Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Undercurrent I shouldn't have deleted my questions but anyway here's people's oc info

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 04:04:34 )

[x]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 04:04:46 )

[x]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 04:04:51 )

[x]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 04:04:56 )

[x]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 04:05:00 )

[x]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 04:05:10 )

[x]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 04:05:14 )

[x]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 04:05:26 )

[x]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 04:05:37 )

[x]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 04:06:00 )

[x]

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 05:28:47 )
I see like a film but I think that also stems from you know... my love of film and my study of it HAHA, but yeah I can always visualize like... where they are, what movements they're making, their body language, expressions, stances, etc etc

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 05:58:14 )
vintage does your OC film come with background music?

I think... I visualize the story most of the time, but if I haven't decided on an exact setting and it's mostly dialogue (which is... like 80% of it) I only imagine the characters and the setting is just blank? if that makes sense

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 16:14:13 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

I "see them" and I don't think I'm capable of not doing that even without context for the background my mind forces one and it simply morphs as more details come to be.

I'm like this with most things honestly- even when having conversations even tho I'm staring at you, I'm more likely visualizing what I am talking about rather than noticing any body language and such orz.

I'm kinda trapped in my head.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 16:25:19 )

Y'all, I have entire anime openings for my OCs. But yeah, I tend to think in images anyway so it's only natural for me to see it more like a film than to hear it.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 18:50:45 )

[x]

pls don't

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 20:57:57 )

Seeing with images is kind of a double edged sword for me. It's often hard for me to put things I'm feeling or thinking about into words so explaining it to someone else takes quite a bit of time and I'm never sure if I'm getting my point across.

She started as a mary sue basically (as most 15 year olds tend to start with) but slowly kind of evolved into something else over time.

I actually have a whole world with it's own history and lore, but a lot of the details are still pretty fuzzy and need to be pinned down (or penned down as it were).

Dragons, in this world, are actually a race that was magically created in antiquity by the great unifier, Drāk. They are considered guardians and peacekeepers. They have low birthrates but long lives (assuming they aren't killed) and are especially gifted at magic. Often they are looked to when there is a dispute or to defend an injustice.

While not all dragons do, Zetanks lives in the floating city of Najiin where most of the dragons live, work, study, and organize.

She is kind, optimistic, a bit naiive, and she has a bad habit of sticking her nose where it doesn't belong. She'll have to make some hard choices though when things go sideways and she realizes she can't save everyone.

I'll have to do the others later, but there's something for you to read at least.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 22:10:21 )

@strawberry: Originally I used to RP with her which gave me a handle on what she was like and how she'd react in certain situations. Then I started developing family and friends, where she grew up, etc. and before I knew it I had a lot to work with so I just continued refining it in my head by asking "why is this the way it is?" and coming up with answers.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 22:26:05 )

@strawberry: Not sure how to answer that exactly. I couldn't have been more than 15 or so when I first made her but I know I haven't really worked on it in a number of years either. Probably not since I was in my early 20's outside a passing thought here and there.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 06:53:45 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Apollo Im Burning: If I ever make OCs that aren't fan-characters or RPG characters like from DnD, then they're usually born from an avatar that I've made and developed a little personality from.

Back on Gaia I made a couple of avatars using a set of horns and a wig item that came with ears.
One was using the blue hair pose, the other red hair pose.
The horns were an asian dragon style of horns, and the eyes weren't kinda rabbity, but sticking out the sides of the head.

The blue themed dragon-rabbit boy turned into street smart hoodlum with a heart of gold. He enjoys all sorts of visual arts, but mainly had a passion for street art, aka graffiti. Blue hoody, bag full of spray paints, and a set of golden eyes brimming with confidence.
The red themed dragon-rabbit boy was made to look more sophisticated in contrast, fancy vest and dress shirt, pinstripe pants, book in hand. I imagined him as more an aloof, stay-at-home bookworm.

And I decided the two would be Asian-American brothers.
Made their family name 'Long' and their first names are based on fictional rabbit names.
Blue street art boy was named Harvey, after Harvey the rabbit, from a film about a mischievous spirit in the form of a rabbit that only one man can see.
Red bookworm boy was named Edward, after Edward Tulane, from the book 'The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane'

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 09:54:40 )
OOF I'M HAPPY TO TALK ABOUT ALL OF THEM I'm going to start with Newt because I'm salty. I put a lot of thought and work into his backstory and then only got to play him a couple times before the group fell apart and we never got to do anything even close to focused on him KFJHKFJ

okay to start out he was my character for this tabletop game called Rifts which is sort of like a dystopian game but more accurately an alt-history type game? and since it came out in the 90s we tried to keep it to that aesthetic dkljhdkd but the plot is like, these rifts started to open up around earth and destroyed everything, and brought in beings from other worlds, dimensions, timelines, etc etc. so now there's aliens and dragons and monsters and demons and robots and amazing tech an people with magic and psychic powers, etc etc... BASICALLY IT WAS ANYTHING GOES HAHA it was a cool setting

so my character's Newt, his actual name is Kristophe but he uses that as an alias. he's a techno-wizard which means he combines magic and technology to make cool weapons and devices that only people with powers can use, so example he'd have to cast spells like fireball out of his rifle, or he could make goggles that had nightvision magic, etc etc

so you can tell he's Russian. in Russia it's reverted back to sort of the dark ages because their country got overrun with demons and the smaller villages decided to return to the old, tried and true way of living as a way of surviving and overcoming it. but this also meant that they have a very god fearing way of living, so anyone who's a magic user is seen as a "witch" and to them that means you must be in league with the demons. the country's also run in a warlord system, where different warlords fight over territory and if you end up in the middle of this you can get messed up, and your quality of life really depends on who currently owns your village.

