Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When the Ink Dries

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 09:08:50 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

She noticed that Hal looked distressed.

And stressed.

In fact, to her, he looked like a nervous wreck.

And all he said was two words.

"....it's gone."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 09:10:00 )

Hollie paused when he said that.

"Excuse me?" She asked.

"Please tell me you aren't talking about what I think you are." She said simply, a sharp tone to her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 09:24:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I could." Hal responded.

"But I won't. It would be a lie." he told her.

He then made his way to the wall, opened up the safe, and showed her.

The tome was gone.

"I don't know how, I don't know when." he told her.

"I had it with me earlier, and it has not left this room unless it went home with me. And there is NO footage of anyone coming into my office on the cameras." he went on.

"For all intents and purposes, it has disappeared." he told her further, internally bracing himself for what might occur.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 09:27:30 )

Hollie was silent before pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Meaning the pen is here." She stated simply.

"That is the only way I can feasibly believe that this happened." She then met his gaze, her eyes hard.

"Hal, I will deal with the fact that this happened under your watch later. For now? We need to find that fucking book, and the pen. Because I can tell you right now, Someone here has them both."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 09:37:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal wouldn't admit it right now, but he was terrified.

He was absolutely frightened of what Hollie would do to him. He'd let her down in a very big way, and he knew that the consequences would be dire.

"...then we are on very little precious time." he responded.

"Whomever has it might not even know what it is they're dealing with, which is even MORE concerning." he admitted, trying to think as hard as he could.

"....I wonder if that Encrae woman is tied to this." he then said.

"I recall a pair of my agents pursued one of her lackeys about a week ago..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 11:24:32 )

"She probably had someone hunting out either of the relics." Hollie commented before sighing.

"But I have no idea if that is actualylt rue or not." she added.

"Honestly, your entire Unit from top to bottom is going to have to be scoured.

"And with the size of this place, that can take months."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 22:14:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I know." Hal replied.

"Heaven and Hell help me, I know." he said.

"But I'll have to do it." he told her.

"...and I'll have to do it alone." he said further.

"I don't know if I can trust anyone in my own Unit right now." he went on, the weight and severity of his tone telling her this hurt him to say.

"So I'll have to do this myself, and make sure nobody knows that I'm doing so." he continued.

"And then an internal review will need to be done, in terms of my position, and whether or not I'm keeping it, but that... comes later." he muttered further.

"For now, I have a Unit to search, where every single person is a suspect."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 22:16:16 )

Hollie was silent for a moment before sighing.

"I don't know what to tell you, Hal. This is the one place I had never expected the pen to show up. I actually thought it'd be at the council moreso than here... more people for instance." She admitted.

"Which is why I brought the tome here for safekeeping. But we need to find it. I'll help you in any way I can, just say the word."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 22:49:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hollie, do whatever it is you need to do to find that book." Hal responded.

"You have complete and utter authority to use whatever resources you have at your disposal to find it." he told her.

"Raze this building to the ground if you have to." he went on.

"I take full responsibility for this, and all the consequences that will befall me, regardless of how this turns out." he continued, before shaking his head.

"Now, if you'll excuse me." he then said, getting up from his desk.

"I have lockers and dorms to search and comb."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 22:50:30 )

Hollie nodded.

"Duly noted." She said. With that, she was gone. She used her mana to get out of there, and to let Hal start his own search.

The question was what was going to come of this, overall? There was no way to know if anyone would find the book, but he knew it wouldn't be long before whomever had it would start using it.

Or did they already?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 02:42:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just growled to himself, before getting up and marching out of the office.

"Right." he said.

"Time for some serious investigating, and some very unpopular decisions." he muttered to himself.

- - - -

Illias sat in private, the tome in front of him, the pen in his hand.

And he looked quite satisfied with himself. Almost unnaturally so.

"And so Kiah forgot all about the conversation with Illias... and discarded the pen as unimportant." he finished saying as he wrote.

-A few days later-

Illias seemed... different. His satisfaction looked like outright unnatural happiness... until something came to his mind suddenly, and he looked angry.

"...that black widow..." he growled.

"I've seen how she looks at Kiah..." he said, before he made his way to the book, and seemed to instinctively put pen to paper.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 03:42:56 )

She was sitting and enjoying dinner with Jake, in the middle of a conversation. After she took a bite of the pasta she'd ordered, she froze and looked to the side slightly with a grimace.

