Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Red-Ball Reunion

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/25 05:31:03 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The man just sighed as he sat at the bar, looking at his reflection in the light brown liquid that filled the small glass in front of him. He was silent, as subtle vibrations and bumps caused ripples to form in the liquid, distorting his face for brief moments... but he didn't seem to notice... or possibly care.

"You look like you got the weight of the world on your shoulders." the bartender commented, causing the man to snap out of whatever 'trance' he might have been in.

He sighed once more, and moved one of his long blonde bangs out of his face, tucking a little bit of loose hair into his black beanie hat. He then looked at the bartender with his deep blue eyes, and shook his head.

"Eh, I really wouldn't say THAT." he responded. "It's not quite there yet, but stress IS a big thing for me right now." he admitted.

He was Jaden Sherwood and he was a magician by trade... to a degree. His act consisted of a type of magic often associated with cults and satan and dealing with the devil. While it had no 'official' branding or name, people would sometimes refer to it as 'Mind-freaking', as he would freak out his audience and mess with their in doing so. His act consisted of him constantly placing himself in mortal danger, generally with swords and various other kinds of blades. He'd always impale himself with these implements... but he never died, or even seemed to sustain any injury. In truth... he was a user of a rare kind of mana in the world... portal magic. It made his acts extremely convincing to his target audience... the underground goths, punks, and emos... to which he was an instant hit with, and they always wanted more.

It also helped that he also had a particular aesthetic that complimented the shows he put on. He dressed in blacks, greys and dull, dark colours, and his skin was on the pale side as well, giving him a look that screamed 'death'. Which came from him being a dhampir... not that he'd reveal such a thing, as both humans AND vampires wouldn't take too kindly to his existence. Humans moreso, but some vampires were still stuck in the old ways.

Still, his act was a rousing success, and he'd become rather famous AND infamous... which meant he had found it increasingly hard to find a place where he could just find some peace and quiet, without someone recognizing him and him being mobbed by people he didn't want to associate with. But this bar... this was a place where his fame didn't matter. Where his reputation was known, but people didn't bother him about it. He was extremely grateful for it, even if it WAS in a seedy area. He knew how to take care of himself.

"Normally, I'd suggest a game a' pool to take your mind off of things." the bartender said. "But it seems like a huge crowd's gathered around them." he commented, gesturing to the large gathering of people in question, many of them clad in biker's garb.

"Hm." Jaden muttered, grabbing his drink.

"Guess I'll see what all the hullabaloo is about." he said, getting up from the bar and making his way towards them... managing to pick up on some growls and unfriendly grumbling as he got closer.

'Wonder what's up?' he thought, hearing the clattering sounds of pool cues and billiard balls.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/25 05:50:57 )

When Jaden looked over, he saw the crowd of mostly bikers, along with one thin, pale woman with what looked to be red, black and silver dreads. She was leaning calmly against a table, a cue in one hand and a drink in the other as she rested her hip against the table.

"Oh. I'm sorry." She said.

"Do you have a problem with my shot?" She asked, her voice almost cocky.

"Ask any of the staff, it was a legit shot."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/25 06:22:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one she had been talking to merely growled in response.

"You tricked us." he said.

"You're no newbie." he told her further, narrowing his eyes.

"You're a HUSTLER." he accused her, as the rest of the men glared at her.

"And we don't take too kindly to those that would trick us." he then added, as Jaden tapped him on the shoulder.

"What!?" the man exclaimed.

"Pardon me, but I can tell your temper is flaring, and tensions are running high here." Jaden responded. "Might I suggest you not turn this violent, lest things get out of hand, and needless destruction ensue?" he offered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/25 06:29:04 )

She just looked over toward Jaden and rolled her eyes.

"Yo, Sugar, I'm fine." She stated.

"I can handle these brutes myself." She added before lokoing to the one that was geting quite loud.

"And I never once said I was or was not a newbie. Just because you made an incorrect assumption does not mean I did anything wrong." She continued.

"Plus, you were the morons that agreed to the dumb bet."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/25 06:56:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Before Jaden could say anything in response, the one that the woman addressed suddenly turned back to her.

"That's it!" he exclaimed.

He then brought his hand up, and slammed it across the face of the woman that had humiliated them so.

"If you're gonna be a smartass, then we'll shut that pretty little mouth of-" he started to say further, before he suddenly stopped and yelped out in pain.

This was revealed to be because Jaden had grabbed the back of his neck.

"Right, that's it." he said.

