Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When the Ink Dries

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/29 23:59:48 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp paused for a brief moment, and sighed.

"Illias." he told her.

He then relayed to her what Kiah had told him, sparing no details, but making sure the information was passed on quickly, so no time was wasted.

"So I have good reason to believe that he has it." he said.

"Meaning the help you sent in hasn't gotten to him yet." he then reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 00:01:42 )

"I don't think the dorms have been completely finished yet, no." Hollie said before sighing.

"Well, I suppose we know where we are going. Or at least I am." She said before pausing a moment.

"Do you know where he is?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 00:20:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"One second." Hal replied.

He then went to one of the walls, slid open a small panel, and pressed some buttons on the electronic pad that was there. As he did, a blue light shone out from the device, and formed into a complete wire-frame 3D plan of the entire building.

He pressed a few more buttons, feeding more information into it, before a red dot appeared somewhere in the scheme.

"Right then." he said.

"Looks like Kiah was right." he commented.

"Illias is right in his dorm."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 00:37:01 )

Hollie watched Hal do what he did before chuckling.

"I forgot you work with Leo." She commented.

"But good." She added.

"Let's get that pen and book back." She added before pausing a moment.

"Because they can NOT be together."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 00:54:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, had it installed a couple of months ago." Hal replied.

"The confirmation to make it technically hasn't come back, but... well... he had a good case of 'she'll allow it, you know it, lemme get to work on it while I'm here'..." he then admitted.

"Anyway, yes, let's go." he agreed.

"We need to separate them, and we need to do it now." he reasoned.

"...I shudder to think about what is happening to Illias at the moment." he then said quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 00:56:22 )

"Well, he was right." Hollie commented.

"Leo knows me well enough." She added with a light laugh.

"Anyway, let's go."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 05:02:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp nodded, and the two of them left his office immediately.

They hastily made their way to where Illias' down was, able to pass through the lockdown barriers thanks to Hollie's mana. She could get through them naturally, and she quickly gave Hal 'special permissions' with her mana.

As they got closer to Illias' dorm, both could feel just how steeped the area was getting with arcane mana... but that was mostly because Hollie was arguably the most powerful mage on the planet, and Hal was a djinn.

"...for arcane mana, this is thick." he said quietly.

"And we're going to need to act extremely fast, we can't waste a moment." he went on, looking at the door handle and very gently trying to open it... only to find it locked, unsurprisingly.

"It'll be too noisy to pick the lock or break down the door." he whispered to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 05:08:54 )

Hollie just met Hal's gaze.

"I wish it wasn't locked." She stated simply, plainly and blandly. It was quite succinct. She knew what it would do, and what it would result in. It would definitely take the issue out of the problem, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 05:28:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent for a moment, before smirking.

He then flicked his wrist, and they saw the lock glow for a fraction of a second.

They looked back at each other for a second, nodded, and Hal burst open the door.

What they saw was rather harrowing.

Illias was sitting at his desk, pen in hand, tome in front of him. He was surrounded by arcane mana, to the point where it was visible to the naked eye, the closer it was to him. It seemed to envelop him, almost like an aura... but it was clear that the man was acting on its own.

His eyes were filled with arcane mana, the substance almost oozing out of them, and sparking as well. Though his pupils and irises could no longer be seen, when he looked at them, his expression was clear...

'Help me'.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 05:41:33 )

Hollie bit her lip slightly and steeled herself. She knew what was coming, having gone through this once in her past. It hadn't been easy to do, either, but it was something. She knew what kind of anything to expect.

And she knew it would not be an easy encounter, at all.

"All right, Hal... Let's go." She said before letting go off the staff she had. It remained standing, hovering ahead o fher a bit.

"Let's see if we can save him." She added before there was a beam of light, of dark negative light, of her mana, that went from the gem in her staff straight to Ilias' head.

She was trying to sever the connection with the pen.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 06:13:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When the beam connected with Illias' head, he let out a scream... but it was a scream that wasn't human OR animal. It didn't even sound of their world. The best way to describe it would be "if mana could scream, that was what it would sound like".

As soon as that happened, Hal stretched out his hand. When he did, the pen was surrounded by a very dark purple glow... so purple, it was almost black.

"Nngh..." Hal grunted.

"The pen's got a good hold on Illias." he told Hollie.

"But I've managed to get it to not be able to get to the tome." he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 06:22:04 )

"Well, at least there's that." Hollie said as she started to approach where Ilias was sitting. As it stood, her mana was weakening the connection, and she could just hope that it would be enough that she could wrench the pen from his grasp.

As she neared though, the pen seemed to vibrate from within Hal's mana. It was trying to break free, and it was doing all it could to do so.

The book... Hollie thought before pausing and reaching for the book.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 06:30:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she did so, it seemed that the mana within the pen 'knew' what she was doing... and it didn't want her to do it. So, using Illias as a puppet, in a way, it caused him to do something.

Or, rather, it caused some things ON him to do something.

As she reached closer to the book, several of the snakes on Illias' head became violent and hissed at Hollie, before they started to actively snap at her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 06:37:35 )

Hollie just rolled her eyes. She wasn't going to let the snakes cause her anything akin to harm, and she certainly wasn't going to worry about it.

She didn't have chance to initiate any sort of protection though, before she felt a couple of bites from a couple of snakes.

"Oh piss off." she snapped as she grabbed one of them and pulled, hard. She wasn't trying to tear it off his head, but instead was trying to harm it enough tha tit would think again about attempting to bite her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 06:56:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she grabbed one of them and pulled, the others continued to try and snap at her... it seemed like no part of Illias was in control of itself right now.

"HOLLIE!" Hall called out.

The struggle and fight dragged and raged on for what seemed like forever, but eventually, through the efforts of Hollie and Hal, they managed to knock Illias to the floor.

All three of them were in very bad shape, but Illias and the pen were now on the floor, while the book was still up on the desk.

Meaning Hollie had a clear and uninterrupted path towards it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 07:05:36 )

Hollie used her staff to encase the pen in a barrier that she was sure it owuldn't be able to get out of, before making her way over to the desk. She set her hand on the book, and almost instantly, it vanished. It appeared in her brothers study mere fractions of a second later, leaving Ilias and just the pen behind.

Once that was done, she made her way to the pen and grabbed it before pocketing it and sighing.

"Hal, I wish you were without damage." She stated calmly., her voice a bit ragged.

"I also wish that you'll take care of Ilias, while I go check in on my brother, since he found himself with a new tome, suddenly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 07:24:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

All of a sudden, Hal felt himself devoid of any injuries, as though he'd never engaged in the battle.

"..." he was then silent, as she made her second wish.

"Didn't need to wish that." he muttered to her.

"And fine, go to your brother." he told her.

Meanwhile, Vincent had been reading one of the books he had, when the tome suddenly appeared right in front of him.

"What the...?" he wondered.

"Is this...?" he muttered aloud, as he looked it over.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 07:28:03 )

After he'd said what he did, Hollie nodded before vanishing from where she was.

She appeared in the den upstairs from where her brother was currently, before sending out a mental missive to him.

Come to the den. Leave the book behind.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 07:41:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent paused when he heard his sister's voice, and sighed.

'Oh my way.' he replied.

He then got up from his desk, and made his way upstairs to the den, where Hollie was.

"All right." he said when he saw her.

"Fill me in." he told her.

"I'm willing to bet there's QUITE a story to be told." he then muttered with a sigh.

"Care for some tea while you talk?" he offered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 07:44:35 )

Hollie just laughed lightly.

"We're so Welsh, aren't we?" She asked.

"Tea is ... pretty damned near everything sometimes. So yes, Tea would be lovely."
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.