Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Undercurrent I shouldn't have deleted my questions but anyway here's people's oc info

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 00:04:46 )

[x]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 00:06:02 )

[x]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 02:00:42 )

[x]

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 02:48:25 )

@Apollo Im Burning:

Dragons are pretty tough. In addition to being very gifted at magic, they also train in self defense at a minimum, but most usually elect to take more. They're not immortal though and yes, some have been murdered. Though most people are favorable to their existence, there are some people that dislike their meddling, especially when they stand to lose something. It's still pretty uncommon for someone to kill them openly due to the backlash they would receive. There is not necessarily a worse punishment than regular murder, though it's a lot more likely to be noticed.

There have also been wars where dragons have gotten caught up in the conflict, but usually they don't interfere outside of working as a neutral intermediary. It would have to be something earth shattering for them to intervene directly. Sadly since they do tend to get wrapped up in conflicts due to the nature of their jobs it's uncommon for dragons die from old age.

Names... lol. Zetanks I took from an old SNES game called Ogre Battle. It was one of the randomly generated monster names. The rest I just... sorta made up? I used to be a lot more creative. =( It was literally just a "yeah that feels right". I have *counts* 8 dragons that actually have names and faces, 2 that I know what they look like and their personality a little but haven't nailed down a name, and a handful of others that are kind of nebulous voids atm.

I would say worldwide there are probably around 2,000 dragons. Their aging slows as they get older so when they're babies they grow up fairly quickly but can live a lot longer than a human. At 42 that would put Zetanks somewhere around the early 20's. She hasn't really left the city much since she came there however so she's still pretty unaware of the dangers out there in the world. They don't send kids out on missions or anything though. Before you start getting assignments you have to pass various tests to make sure you're ready, and even then they never send anyone out alone.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 05:23:23 )

[x]

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 05:54:15 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Apollo Im Burning: Unfortunately, no. I do not have any art of previous OCs I might have had. They exist just in my head currently.
I did have the avatars they were based on, but that's on an old PC hard drive, or possible they were on an even older one that is probably deleted or something by now.
I may have gotten freebie art of them, but I don't recall.
I tend not to have the resources to commission any art.
And I don't really go looking for freebies often either. I'd just feel like I was pestering artists by asking, even in their own freebie art threads.

Harvey Long and Edward Long.
Asian American brothers, both named after famous fictional rabbits. (out of character)
Harvey's name came from 'Harvey,' a play-turned-film about a man and his best friend, a playful Irish spirit in the form of a rabbit.
Edward comes from the book The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane.

Harvey is a mischievous street punk who loves all kinds of art, but especially when it's on a brick wall canvas. His signature color is blue.
Edward likes to play the part of serious and responsible brother, but he's actually pretty emotionally immature, and tended to hide himself away within his books. His signature color is red.

They were born into affluence, and left to their own devises inside their often-empty home.
At a young age, the two brothers entertained themselves by working together creatively, drawing and making up stories for eachother.
Harvey had a knack for art, and it became is main interest as he got older. He loved to show off his art to whoever he could, whenever he could. So of course he loved to plaster his art in whatever public places he could, even if it wasn't altogether allowed.

Edward enjoyed the storytelling he did with his brother and wanted more, turning to books as he grew up, but he didn't pursue any creative outlets of his own anymore. Though he dabbled in writing, he was never satisfied and ultimately he put down his pen to devote most of his time to consuming the writings of others.

Harvey got himself a job and spent his own money for whatever supplies he needed.

Edward simply spent their parent's money on his growing mountain of books. They didn't question it, thinking it was simply for his education.

Edward liked to lecture Harvey about being responsible and not falling in with the street crowd, and yet it was Harvey that took care of his brother.
Often cooking for Edward when he'd fail to come out of his room for endless hours.

Fan characters Hmmm

idk if you know much of the game of thrones lore, but here is a fan OC noble.

Ser *undecided first name* Weathers is a newly landed knight under Robert Baratheon.
Awarded a keep and land for his service in battle.
He survived a surprise onslaught from enemy forces until reinforcements arrived and aided in breaking the enemy attack.

Owns a pair of mismatched valyrian steel daggers called Tooth and Nail.
Each were won in separate tourney bets.
House Motto: Give No Ground.

Banner is a pair of red crossed daggers above three red escutcheons, on field of green.
The crossed daggers not only represent his pair of valyrian steel daggers but also himself.
The three red escutcheons represent his three sons.

Awarded with the ruins and lands of Summerhall and tasked with holding the Stormlands side of the Boneway, in the event that Dorne later rebelled against Robert.
Rebuilds SummerHall with more defenses and renames to SummerHold.

After Robert's death Lord Weathers declares he supports King Robert's son for the throne that is his by right, and that he will continue to perform his assigned duty: Holding the Stormland end of the Boneway for King Joffery, and the good of the realm.

Knowing Joffery and Cersei though, they will command Lord Weathers to abandon his post at SummerHold and join the fight against the rebel forces of Stannis and Renly Baratheon.
In this event, Lord Weathers will resist orders to abandon his post until he is forced to rebel against Joffery and declare allegiance for Renly or Stannis under the condition that he continue to hold the Boneway, so that he may continue to duty assigned to him by the late King Robert.

I don't have much of the old text files I used to have of other fan OC stuff.
I don't recall much of others I had.

