Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Game recommendations?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 01:50:28 )
I don't really play any video games other than a couple casual ones on my phone.. And my bf mainly plays Minecraft or FPS games, and I definitely don't like those... Lolol so what are some games that would be recommended?

Donator — Pokemon Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 03:50:42 )
@Nemmi: Hmm this is pretty hard since you didn't really say what types of games you do like or think you would like. I'd say try out animal crossing and harvest moon. Both are laid back games and dont need a lot of effort. They're chill. I always recommend Pokemon cause you can't really go wrong with that either.

art by: blinkini (idk why i never put this here 3 years ago)

Donator — ...... Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 03:57:45 )
Are you looking for single-player games, MMOs, ...?

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 04:11:04 )
@Nemmi: That... completely and utterly depends on what you actually want, and what platform. ^^;;
PC: Skyrim, Town of Salem, Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, almost any Hidden Object game, and a good chunk of games are available on PS4/XBox1 AND PC.

So.... if someone's gonna suggest something, ya gotta give more information I think.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 10:11:13 )
@Kawaii Slowpoke:
@Espy:
@Lunakiri:
Since I don't play games, I don't know what I'd like. Hence.. the asking for recommendations in general. FPS games were already out of the question, so it's fair game after that, really. I did forget to state that we have an XB1, PS4, and a PC whoops(:. Thank you all for the recommendations though so far~!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 10:42:29 )
I've been playing a game called Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles, it's an open world adventure game that has lots of quests and a pretty interesting storyline. You can adopt animals and have multiple farms to grow stuff if you want but honestly it's not a super important thing to do in fact you can hire people to look after your farms for you if that's something you'd like to do. But the world is pretty big and theres tons of stuff to uncover. There's also crafting and fishing and you can create your own character and dress them up with tons of different items and hairstyles/colors.
I think it's 20$ on the psn store but I paid 30$ for the physical copy and if you ask me I think it's worth 20$. It was actually on sale recently for 7.99$ which I thought was a great deal so if that deal comes back around I highly recommend getting it. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game but it's pretty short(I beat the main storyline in a week, playing an hour or so a night) so you don't really wanna spend too too much on it

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 20:58:20 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: it depends, I find myself going back to it maybe every other night but really that's just to try and get the rest of the trophies. It's a beautiful game, big open world but it's very very easy to beat I mean I probably could have finished it a lot sooner but I tend to wander around and do a lot of side quests rather than main quests. So if you're not a trophy collector then I'd say no it really has no replay value after you finish the main storyline.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 01:55:15 )
It's hard to say because you don't know what you like. You could try some games like Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons or even Rune Factory perhaps! You could also try a classic like Legend of Zelda or something. The Binding of Isaac is simple and cheap but it may or may not interest you if you're not already into games

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 07:44:33 )
Hrm, you could try out Persona 5. Think Pokemon with demons, if you're familiar with that series.

It's relatively new for the PS4 and polished far beyond the previous games... which are individual installments. The story isn't connected. There's a HUGE emphasis on storytelling, and a lot of the game is just exploring activities in the city. You can have relationships with people, go batting, read books, and etc. all while engaging in some combat when that becomes available in the plot.

The difficulty settings are quite flexible as well with there being a 'Safe' option which is easier than easy. Allows for newcomers who really want to just experience something, y'know?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 10:02:53 )
@Dowan: That doesn't sound bad at all. I think I might have to go and pick it up~ Thank you (:

Donator — ~love~ Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 10:05:58 )
There could be some fun demo games on steam if you want to try out different genres too!! Or even Kongregate, just so you can try a few without having to pay and end up hating it lol. I'd love to suggest Recettear as a fun game!! You play a shopkeeper and also go into dungeons, bargaining and rpg like!! Super cute!!

awesome art by okios <33

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 10:06:12 )
You might like Game of Dice?? It's like an anime faster version of Monopoly! You can play it on PC with facebook gamesroom or on a mobile phone in google play store.

art by me
My Deviantart

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 10:16:27 )
@Nemmi: Uncharted is an amazing game series, very similar to Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones. It's not a FPS but there is an element of shooting. However you can also choose the stealthier approach and use your weapons less. inFAMOUS is another one with a combat element, but you play as a superhero with electric powers. (Throwing mainly Playstation titles out there). Skyrim is amazing, and you can pretty much take the game at your own pace and pick and choose what you want to do, but it's also VERY addicting, and technically never-ending--there will be perpetually generated side-quests long after you've completed the main quest. Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and Crash Bandicoot are all other games you might want to look into. They're all beloved series of mine, and are the perfect balance of fun / playable / challenging; not to mention the characters are amazing!

Someone else mentioned Legend of Zelda, and since you're not much of a gamer I wouldn't necessarily recommend starting with the earliest / original games, but the series is golden, and so is Metroid. Metroid Prime is a FPS but honestly, it doesn't feel like it. Like, it took me months of playing the game, probably having beaten it at least once, before I really thought about the fact that it's a FPS. It's also among my favourite games of all time. c:

Game recommendations are honestly something I could go on all day about... but my hand is starting to cramp up so I'm going to call it quits. xD

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 10:24:24 )
@Vii: Thank you for all those recommendations (:. Tomb Raider is one that I actually am familiar with, and I love it hahah. So anything similar is definitely one for me to check out. A couple of those sounded familiar since my bf plays a lot of games. We also have that new Crash Bandicoot game. He had gotten it on pre-order, and our daughter instantly swiped the keychain that came with it Lol. It seems like you play a lot of games (:

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 10:30:42 )
@Nemmi: You would definitely like Uncharted, then! And the main character, Nate, is very easy on the eyes, lol. And Crash Bandicoot is so much fun, I love those games. You can never go wrong with a simple platformer like that. Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter are each very similar, but have more concrete over-arching storylines and the usual linear one-level-to-the-next approach. Of those series, Ratchet and Clank is honestly my favourite. Both are heavy science fiction.

And yeah, I play a lot of video games. They've always been my best friend, as I didn't make friends with others very easily growing up. I also loved being able to play the hero, and be immersed in these amazing worlds with such beautiful characters and moving storylines. c:
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 10:48:08 )
@Vii: What would you say is your favorite game of all time? Seems like you've played all of them Lolol.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.