Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When the Ink Dries

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 05:33:17 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake, who was reading the newspaper... as usual... paused for a moment when he heard her. He heard the heaviness, the weight, in her tone of voice, and set the paper down to look at her.

"...Miss Remmington?" he addressed her.

"This is unexpected." he said.

"Normally Agent Sharp gives me a heads-up when you're stopping by." he commented further.

"...is something wrong?" he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 05:52:47 )

"Ah, that would likely be because normally he knows a head of time that I am stopping by." Hollie stated simply.

"And something wrong? Not neccessarily. I just need help and he's the one that can grant it to me." She then said.

"May I enter? Or do you require the usual means of verification?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 06:08:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake was silent for a moment, and sighed.

"I believe it's you." he told her.

"And I want to just let you in." he said further.

"However, we've had breaches of security because of some extremely talented shapeshifters." he went on.

"I'd never forgive myself if I allowed such a thing to happen because I didn't follow protocol." he informed her further.

"So I'll need some verification."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 06:11:54 )

"Of course." Hollie said before having an orb of her mana come from the staff she had. It floated over to Jake and hovered in front of him.

"That work?" She asked.

"I know you do like my mana after all." She then said with a smirk.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 06:29:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake paused as he saw this, before his eyes shifted from side to side.

His tongue then flicked out several times, and she saw him smile... slightly... mellowly.

"Ah, yeah." he said.

"Yep. That works." he told her.

He then pressed the button, allowing her entry, before flicking his tongue out a few more times.

"Mmmm, yup." he murmured.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 06:33:39 )

"Enjoy." Hollie said, fully aware of what he did with the remaining mana that wasn't needed for the check. Hal had told her in the past.

She made her way through the door and the halls, not sure where it was that she'd find her target. What she did know, was that he should be in his office, and if he wasn't... well, that could be problematic.

When she reached the office, she stepped in and greeted the receptionist, who checked if he was in and available, before heading in as she was granted entrance.

"Hal, I need your help." She said once she closed the door, as she approached his desk.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 06:56:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal looked to be surprised to see Hollie.

"Oh, Hollie." he said.

"...what is it?" he asked her, cutting to the chase.

"What do you need help with?" he asked further.

He could feel the heaviness in her tone, and could tell that this was something important. It didn't seem... extremely urgent, as he didn't sense panic in her tone, but he had a feeling this wasn't to be taken lightly.

"Do you want some tea?" he then asked.

"And no, I'm not making light of whatever it is you have to ask of me, you just look like a cup of tea could do you some good." he quickly clarified.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 06:58:01 )

"I won't be here long enough to enjoy it, unfortunately." Hollie answered as she set what looked to be nothing more than a wrapped packacge onto his desk.

"I need you to keep this safe for me." She told him.

"There are a few things to keep in mind for it. Namely, do not leave it alone, and if you are in another room with it, do not take your eyes off of it. In here is one thing, there is only one door and we're four floors up. But beyond that? Don't leave it alone."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 07:15:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Hal was left speechless for a moment, taking that all in.

"Er... right then." he said.

"Admittedly, I have several questions." he told her.

"However... let's get down to the most basic one." he said.

"What IS this?" he asked, gesturing to the package.

"Not that I don't trust you, but I'd like to know what it is that I'm guarding to diligently." he explained.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 07:17:25 )

"A book." was Hollie's answer. It didn't give much information at all, since there were several books in the mana catacomes of the council that it could be.

"I will give more infomra5tion after it's safely being cared for." She then said before som,e mana floated from her to him.

"I need your verbal confirmation. This IS an artefact, and one that will caused a LOT of problems if I can't find someone to watch over it for the moment." She added.

"I don't think it'll be too long. A week? Two weeks? Maybe a couple months? Shouldn't be longer than that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 07:37:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent as he saw the mana float over towards him.

"....very well." he replied.

"I, Hal Sharp, solemnly vow to keep watch over this artefact, for as long as necessary, until it can be properly stored and cared for." he said aloud.

He then grabbed the package, and made his way over to one of the walls. Once there, he tapped 3 times on it, and a hidden panel swung open, revealing a heavy safe door. He unlocked the door, placed the package in safe, shut the door, locked it, and then closed the panel again.

"There. It is protected." he told Hollie.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 07:38:16 )

When he turned back, the mana was gone.

"Good." Hollie said.

"Hal, the pen that goes with it is missing, no one has been able to find it, and even then I just found this one last week." She told him.

"Oh yeah, it's the Tome of Untold Futures." She added.

"So don't leave it alone. Ever."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 07:56:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal seemed to freeze for a moment.

"The Tome of Untold Futures?" he asked.

"Ohhhhhh my." he said.

"The one that, when paired with the pen, will give the holder power over anyone's immediate future." he said further, his voice quiet.

"Without the pen, it's harmless." he went on.

"But the legends say that the tome and pen are drawn to each other." he mumbled further.

"I swear I will guard it to be very best of my abilities and capabilities." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 08:00:49 )

"You're the best I could think of to protect it. It's too likely that if it's at the council, someone there has the pen or has knowledge of it and will unknowningly pass the information on to the wielder of the pen. I just... I can't take that risk." Hollie said with a light sigh.

"And thank you, Hal. This is only until we find the pen."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 08:23:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just nodded in response.

"I understand." he said.

"That damn tome and pen is a veritable curse on this world." he grumbled.

"I hope it and the pen never come into contact." he went on.

"If they do, the results could be disastrous." he said further.

"I'll do all I can to ensure the tome's safety." he then assured her.

"Anyone else know that I have it now?" he inquired.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 08:24:31 )

"No one." Hollie said.

"The council where it was being stored doesn't even know I took it." She then said.

"I had to do it secretly, lest this becomes a disaster." She added with a light sigh.

"Anyway, I'm going to get out of your business and head back. I am due in a meeting soon." She stated before giving him a hug.

"Thank you, Hal. And I apologize for any stress that the tome ends up causing you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 08:45:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal returned the hug, and held her close.

"It's all right." he replied.

"I understand why it needs to be me." he told her.

"I'll be fine, and the tome will be fine." he then assured the woman.

"NOONE will know of this." he stressed.

"I swear it." he said.

"I assume you must be going now?" he asked.

"There anything else I can do to lighten the burden that seems to have been placed upon you?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 08:48:14 )

Hollie took a second before shaking her head.

"No. You've done enough by accepting it." Hollie said.

"Let me know if anything comes up." She added. "Because while I pray nothing does happen, I realise that it is very possible something will." She then said with a light sigh.

"Anyway, I need to clear out. I'll be in touch, and thank you again, Hal." With that, she waved and vanished from where she was with a couple taps of her staff onto the floor.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 09:05:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just watched her go, before sitting back down at his desk.

".....hm." he mumble, looking at the wall.

"That damn tome." he said.

"Never thought I'd see it again." he muttered. "Never WANTED to see it again." he said further.

He then sighed quietly, and looked at his tea.

"....where to keep it at home..." he whispered to himself, trying to make arrangements and plan things out.

After a couple of days, Illias was sitting at his desk, going through some notes, before he looked around, as though looking for something.

He then went back to writing... before he looked around again. And then again.

Either he was looking for something specific, or he was hearing something nobody else was. Regardless, he wasn't finding what he was searching for.

"....weird..." he mumbled, seeming to be thinking aloud.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 09:20:55 )

Kiah had stepped into the room at the convient time to witness Ilias' confusion.

"Waht's going on?" She asked him, her voice curious.

"You look kinda lost."
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.