"You do NOT strike a lady." he told the man, before he slammed his face down onto an empty glass that had been sitting on a nearby table, causing it to shatter.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/25 07:00:47 )

The woman hadn't let out nary a peep as she was struck. There was something, though, that was there afterward. She didn't move, but she sigh.

"Leave him be. I can handle this." She added as she turned to face the one tha thad been accosted in such a way.

"Besides, I think he might be down and out, now, anyway."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/25 07:22:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Jaden was silent, as the man collapsed to the floor, crying out in pain and agony.

"Admittedly, I didn't mean to slam his face down on a glass." he admitted.

"However, I think I may have instigated something else." he muttered, as the others glared at him, as well as the woman.

"Ahhh, damn it." he cursed.

"I came here to unwind, not get into a bar brawl." he lamented.

"Oh well, least I can do is make sure it ends quickly." he finished, cracking his knuckles.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/25 07:32:18 )

She was completely silent before sighing lightly.

"Well..." She said quietly.

"Let's just get the hell out of here." She added before setting the cue and glass down on the table she'd been leaning against. She dodged a swing from someone, grabbed Jaden's sleeve and just pulled him along with her as she ran, trying to ge tout of there before getting caught up i nthe brawl.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/25 08:11:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Woah!" Jaden exclaimed, as the woman pulled him away easily. He weighed next to nothing, after all.

Jaden quickly downed the drink he still had, before lightly tossing the glass back onto the bar, and then grabbing a bill out of his pocket, crumpling it up, and throwing it at the bartender.

"Later!" he called out.

"GET THEM!" one of the man yelled, as the two of them reached the door, and headed out.

"So what's the plan NOW?" Jaden asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/25 08:19:44 )

"Clearing the hell outta this joint for now." Was her answer.

Once they were outside, she looked to him as she closed the door and did ... something that he didn't see so that it couldn't be opened easily.

"Thanks for your help, I'll catch ya later." Sher then said.

"See ya." With that, she headed to the sidewalk at a pretty swift pace.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/25 08:46:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden raised his eyebrow when the woman did whatever she did with the door.

"Uh..." he stammered, before she started to walk to the sidewalk.

"Hey." he said, racing after her.

"You all right?" he asked.

"I mean, it's clear you ARE... but what about that hit you took earlier?" he asked her.

"Any damage from THAT?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/25 21:36:51 )

She met his gaze before lauging.

"Hah. I'm quite durable. That was nothing." She stated.

"I've dealt with quite a lot more, and worse, in my line of work."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/25 22:25:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...oh yeah?" Jaden asked.

"Heh, interesting." he said.

"You sound like one tough lady." he commented further, before pausing.

"....uh.... hey..." he then said, sounding suddenly awkward.

"Listen... you seem like a really cool person." he told her.

"Y'wanna... go and grab a bite to eat or something? Somewhere calmer?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/26 00:43:14 )

She paused a moment when he asked that before chuckling lightly.

"Yeah, sure." She said.

"I could definitely eat... although we might wanna jet from this area. Those assholes'll be lokoing for me, and probably be out for my blood for a bit." She said with a light sigh.

"At the very least, even if they tried, theyd' regret it." She then said with a laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/26 01:01:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Heh." Jaden chuckled.

"I have no doubt of that." he said.

"You got someplace you'd prefer to go?" he asked her.

"Or someplace you'd prefer to avoid?" he asked further.

"I'm open for pretty much anywhere, as long as it's quiet, and people respect others' rights to be left alone."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/26 01:04:31 )

She was silent for a moment, thinking about the answer.

"Well, I know of a 'hole in the wall' cafe on the other side of the city that has very little business, but the business they get are regulars." She todl him.

"If ya got a ride, let's go, otherwise I'll pay for a cab."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/26 01:30:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden paused when she said what she did.

"Ah..." he stammered.

"Wait." he said.

"What... what time is it?" he asked.

"Because... uh, well... I mean... I never really bothered to... get my license..." he admitted.

"I... have a Learner's Permit..." he then said sheepishly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/26 01:31:20 )

She just looked up to the sky.

"... Sun hasn't set." She stated.

"Learner's permit is anytime after dark is off limits, isn't it?" She asked. "Correct me if I'm wrong on that front."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/26 01:57:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..........oh yeah, that's right." Jaden said.

"Well, then, I can drive us there." he told her.

"And I'm allowed ONE passenger." he went on.

"Come on, then." he said further.

"Let's beat it before something more happened around here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/26 02:02:47 )

She nodded before following him to the car that he had there. They climbed in and she sighed lightly as she sat back.

"well, not a bad ride, to be honest." She then said.

"Also, Name's Vyn." She thens aid after a few seconds.

"What can I call you?"
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.