so his parents were former adventurers/demon hunters that ended up falling in love, and they're pretty progressive compared to a lot of the country. his mother is Tajik-Russian and Muslim, while his father is Catholic. because of that they raised their kids with the teachings and values of both their religions and let them decide what they wanted to believe and follow. he has two older brothers, Ibrahim and Rurik. Ibrahim's a good natured big brother type while Rurik's kind of a grumpy cynical asshole. he also has a little sister Liliya... actually I have an old art of them all together

but yeah as a kid Newt always had an interest in technology. there's a lot of tech in Russia but it's left mostly in the cities, so whenever his father traveled out of town he'd always bring back some little gadget for Newt to play with and take apart. they realized pretty early on he had an abnormally high IQ, so they encouraged him to study while his brothers ended up taking on more of his chores on their farm, which Rurik wasn't happy about.

when they were kids Kristophe always wanted to play with Rurik which his brother basically hated you know... moody preteen boy being followed around by his kid brother, not unusual. ACTUALLY WAIT I have more old art of them as kids:

so one day when Kristophe wanted to play with him Rurik got the idea to try to scare him off once and for all. there was woods near their village that they were always warned not to play in, since demons and fae were said to lurk in there, but Rurik never took it too seriously. so he dared Kristophe to enter the woods with him if he wasn't scared, and Kristophe agreed. but while they were exploring the woods, a sudden thunder storm hit them. scary enough, but in their country storms bring out a type of demon called the Il'ya, which are terrifying shape shifting creatures with animal heads that thrive on chaos. they'll kill anyone left alone outside, unless they are children. they instead love to play a game with children where they kidnap them and hide them in the woods to terrorize them until a search party arrives, and then slaughter the search party. important to know that.

so Rurik and Kristophe are trying to run back home but just as they reached the forest line, a demon swooped in and grabbed Kristophe by the ankle, dragging him back into the woods with him while Rurik could only watch in terror.

when he ran back home, there was nothing his family could do. his mother was a warrior and would have took it on herself, but she was pregnant with their sister at the time, and their father was out of town. none of the other villagers would leave their houses or risk their lives either, they knew too well. luckily a foreign party from America was currently traveling through, which most the townfolk did not trust and would not interact with, but in her desperation their mother asked them to rescue him.

eventually they did find him stored away in the woods traumatized and scared. they couldn't find anything to get him to talk until his attention was caught by one of the party member's tech, who was a techno-wizard. and she was happy to explain it to him and show it to him, which really helped him through it while they got him home. and it's something he never forgot. it amazed him how deep a connection somebody could have to technology with magic, and in secret, he began to study and practice magic while also continuing to study on mechanics and engineering.

Rurik on the other hand took on a more closeminded approach. he felt ashamed for letting that happen to his brother and wanted to get back, so he became a demon hunting farmer essentially. so imagine the blow up when he accidentally stumbled on Newt practicing magic. the punishment for witchcraft could be as severe as banishment or death, and anyone found supporting it (such as his family) would be punished as well. so both out of protection of the rest of the family, and anger at Kristophe for practicing magic at all (which he sees as a betrayal after all he had been through), he turned his brother over to their warlord and his family disowned him publicly, despite loving him still.

so since Kristophe's actually pretty useful with all his knowledge and abilities, the warlord decided to keep him alive but as a prisoner in his camp. and for 5 long years he worked in this camp repairing their vehicles, building weapons, fixing up devices, all the while being bullied and berated by the other workers there, who did not like him. he had a device around his neck that if he tried to escape the camp, it'd explode. but that was a stupid choice considering uhhhhh what he does for a living, so he was able to remove it, steal some equipment, and run away

and his goal at this point is "get to America" because in his mind he sees it as a place of opportunity and openmindedness where he can practice magic all he wants. and on the way he kind of.. goes completely the wrong direction, somehow ends up in Tibet, meets an electric monk, gets them both kicked out, and they ship off to America together where they meet the rest of the crew yadda yadda I could go into them if you wanted but this is about my boy

so when he got to American he settled into a city called New Brooklyn and was just AMAZED by how vibrant and living it all was and seeing all these different types of beings getting along and celebrating that diversity. and on his first day there he was introduced to things like piercings, body mods, hair dye, fashion, all that fun stuff and dived in HEAD FIRST.

and he over indulges now and just does whatever seems fun and exciting, which is why he dresses like a 90s neon disaster, he genuinely loves it and doesnt understand what 'tacky' means lkdjkd and he loves going to raves and parties and clubs and having fun and dancing, and he's always excited to meet new people and make friends

but on the dark side his past REALLY traumatized him and he's still suffering from it. so he's highly neurotic and anxious, and thunderstorms especially will send him into a panic. to calm himself he's always using his hands and building things/taking things apart, and he has a highly addictive personality which is why he still smokes (a habit he picked up in the camp to calm himself). he also frequently suffers from insomnia and will stay up for days at a time, usually distracting himself with coding or building something or getting deep into weird chatrooms.

also he doesn't have a house because he wastes all his money on dumb stuff so he actually lives in a storage unit? HAHA like sometimes he'll crash at other people's places but yeah he's built himself a cozy room that's just wall to wall computer monitors and tech he's wasted his money on or gathered up in his adventures

uhh what else... on okay just random trivia. he's ambidextrous, girls make him nervous, and he can speak Russian, English, and Tajiki, but the latter two aren't as fluent as his Russian obviously.

also here's his playlist it's on the shorter side HAHA

young dumb and full of crumbs

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.