man snapped at him.

"Talkin' to Sherwood, over there." he said, gesturing to Vyn... which caused Jaden to look at the woman, absolute pure shock in his expression.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 08:25:01 )

Vyn just sighed.

"I do what I have to do." She stated simply.

"Or would you prefer I called in Justine and Emmett?" She asked, referring to the other two Triad members before stepping up to him.

"Then again, you're human, you're just a mage - if that." She continued, her voice getting far more ominous than Jaden probably thought it could go.

"I could always call Hollie and her team. I'm sure they would have a field day with you. I know that Justine is rather ravenous for fresh meat too." She grinned.

"And I'm quite certain that Justine would absolutely adore devouring you. Even if you taste rancid."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 08:48:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden and the man were both silent, both looking scared... but the man, even more so.

It would seem that Vyn had said something that triggered something within him... some sort of flashback. He looked like he was suffering a PTSD attack, to be honest.

He proceeded to hyperventilate for a few seconds... and then passed out right there and then.

"...ah..." Jaden stammered.

"I... ah..." he muttered further, unable to form coherent sentences at the moment.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 08:51:10 )

Vyn was silent as she placed a foot on his throat, so that if he was faking it, he'd be pretty defenceless. It wasn't enough pressure to kill him, but he'd likely have a bruise, and would most certainly have a hard time breathing upon waking. While her foot was there, she tossed her phone over to Jaden.

"Contacts. Please call the contact labeled 'Justine' for me, will you?" She asked.

"Relay the information of what happened, how this fucker decided to come around and cause problems with the one vampire that will totally wreck his shit." She added as she leaned over the hunter.

"Meanwhile, I'm going to check to see if this dude is actually out."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 09:04:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........." Jaden was silent as he caught the phone, and then nodded.

"Ah... uh, right then." he said.

"G-got it." he managed to get out.

He then scrolled through the contacts on the phone, before finding the one called 'Justine', and then pressing the 'call' button on it.

Meanwhile, as Vyn checked the hunter, she found that he wasn't actually unconscious... but he seemed to be dead to the world, lost in some VERY unpleasant memories.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 09:08:21 )

"Hey Sydney... it's rare for you to call. What fuckery have you found yourself in the middle of?" was the greeting that he received as the phone was answered. The voice was definitely female, but ... was also rather dark, eerie, and most certainly not the usual person.

Meanwhile, Vyn used her mana to pull some shackles out of the closet she had at home, precisely for this times like this. Once she had them in hand, she used them on the hunter before sighing. This was a headache, most certainly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 09:23:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah..." Jaden stammered, the name 'Sydney' causing him to freeze for a moment. But the darkness in the female's tone forced him to remain cognizant and 'there'.

"This... this isn't her." he replied.

"It's... uh... look, just... there's been a run-in with that hunter, Neo Helsing." he told her, before giving her all the information that he had. What he'd heard over the phone, and what had happened when he showed up.

"He's currently restrained, but I think she wants you to come and get him." he said further, giving her the location she was at.

"Or, she just wanted you to know what's up." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 09:25:02 )

"Oh! All right. Just tell her to send the ass. She knows where, and to do it in two minutes. Gives me enough time to make sure that we are ready to receive him here... and make sure the ass doesn't get out again." Justine stated simply.

"And you must be Jaden... I've heard her talk about you." She added with a light (for her) laugh.

"Anyway! two minutes." With that, the call was ended.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 09:33:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden didn't have time to say anything in response, before the call was ended.

"....hm." he mumbled.

"Ah, right." he said.

"Hey!" he then called to Sydney/Vyn.

"She said to 'send the ass'." he told her. "She said to do it in two minutes, and that you'd know where." he continued. "They need time to receive him, or whatever." he went on.

He then stepped closer towards her, and handed her her phone back.

"Here." he said.

"You... probably want this back."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 11:01:21 )

Vyn accepted her phone before sighing.

"I know you have questions." She said.

"We'll talk over coffee." She added before looking to the one that was on the ground. She paused after a few seconds before sending him through a portal when the two minute marker passed by. After that, she looked to her car and just sighed, using her mana to have to portaled back to her garage.

". . that isn't going to be cheap to fix." she muttered before looking back to Jaden.

"Coming with me, or takin' off?" She asked as she opened a portal in the ground, about a foot to the side of her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 22:15:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden watched as the man was taken away, and then looked at Vyn.

"Ah..." he stammered.

"Well... yeah. Yeah, I have questions." he said.

"Plenty of them." he told her.

"But I suppose it all depends on whether or not you're in the mood to answer them." he went on.

"As you said, that isn't going to be cheap." he continued, looking at where the car had been.

"Do you want to be alone right now?" he then asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 22:16:57 )

"Eh, I'll deal with the car later." Vyn told him simply.

"Because honestly? I am n ot interested at the moment." She added.

"Now follow if you're going to." She said before stepping into the portal she'd created. It stayed open for a bit to give him the chance to follow if he so desired.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 22:49:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden's mind raced with decisions for a few seconds... until he saw the portal begin to shrink.

Lightning-fast, he made his decision, and raced through the portal, emerging in a den-like area on the other side.

He looked around for a few seconds, and then to the portal that had just disappeared behind him.

"...wow." he muttered.

"A LOT smoother than the ones -I- create." he mumbled further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 22:52:08 )

"I've had plenty of practice." Vyn commented from where she was standing. He'd followed just as she was approaching the den to sit down, a mug of coffee in her hands.

"Due to my hunting, I had to put some serious effort into cleaning up my portals." She added with a shrug.

"Want some coffee? I have one of my favourite blends currently perking, actually."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 23:01:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Uh.... yeah, sure." Jaden replied.

"Some coffee would be good, sure." he told her.

"And yeah, about that." he then muttered.

"Due to your hunting, you say." he commented.

"You're not your average hunter, are you?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 23:03:20 )

"Not a chance." Was Vyn's reply before heading off toward where it was that the coffee was. She returned about five minutes later with a steaming mug for him.

"Here ya go." She said, holding it out to him.

"Now, ask all your questions. I owe you answers." She added with a light sigh as she sat down on a chair in the den.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.