Scott Marin, a cycling focused pokemon trainer. Used mostly pokemon that were convenient to ride on.
And a set of twins (boy and girl) who lived in Rustboro city in the Hoenn region. They both set out in different directions, and meet up later as rivals.
When I made them, I plotted the routes they would take on the Hoenn Pokemon map and referenced what pokemon you could find along those ways, to determine their pokemon teams.
But I don't have that info anymore. orz

Hmmm, and I have tendency to make very, very loose 'OCs'
Just simple characters that I don't develop much outside of the 'scene' they were born from.

Both unnamed, gay couple.
Left is a often a big jerk, purposely ignoring Right, upsetting him into crying when he's trying to get Left's attention while they're out.
They 'make up' later on that night though, when Left gives Right all the attention he could want.
Left just like to tease Right. He thinks that Right is cute when he cries.
A relationship of emotional ups and downs for Right. Probably not healthy for him, but he's probably the 'M' to Left's 'S', considering he stays with him.

Edit: After writing that last bit I got to thinking of names of them.
Left is Mickey
Right is Aiden.

Mickey came from searching names meaning 'big.' That lead to Mitchell, which lead to Michael, which lead to Mickey.
He prefers to be called any nickname variant though. Like Mitch, Mike, Micheal, etc.
Probably started acting like a prick after forming a complex over being named like a cartoon mouse.

Aiden came from me finding 'Aidan' described as meaning 'fiery little one'
It's pretty apt for the personality I imagined for him.
Mick likes to call him 80, or "his little M-80" (Works well I think, and ties back into him being an 'M')

Thanks, you helped me develop Mick and Aiden a bit. :violet-celebrate:

Join the Horde. We have bananas. ๐ŸŒ
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 06:01:57 )
here's my playlists for OCs ;'3c

Milo (his is funny since half of it is like dark moody music, the other half is like pop songs lJFKL)

Franz (kind of what I imagine the type of music he makes sounds like, also just his general mood)

Red (including the other characters too)

Pazu

Lorne (basically what I pictured him listening to)

super cringe James and Kane one (HAHA I need to redo theirs this is pretty old)

then I have a bunch for boltra npcs too....

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 06:15:35 )
When i make ocs, its usually just a burst of energy. I can see them, hear them in music, or i could make a design and decide to make it a character. my most recent and current favorit that my current avatart is, it started out as an avatar design i made for someone else, and i decided to make him a he and change the colors of the outfit. As for my oldest, that would be Neo Chevalier. He started out as this vampire i made for some base art, and then he just evolved from an uptight drunken mess to a kind peacekeeping blood addicted pureblood Ive had Neo for 16 years now, and i refuse to get rid of him.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/4 02:39:47 )

[x]

pls don't

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/4 03:07:38 )
@Apollo Im Burning: i do not unfortunately, that was 16 years ago on a site that doesnt even work on firefox and one im sure ive forgotten the password to. im not using a pic i made for his weebly entry either. but i do have this!

a recolor avi i made of him
And yes it does. It sometimes makes him binge feed until hes sick and his body purges it by yknow...throwing it up. It also makes him closer to the beast inside so yes it causes problems.
I have 22 characters, let me know if you want to hear more about any of them.
Art Shop
https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7892 Art Dump
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7849 Item Shop
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7944

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/4 03:57:20 )
to be honest I actually enjoy doing it? o: I find it a fun challenge, like trying to fit something into preestablished world. it also means I have to put less work into developing the setting and instead can put all the focus onto the character c:

HAHA yeah I understand that orz but yeah it's a cool game and there's so many interesting classes and races in it, and the way the game is set up it's really easy to make custom races and stuff too

NAH YOU'RE FINE this is fun okay let's see:

1. the alias came from a nickname his mother used to call him when he was a kid. "ัั‰ะตั€ะธั†ะฐ" which means lizard, which she called him affectionately since he liked to climb/crawl onto things. but he didn't know what the direct translation was and got it wrong klddj he just stuck with it though
2. honestly it depends but it's usually "this sounds cool and suits the mood I'm going for with them" I actually have a really hard time coming up with names? especially last names. my process is usually either looking up name meanings that feel fitting, random name generators, taking the last names of authors, or just... using a word. HAHA
3. Newt is 23, Rurik is 28, Ibrahim is 30, and Liliya is 16
4. I actually cannot remember HAHA I lost my character sheet to time orz I rolled one really high number and put it into IQ tho, and when I checked the book later I was like "oh shid he's an actual genius okay"

you know I live for the drama ;'3c

5. He had it on from the start yeah, it was a mix of things. First was a fear of escaping since it was a heavily guarded camp and the wilderness of Russia really isn't friendly so at first he didn't really entertain it, but after a while it just became too much for him. Then you know, he had to be very careful about removing it or else it'd just blow up if it detected him tampering with it, plus having to find any time without being watched was a challenge.
6. HAHA OKAY so this is my friend's character oh my god... So there was a band of monks that basically secured themselves away in a hidden village, keeping them safe from the outside world but also meant that they were unaware of all that was happening out there too. So when one of the young children there started to show signs of electric psy powers, they thought he was like.. not a god but like a very powerful figure so they treated him as such. and this dudes a piece of shid so he took advantage of it to get whatever he wanted HAHA so when one of the monks found Newt outside their village in rough shape they help him out and he accidentally reveals like "oh magic? that's common watch I can do it c:" and since they already had enough of Yoshi's shit they kick him out for tricking them and Newt convinces him to go to America with him, basically
7. HAHA he's not really used to being around girls at all so he gets nervous and flustered, then again anyone cute will get him flustered in general

young dumb and full of crumbs

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.