"Ugh, that wasn't pleasant." She muttered.

"Anya, you ok?" Jake asked. The pale woman nodded as she looked back.

"Yeah, I think so. Probably just hit my stomach in a less than stellar way." She answered with a light laugh. "I'm fine."

They continued to chat for a few more minutes before Jake paused, a serious look in his eyes.

"You're extremely pale, Anya..." He said, concern dripping from his voice.

"We should head home. You look like you need bed." He added. Anya didn't say anything, but did nod. Jake sumoned the server, got the food packed up to go, paid, and sighed. Their night out was spoiled, it seemed, but as long as she was all right in the end. As it stood, it seemed like maybe it was just a case of something akin to the flu, which wasn't horrible. Unpleasant, but not the end of the world.

When she went to her feet to leave though, she collapsed back into the chair and just leaned forward.

"Jake... " She started, her voice quiet.

"This is more serious than I thought." If he looked closely, he'd be able to see something akin to a rash that was spreading across her skin, starting under her shirt, leading up her neck a bit and down her left arm.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 04:03:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake's eyes widened when he saw the rash spreading.

"Ohhhhhh no..." he muttered.

He then took out his cell phone, and dialled the number to reach Angela in an emergency.

"Angela, help." he said when she answered.

He described where they were, and what was happening to Anya.

"Send the emergency medical team. NOW. She needs to get to the Unit's medical wing." he told her, the urgency in his tone more than evident.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 04:04:28 )

'The hell?" Angela asked, not expecting an answer.

"Of course. Can you get her outside?" She asked. "So as to avoid a panic in the restaurant." She added.

"If not, I just need t9o tell them that, but it would be easier,"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 04:18:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'll get her outside." Jake responded.

With that, he made sure everything was paid for, and grabbed their food. He allowed Anya to use him for balance, as they slowly made their way outside.

"The medical emergency room team will be here." he told her.

"You'll be at the Unit in no time." he assured her further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 04:23:58 )

Anya was silent as they made their way outside, but nodded as Jake said what he did.

"th... thanks." She said, starting to sound far worse than before.

Once they were outside, she had him take her over to a bench, where she just sat down. They weren't there for long before a couple of people approached.

"Yo!" one called as they approached. When Jake looked over, he saw two people who recognized. They were from the med wing.

"All right, got any extra information?" Was asked of Jake. "Before we take her, that is."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 04:43:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake shook his head.

"I told Angela everything." he told them.

"It started as an upset stomach, and then the rash started to develop." he said.

"Beyond that, I... just don't know." he admitted.

"Just please... help her." he told them.

"I don't know if this is life-threatening, but it's definitely serious."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 04:48:47 )

"Of course." was the answer he received.

"We will do all we can." It was a small assurance, but it was an assurance, at least. If nothing else, he had that.

They vanished with Anya pretty quickly, and got her back to the Unit. Angela was quickly working on her, with some of Zeke's mana to help due to how it really did seem a bit like she was an inch from death. By the tmie she arrived there, the rash had spread down her arm completely, halfway across her face, and as Angela stripped her to check her over completely she found that the rash had covered about three quarters of her torso as well.

After she managed to get Anya stable, she made her way through the halls up to Sharp's office. She knew that it was something she had to bring to him. This had to be investigated.

His receptionist told her that he was busy with someone, so she opted to sit and wait.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 05:04:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Angela was waiting for about 5 minutes or so, before she saw the person leave Sharp's office. When the door was open, Sharp noticed that Angela was there, and seemed to be waiting for him.

He got up from his desk, and made his way to the doorway.

"Angela." he greeted her.

"It's rare to see you here." he commented.

"And it's usually something serious." he went on, before sighing.

"Come on in." he told her, turning back to his desk.

"Close the door behind you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 05:06:58 )

Angela closed the door before sighing as she stepped up to his desk.

"It's regarding Anya." She told him honestly.

"I was called by Jake, her to collect her from the restaurant that her and Jake were dining at." She continued before pausing a bit and biting her lip.

"She's been contaminated with Mors aranea." She told him honestly.

"I don't know how, but it's extremely aggressive with her, for one reason or another. I ... I don't know if I can save her."
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.